Gotti

Lagoa tonight- Stairs are murder!

• Members

Yes, there is an exercise room, only smaller of course. The number of boys is hard to figure out with the new configuration of several floors. The quality was terrible if compared with the old Lagoa, but maybe is seasonal, yesterday I was at Point (Rio) and the quality was disappointing as well, despite the place beeing alive and kicking like I never seen before (I hadn't been there for nearly a year).

• Members
On 11/25/2019 at 12:03 PM, Tomcal said:

To put some perspective into starting up and running a sauna, i had figures from another sauna’s monthly costs. I adjusted the numbers to closer reflect what i think Lagoa’s are, but i tried to be conservative so the actual costs to operate Lagoa maybe 10-15% higher then the numbers i give but are a good approximation!  All costs shown are in Reias per Month!

Rent.               $16,000.

lights/elect.       4,000.

Salaries.             7,500.

Insurance.          2,500.

Police(payoff).     500.

Gas/phone.          300.

Kitchen sup.      1,000.

Shows.               3,200.

liquor/bar.          4,500

$46,700. total a month

if you take a entrance fee of $60.r you need 778 customers Per Month to break even and before you start earning your first dollar of profit!  

PS: i think Rudolfo’s cost maybe higher because i know that part of the $700,000.R+ it cost to remodel was in a loan from the bank and we all know how high interest is in Brazil!  Also they had a difficult time securing a loan because of the “type” of business they were going to be operating! they went to over a 1/2 dozen lenders before they found one that was willing to give them a loan!  Anyway just some food for thought!

Just out of curiosity, do you work in the financial industry? The way you present numbers looks like someone who works with numbers closely. 

6 hours ago, Anthonyvan said:

Just out of curiosity, do you work in the financial industry? The way you present numbers looks like someone who works with numbers closely. 

I did work for a wall street firm 2 years right out of college before getting into the medical field. but that was a longggg time ago!

• Members
2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I did work for a wall street firm 2 years right out of college before getting into the medical field. but that was a longggg time ago!

I can tell! But some stuff stays with you forever. lol. Just the way you presented those numbers, you must have some experience in the financial industry. 

Would be nice for a newbie like me to finally meet the big guy in the room . 

thanks but there are a number of guys who are well versed with as much or more experience then me on here!  i am back the end of Jan. to feb 10th in Rio and SP.

i am in Merida Mexico from the 3rd of Dec. until the 17th  If you are around let me know and we can meet up!

• Members
On 11/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, Tomcal said:

thanks but there are a number of guys who are well versed with as much or more experience then me on here!  i am back the end of Jan. to feb 10th in Rio and SP.

i am in Merida Mexico from the 3rd of Dec. until the 17th  If you are around let me know and we can meet up!

Thanks for the invitation. I will definitely try to make it to one of them. 

Just wonder what usually happens at tomcal's place. lol

• Members
On 11/29/2019 at 4:14 PM, Tomcal said:

Same timing as me! In Brazil.

Edited by sydneyboy1

• Members
On 11/28/2019 at 2:57 AM, PopeFrancis said:

It's not like me to be in the right place at the right time... but I was at Novo Lagoa on Saturday night!!!

The entrance takes you down a ramp to the basement.  There's an attempt to decorate using blown up colourful portraits of men.

The reception is smart and you're directed to a tiny blue and green locker-ed changing room to the side.  It is smaller than Fragata or BH's Olimpio.

Then up a flight of stairs to the main bar.  Again everything is smaller - the bar, a glass walled shower, the stage.  The seating area had 12 tables, each with 4 chairs around... and this filled the room.  Later on in the evening the tables were all pulled closer to the stage, to allow some sort of flow around the back of the bar.

At the opposite end of this room is a door to a wide stone spiral staircase... which either takes you up to 2 floors of rooms or down another ramp back to the basement.

On the two floors above there are a series of small interlinking rooms, each containing a tv... or a jacuzzi... or a smoking area.

There are less bedrooms and this resulted in a waiting time of about 15 minutes to get a room (perhaps not surprising on an opening weekend)

On the plus side:

- the bedrooms are (at least for now) clean and modern... I would even consider staying in some of the high end suites!

- the toilet cubicles are really well done - like something you'd find in a hotel - some had showers in

- everything seems new

- remember that annoying "trendy clothes shop" that used to inhabit the boys changing room?... well it's now in a separate little room off the spiral staircase... allowing everyone to just walk past and ignore it without it bothering them

On the negative side:

- the main thing that struck me was that Terrazzo stone spiral staircase and wondering who would be the first flip-flop person to trip and split their head open - an accident waiting to happen

- its all very clinical - the reception reminded me of a doctors reception, the upstairs rooms seem like waiting rooms

- everything is smaller... there's just not enough room to cruise about... not enough flow... on the Saturday there wasn't really enough room for more than 4 or 5 boys to stand by the door of the bar

- the bedrooms are all white and given the low ceilings throughout and the lighting option being either 4 recessed ceiling lights on or 4 recessed ceiling lights off - you have a choice of sex under a dazzling searchlight or sex in total darkness.

- not all bedrooms have air conditioning

But I imagine as time goes on... the rooms will (need to) develop some character... the boys will (have to) take over part of the bar to be seen... dimmer switches will be discovered

And someone will split their head open on the stairs.

@PopeFrancis doesn’t write often, but when he does, it is always great!