pauleiro

Carnaval in Rio !

• Members

Sampa appears lagging in the phenomena described in Rio. Lagoa “on fire” last night (Sat). I put tight panties on half the team of strippers ... could barely keep up. But I could def pre-barely keep up!  

Frei Caneca / Augusta / Peixoto Gomide just south of it teeming with partiers, streets packed with locals spilling out of clubs, almost as difficult to navigate as a bloco. You would never get an Über unless you shifted to a less saturated area. 

The only peculiar thing I noticed was hot dancers seeming to go gaga over what I have found to be ridiculous undie stuffers: single $1 greenbacks ... My R20-R50 denoms commanding less enthusiastic attention. Kkkkkkk

• Members
3 minutes ago, Riobard said:

The only peculiar thing I noticed was hot dancers seeming to go gaga over what I have found to be ridiculous undie stuffers: single $1 greenbacks ... My R20-R50 denoms commanding less enthusiastic attention. Kkkkkkk

Interesting....I have been tipping R$50 notes to strippers, they were all happy and I got the attention I wanted.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Walker said:

Interesting....I have been tipping R$50 notes to strippers, they were all happy and I got the attention I wanted.

Hahahaha ... I love your thinking. I am needier and they are working the crowd quickly. My aim may be more to throw shade on a number of guys with thin wallets channeling big-spender ‘tude. There’s making it rain and making it drizzle. Your approach calls for wellies. 

• Members

Another seemingly common thread is that if you want rent they refer to needing rent, with depositable accounts at your disposal. And they typically refer to supplements, perhaps for supplements. But man, the media photos suck. I am taken aback by the differential between gogo images and warm flesh. Not s one I would not kneel for on a prie/dieu. And IMHO incomparable to Rio and ‘antigo Lagoa’.

Edited by Riobard

• Members

New Meio Mundo

I always thought that this sauna had been closed but was informed by a garoto who went there 3 weeks ago that it is still open. 

Had I known that before, I would have gone on a Tuesday nite to see the live sex show ! (I am a bit fed up of drag queen shows and to see, whatever the club in Rio, always the same strippers).

The garoto told me that there were mostly boys from favela who were going there and who would go for 80 R$.

A very recent commentary from a Brazilian customer indicated :"very good atmosphere, educated boys, VIP treatment". Not sure that everyone would agree with that ...

20200315_071537.thumb.jpg.fee2b5eb0e8108e5a84f277e3f8fe73a.jpg

20200315_071611.thumb.jpg.272dfa897696c8d3b9d21e3256665998.jpg

20200315_071354.thumb.jpg.42d82c063d148d507c003b92e9426de1.jpg

20200315_071505.thumb.jpg.0a1986d871ed9ed8b730c0661e75952d.jpg

• Members

Lions sauna + Beco do Rato

Both are located almost in front of each other. Very different styles though.

Lions sauna is still alive and A. whom I met in 117 went dancing in the cage (there is a golden cage above the stage) last Friday. He told me that there were not so many people but it was lively.

20200315_072912.thumb.jpg.4b3794bca44459492209ab11761d03da.jpg

As indicated in the Lions address just above, Lions is located close to "Beco do Rato".

Beco do Rato is a very well known samba place  with very good atmosphere, great music. Worth a visit at night if you are fed up with boys.

20200315_074307.thumb.jpg.30bea384343552446839ec8568f9530b.jpg

20200315_074250.thumb.jpg.fc7132b8eef3223f2d48ed71876c4668.jpg

• Members

Oh yes! BdR is mesmerizing and you can see dancers from walk if too crowded to snag a spot inside. 

——-

I asssure you the guys you commandeered exceed the NMM sex show quality. If you wanted to amputate the freeloading queen presence lurking in your suite “studio” you coulda just had ‘em scrambling by tossing some fistfuls of dollar-store sparkly paste down the corridors outside your hot scene of action. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Riobard said:

Frei Caneca / Augusta / Peixoto Gomide just south of it teeming with partiers, streets packed with locals spilling out of clubs, almost as difficult to navigate as a bloco. You would never get an Über unless you shifted to a less saturated area. 

20200311_115405.jpg

• Members

March 15. 

Walking along the Copabana beach today, I saw what looked like a bloco de rua (even the car with the stage on top was the same as bloco sem saida where samba was excellent).

But it was the demonstration of people against Congress, again corruption and for current government : "dia do foda se" (fuck off day) - institutional dialog : fuck off.

20200315_150645.thumb.jpg.a3836a424293086b97ba5ae5e4f2d415.jpg

A plane in the sky alongside the beach was cayying a big poster : "Bikers and Bolsonaro are for Brazil". Multiple tee shirts, cap, etc, often  praising Bolsonaro.

20200315_143929.thumb.jpg.746c352b57411371c610247b322f1748.jpg

Many people with masks including many wearing a mask with the colors of brasilian flag showing signs :"even worse than the coronavirus, the extreme left virus, the corruption virus, the left papers virus, ...".

Many posters asking militar intervention "ja" (now) : we were sufficiently patient. A big poster "capitao aperte o botao" (captain, press the buton)

20200315_144056.thumb.jpg.47d0bc2d08e95b292256d58a0dbbe734.jpg

I prefer not to translate the speech coming from the car.

• Members

How is the virus situation in Brazil right now? From the posts, it seems still sorta OK but might change in a week or 2. I am comtemplating whether to cancel my coming trip (6 April - 1 May). Leaning toward cancelling and it's gonna cost me. 

PS: Is there 7 days isolation in effect? I only saw the article in the news but cannot find anything in official channel

Edited by buttercawan

• Members

A lot of what might develop beyond current 7-day recommended lay low at home in BRZ upon arrival from anywhere else hinges on your departure location and I do not mind read or have time to scan the Board here for your home base. NZ maybe?

I would say to soon expect entry restrictions from Europe, UK, Asia, and developing hotspots including 
USA. Brazil will not be iconoclastic on this issue and will follow, albeit lagging, cues from other nations battening down the hatches.

Why don’t you follow your nation’s current advisories? You also have to return there or be repatriated as a possible casualty. 

All you have to do is search travel restrictions and isolation martial law by country as they are updated daily on many sites. Take your pick. Why ask here? I say ... The opinions are very divergent and would not be very helpful overall as a whole. And the USA is not a model of leadership ... sorry!

But here is my 2 cents. I don’t care if it helps or not or coheres with other points of view: stay home or go home, ET. Also, travel medical insurance corps are restricting coverage for illness expenses occurred from Covid19 abroad, following info broadly disseminated about the risks. It is essentially like a pre-existing condition. I remain eligible due to arriving here earlier in the trajectory, but there is a time limit for date of emergency onset. I’ll be long gone before then. I am paying as much to get out within 10 days as it cost to get here and expense the visit.

If it’s in global remission in a week? So sue me.

Edited by Riobard

• Members
On 3/15/2020 at 5:35 AM, Tomcal said:

I just canceled my plans for the end of March and tentatively changing it to the first 12 days in May 

I have a booking for moreless the same dates in May. I will wait a little bit to see how the situation evolves but I do not think all this will be over in May. I think I will change my airline booking for November/December and book another ticket earlier as soon as the situation is almost normal. 

• Members
4 hours ago, restox said:

The best place for NYE

For crowd volume and party atmosphere, but did not live up to the hype, and pales relative to Carnival. 
   For visual pyrotechnics I’ll take the musically choreographed annual summer fireworks series at La Ronde in Montreal, hands down better. And the stripper bars New Years Eve into the wee hours. But I am conveniently a few minutes from both these features. 

• Members
On 3/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, pauleiro said:

I have a booking for moreless the same dates in May. I will wait a little bit to see how the situation evolves but I do not think all this will be over in May. I think I will change my airline booking for November/December and book another ticket earlier as soon as the situation is almost normal. 

I simply cancelled my May flights (and will get refund from the airline) but I did not book anything. It is hard to foresee what is going to happen. In all cases as soon as the situation becomes clearer, it is obvious that the planes will not be full and prices might not be that high. 

I am concerned by the places which may go bankrupt because of an  extended period without any income. I really wonder if Lions or Fragata will be open again some day, 

I have also a thought for all the boys who were working in the sauna and  generally speaking the sexworkers who do not have any income for weeks now and maybe for many more weeks. I wonder how they survive. 

Coronavirus situation in Brazil seems to be out of control in some places. There were pictures of the he burying of corpses in the city of Manaus (certainly a proof that nor higher temperature nor high humidity makes the virus disappear). Officially, Brazil declared as of today 3704 cases, which I do not believe at all. It is clear that this does not take into account the people dying in favellas. In Manaus, the official figure of total number of deaths is 172. In the past 3 days, there were 340 burials ! In many cases, the causes of deaths are mentionned as "unknown" and therefore not taken in to account in the official figures of deaths linked to virus. 

Political situation seems to be difficult for Bolsonaro with regular pot-banging protests from Brazilians urging "Bolsonaro out", the firing of the Health Minister, the resignation of the justice minister Sergio Moro, after clashing with Bolso over the sacking of the head of Brazil Federal police, the problems in the favelas, ... 

• Members

I did not get a refund for my canceled April flight. Instead, I have an open ticket for whenever I wanna (am able to) travel. Dreamingly, I am fantasizing with this July. Realistically, I am planning for July 2021.

Yes, it looks like the situation in Brazil is potentially devastating. I did send a gift to my two favorite boys, they needed it desperately. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

I did not get a refund for my canceled April flight. Instead, I have an open ticket for whenever I wanna (am able to) travel. Dreamingly, I am fantasizing with this July. Realistically, I am planning for July 2021.

Yes, it looks like the situation in Brazil is potentially devastating. I did send a gift to my two favorite boys, they needed it desperately. 

Can you ask them to do Zoom sessions?