RockHardNYC

Kamala Harris is going down.

• Members

"While I still believe that Senator Harris is the strongest candidate to win in the General Election in 2020, I no longer have confidence in our campaign or its leadership."

SAY WHAT? (Scratching my head to the point of losing hairs…)

I don't understand these younger idiots, former Obama/Clinton acolytes. Please, someone please tell me, how do you praise Kamala Harris (your boss) in the subject of the sentence and then kick and trash her in the predicate? How does anyone define contradiction anymore? Absolute contradiction.

Kelly Mehlenbacher's resignation letter going public is unfortunate for Kamala Harris, but not as unfortunate as Harris' inability to recover from this. But on top of that, how can anyone throw respect at Ms. Mehlenbacher, who behaved so poorly and acted so unprofessional with this letter?

Well, guess what? Michael Bloomberg just hired Kelly Mehlenbacher to be his campaign's Chief Operating Officer. I am amazed. Either Bloomberg is desperate to hire mediocrity, or there aren't many experienced operatives out there who are available or want to be part of the Bloomberg campaign.

I am baffled.

Edited by RockHardNYC

The thread was about Kelly Mehlenbacher's resignation from the Harris' campaign which is what we were discussing. My post was dated well before Kamala Harris withdrew from the race.

Never mind that you don't resign from a race so assuming my comment was about Harris is a pretty strange reading of it.

Edited by caeron

• Members
1 hour ago, Badboy81 said:

Please explain what was tacky about her resignation

I'm happy to explain. Mehlenbacher's young-cunt resignation was TACKY for a number of reasons. Reason 1: You NEVER trash your former boss. (Mehlenbacher can never be trusted again.) Reason 2: You NEVER trash your former boss in public. Reason 3: You never air dirty laundry in public. Reason 4: You never disrespect privacy.

There was a time in this country when trashing a former boss would be professional suicide. There are businesses that still respect the golden rules of manners, however, manners are steadily dying in our culture, much to our detriment.

There is no question that Kamala Harris made mistakes. She's human. But Kamala Harris did not deserve the backstabbing that she received from a trusted senior employee, who Kamala paid generously.

I'm sure Kelly Mehlenbacher was furious. But, IMO, she vented her fury in a most selfish, self-serving manner. She should be ashamed, but many young people have no idea what that word means anymore.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members

For anyone who has doubts...

Kelly Mehlenbacher is always going to be remembered as the ex-Kamala Harris senior employee who brought down Kamala Harris' campaign for president. The insider word is the openly published resignation letter that appeared in the damning NY Times article is the straw that broke the camel's back.

There is no escaping this legacy that Kelly Mehlenbacher forced upon our culture. Kamala may rise to do greater things in her life, but this moment in our history will not be forgotten. It's going in the history books.

There are numerous people who are FURIOUS that Kamala suspended her campaign. A lot of those people are voters of color. Let's see if and when their fury dies down.