• Members

I am not betting the farm on it, but the now closed New House was described as “cozy” by Spartacus Guide. That location is very close to Av Paulista but technically a bit south of Consolação, in Bela Vista very close to MASP. In contrast, Rainbow is a few floors atop a hotel.

• Members

Here’s the face-to-face, in-person “insider info” that I received late last week — from two separate Paulista working “boys” with tight relationships with the owner and/or his traveling clients who also regularly send for garotos overseas. 

According to each of these two, Rodolfo has told them that the new Lagoa is opening in December, and that it will be in the Consolação neighborhood, either on or right off Avenida Paulista. Two different, unrelated “high-end” garoto sources that work regularly in Lagoa said this to me in independent conversations in just the last week that it would be on (or right off) Av. Paulista.

Now, I also tried to ask if this new sauna will be taking over an existing sauna space, such as the failing Club Rainbow. I could not get a direct answer, but this may have been due to that part of our conversations being lost in translation — and we were talking about several other topics. However, according to Google Maps, Rainbow is 3.5 blocks from Av. Paulista and is not in Consolação, so that fact pattern doesn’t really fit what I was told by these two different jet-setting garotos.

But, like everything you hear second- or third-hand and like everything you read on the internet, take it with a grain of salt, consider the source material, and use your own judgment. 

• Members

Rainbow and the hotel on which it sits are, in fact, in Consolação. However, it has been open and advertising activities steadily, so that seems inconsistent with renovations unless the venue has operated while accommodating refurbishment. I think it is wise of RPS to keep it under wraps since community activism against brothels is not unheard of ... better for it to have left the station. 

• Members

The clarification that I just received is that when I was told it would be in Consolocão and on / near Paulista is that it is off the Estação Paulista Metro stop (NOT Avenida Paulista, as I originally thought one of my sources said), and that it is both near Consolação (which is the name of a large well-known cemetery, but also the neighborhood around it is often referred  to by the cemetery and street name, Consolação) AND is on or right off Avenida Consolação.

This would make it between the triangle of the Estação Paulista Metro, the Higienópolis - MacKenzie Metro l, AND the Consolação Metro. All of these stations are between an 8-10 minute walk to the center of Consolação.

NOTE: if correct, this further eliminates the existing saunas Club Rainbow or Top Man, as possibilities.

So, mystery solved. If all my independent sources (now three) are to be believed, then the only further clarifications are the exact street (large Rua Consolação, or a smaller side neighborhood street?), and the grand opening date.

B4828768-6CC6-4C5F-89A7-95C9B89F8B43.jpeg

• Members
On 10/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, SolaceSoul said:

...the new Lagoa is opening in December, and that it will be in the Consolação neighborhood, either on or right off Avenida Paulista. Two different, unrelated “high-end” garoto sources that work regularly in Lagoa said this to me in independent conversations in just the last week that it would be on (or right off) Av. Paulista....

I got the same intel from a boy who's not anymore working steadily in lagoa, but who's close to Rodolfo.

And from what i have been told...nope it's not the failing rainbow.

Of course it's not something 100% verified.

Edited by likeohmygod

• Members
11 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

I got the same intel from a boy who's not anymore working steadily in lagoa, but who's close to Rodolfo.

And from what i have been told...nope it's not the failing rainbow.

Of course it's not something 100% verified.

Yep, except see my following post. Instead of “right off Avenida Paulista”, it’s actually “right off Estação Paulista”. 

Pay no attention to the Googlers. 

• Members

Some time ago one of our members posted that there might be a new bathhouse brothel built, composed, or converted from a small building or site in São Paulo by entrepreneurs he knows. I cannot find the entry but I wonder what became of that, and I thought it might be related to the structure rebuilt on the New House site. Likely a reach.

• Members

Heavy sigh.

The Consolação Metro is on Avenida Paulista. The new location is about a 10-minute walk from that.

The messages on the official IG and the website “In November, we are moving to the Consolação neighborhood very close to Paulista Avenue”, by “very close to” it means about a 10-minute walk to the Consolação cemetery area, to a side street near it. 

The Estação Paulista Metro stop is a few minutes walk closer — 8 minutes, if you’re on that train line. The other stop that is nearby, Higienópolis - MacKenzie, is about the same distance as the Consolação stop — 10 minutes.

By comparison, the current Thermas Lagoa location is about a 6-minute walk from the Santa Cruz metro station.

Of course, this only matters to those of us who actually care to travel by Metro. For the Uber and cab crowd, it’s pretty much all the same. 

In either event, this coming week, the exact address reveal is being promised, so those that solely get their scoop from mad Googling can give their scraggly fingers a rest. As I said already, it’s going to be on a smaller street almost directly across from the Consolação landmark cemetery. And the name will change slightly from Thermas Lagoa to Espaço Lagoa (probably due to its newfound “coziness”).

7A9C3C0D-FE3F-40B0-A259-91192E77E9F3.jpeg

• Members
2 hours ago, Riobard said:

A debt of gratitude and shout out to DuckDuckGo and candle-burning at the Library of Congress 

24BF8AEC-0F27-4A01-99A7-8F1FB159F53C.gif

I’ve put your annoying ass on ignore, but this is worth a response:

Maybe you should just stop posting about shit that you know nothing about in desperate attempts to seem like a know-it-all? 

• Members

In my experience you need to be a person capable of having fun in order to recognize someone else merely generating a bit of lighthearted pleasure. 

I would say “have fun ignoring my ass while being obsessed with it along with furnishing both direct and oblique bumptious Tourette’s-grade commentary about my content”, but then I would be contradicting my perception of you. 

Ignoring you would mean forgoing the double benefit of a drugless, innocuous sleeping aid for rare bouts of insomnia while bypassing the gas-mask for as yet unneeded root canal work. 

What a pill. Go jump in the Lagoa ... If you dissolve, I’ll manage. 

(With apologies to the OP ...)

C641275B-781B-4A47-BFCF-B607F0FE9461.gif

Edited by Riobard
Splng

• Members
On 10/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, SolaceSoul said:

Yep, except see my following post. Instead of “right off Avenida Paulista”, it’s actually “right off Estação Paulista”. 

Pay no attention to the Googlers. 

Yeah so the intel was kinda good!

We still have to understand the opening date and if there will some days where Lagoa will be closed, or if the switch will be in "real time".

On 10/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, Riobard said:

A debt of gratitude and shout out to DuckDuckGo and candle-burning at the Library of Congress 

24BF8AEC-0F27-4A01-99A7-8F1FB159F53C.gif

Is not like all your internet searches and googling added anything useful......nice to know you have your own wheel of fortune about you, btw

or like some wise cunt posted on another thread:

"Luv luv luv being spoonfed internet-sourced information. Cutting and pasting is noble and necessary, even if its utilization is dictated according to the discretion of key Board influencers."

• Members

This photo of the new Thermas Lagoa location  (soon to be “Espaço Lagoa”) was just taken by a Brazilian friend of a friend, who is very familiar with the inner workings of the place.

It is exactly where I said it would be, on a small one-block side street, Rua Pedro Taques, right off the landmark Consolação cemetery, almost equidistant from the three nearby Metro stations {Estação Paulista, Consolação, Higienópolis- MacKenzie). It’s two buildings away from the corner of Rua Bela Cintra, near the end of the street. The other end of the street is the large Rua da Consolação, and the cemetery.

By comparison, here’s a street view capture from Google Maps, which also has the approximate street address.

“Cozy”, indeed.

E2994341-6005-4502-BF8D-FF40F546E097.jpeg

6414D5F4-64CC-4CA7-8B3A-D1B69BB980A3.png