12is12

Santo Domingo - urgent grindr question

Arrived yesterday.

Waiting for Manny to bring over 1st guy.

Had literaly 100 grindr propositions. Manny says they are dangerous, even in my own hotel room. Of course he has an ulterior motive.

Is that true? Any of the experienced has troubles with grindr hookups?

There are some who even answer me they don't want money.....

Your advice, please.

Will post a full report.

• Members

Think with your soft brain, not your hard cock. Please don’t invite a stranger to your hotel room UNLESS the hotel insists on registering him and checking his ID first.

Even if you are physically big and strong, a stranger can rob you at knifepoint once the two of you are alone inside your room. Or he can wait until you are in the bathroom to empty your wallet and your safe. (I know of such incidents happening in both Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo).

Edited by msclelovr

• Members

If it’s your first time going to the DR, you’re not a seasoned traveler to the DR, and you can easily be spotted by locals as a gringo tourist, I strongly advise you to stick on your first trip to a guide and do NOT bring unvetted strangers / trade / buggarones / anonymous online hookups back to your hotel room. Even the ones on Grindr and other hookup apps are saying that they just want a date, but those are the ones who consider themselves “middle class” or “educated” (relative to the DR), and are too proud to say that they want your money upfront. But what they will do is expect you to give them money after the deed or the date is done... for something like travel expenses, school, family medical emergency, fill in the blank for the excuse. (In my opinion, as someone who has gone there regularly for over 10 years, THOSE pretentious hustlers are the worst.)

Dont believe me? Just try to have a “date” with one of those nice guys you meet on Grindr or even at a gay bar in SD, then do the deed, and try to get him to leave WITHOUT exchanging what he thinks is a reasonable sum for his time. Even if he told you upfront that he’s not looking for money and he isn’t that type of “low class” guy (social class — or the perception and belief of it —  is a recurring, persistent  obsession in the DR). 

• Members

First: always listen to that little voice of reason. If you think a guy is a bit off, don’t proceed. Second: I always meet a Grindr date in public first. Access the situation.
Third: I always make a foto of the ID and mail it to myself. This way I can get the ID-foto from my online Gmail account, even when my phone is stolen. 

With all my (Grindr)adventures I only had one bad experience. In Cartagena, Colombia. And I blame myself because I let down my guard a bit. 
So calm down, don’t get to excited, think rationally, take logical safety precautions and hide your valuables.

Just don’t be naive and you’ll be fine. 

• Members

Manny is a good resource for your first trip I would say stick with him. I’m not a big fan of Grindr guys as they usually dont look like their pictures.  Now days I ask for an IG or Facebook to make sure they aren’t a catfish. Many fem bottoms on grindr are available for free!  I have had plenty of free sex with them in DR that did not lead to them asking for money but not with straight or masculine guys. Many times I end up paying a top to fuck a free bottom with me.  I actually have one bottom who looks forward to my visits just cause he knows he will get a good fuck lol.  But if that’s not what you are into then you will have to pay up! 

• Members

Instagram might become the new Grindr. And I agree with @Kevie770 that Grindr shows quite some fake photo's. That is another reason I meet up in public first; I'm in holiday mode anyway...got time. And I think Instagram is a slightly 'safer' recourse than Grindr. It is not so anonymous which results in safer dates. Let's face it: our 'hobby' obviously has a high AYOR level right?