Latbear4blk

Against USA state terrorism

2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Today we were celebrating the birthday of one of my best friends, a colleague who lives in Maryland. Because of the pandemic protocols, we chose a park in Largo, one of many DC suburbs.  When we chose the park, we did not know that local high school students organizations were having a rally at 2:30 before marching to the local city town. We enjoyed ourselves from 11 up to 2, when the people started to arrive.

I am not good to make estimations on crowds sized, but this was at least 1K, probably twice that number or more. In a suburban area. You can see the diversity in the video. I wish you would have heard the speeches given by the kids. They made me cry. Oh, their passion and determination! The clip documents the beginning of the rally. People kept arriving in good numbers as the speakers delivered their speeches before marching.

I have been frustrated so many times during my almost 6 decades of living. I would participate or witness popular uprisings, I would feel full of hope, and then nothing would happen, and I would slowly become more and more cynic. This time, again, I am filled with hope. I cross my fingers.

Think today’s kids will save us.

• Members
11 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Think today’s kids will save us.

Actually, I think it is too late for us. We are fucked up beyond hope. Look how we behave in this and the other forum. We are old sad bitches hating each other. I try to do better, but I keep failing.

They are saving themselves, despite and/or against us.

• Members
23 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Actually, I think it is too late for us. We are fucked up beyond hope. Look how we behave in this and the other forum. We are old sad bitches hating each other. I try to do better, but I keep failing.

They are saving themselves, despite and/or against us.

Latbear4blk, don't be too hard on yourself. You made the effort, you engaged the discussion. What I think is different this time is the very thing you brought up early on- white privilege. I think many white people are finally seeing for the first time what a role that privilege plays in keeping things from improving. Just today I got an email challenging me, and others, to determine what practical steps we can take to make sure real change happens now. Partly because of disgust with Trump, people see things in the US as at a critical stage. Act now. Maybe it will be the children like you saw rally today that lead us, but  there will be leadership, and, I think, real change.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Latbear4blk, don't be too hard on yourself. You made the effort, you engaged the discussion. What I think is different this time is the very thing you brought up early on- white privilege. I think many white people are finally seeing for the first time what a role that privilege plays in keeping things from improving. Just today I got an email challenging me, and others, to determine what practical steps we can take to make sure real change happens now. Partly because of disgust with Trump, people see things in the US as at a critical stage. Act now. Maybe it will be the children like you saw rally today that lead us, but  there will be leadership, and, I think, real change.

Lucky, when I say that I try and fail, I do not mean that I am the good guy fighting the evil. I meant that I am also fucked up, blinded by resentments and all kind of prejudices against people. THAT is where I think we are beyond salvation. 

20 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Lucky, when I say that I try and fail, I do not mean that I am the good guy fighting the evil. I meant that I am also fucked up, blinded by resentments and all kind of prejudices against people. THAT is where I think we are beyond salvation. 

Generational change has saved societies again and again. I smell it now again. Just wait a little bit. These under-30-year olds —  under 25, actually — who may seem asleep at the switch I think are about to erupt.

Not that they have not done already. 200,000 of them marching to say, ’Please stop shooting us in our classrooms.’

The 2020 election cycle will tell.

• Members

No one knows for sure where things are going, but knowing your own fears and bias helps you see better. As the protests sometimes spilled into burning and looting a few days ago and police forces seemed to back off or blunder, a lot of smart, experienced, politically savvy folks began to wonder whether we might see a replay of 1968 when Republican President Nixon's racist law and order campaign helped him become President. Many of the same folks watched Trump threaten to impose marshal law and wondered as well whether a massive, dictatorial repression was imminent. I went to bed feeling pessimistic.

But the young people who are clearly leading this uprising did not grow up in the shadow of Nixon or fascism or Reagan. And when Trump threatened to have Army soldiers shoot them down, they decided to call his bluff, militantly, but for the most part non-violently.  Stay tuned.

• Members

"EVERYONE CAN DO SOMETHING NO ONE ELSE CAN DO"

I do not know if it belongs to her or she was quoting someone else, but I love that phrase. I heard it for the first time earlier today, from one of the speakers in Pelosi's introduction of their police reform law proposal.

I guess the phrase belongs originally to pep talks to careers seekers, although I may be wrong. In the context of the current fight against Racism, it sounds like a powerful call to action to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=3547092

• Members
15 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

Bolton is not voting for Biden, so what endorsement?

Last night the news was all Bolton will vote for Biden and today it's qualified by his spokewoman that he will vote for neither Biden or Trump. 

I understand his problem as a genocidal fascist his difficulty in choosing between the two. 

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

Last night the news was all Bolton will vote for Biden and today it's qualified by his spokewoman that he will vote for neither Biden or Trump. 

I understand his problem as a genocidal fascist his difficulty in choosing between the two. 

I searched for a definite statement by Bolton yesterday concerning voting for Biden. There wasn't one. 

• Members
37 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Biden is not revolutionary, but he is finitely not a fascist. 

Neither is Barack Obama. BO was relatively new to Politics in 2008, but he wouldn't  have chosen a fascist as vice president.

• Members
1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

Neither is Barack Obama. BO was relatively new to Politics in 2008, but he wouldn't  have chosen a fascist as vice president.

Obama had no problem burning alive 100,000 in Yemen or starving and killing by withholding medicine another 85,000. Trump is also a pig because he continues to support that policy but at least he stopped the bombing in Syria. At least Hitler gassed people before he burned them. Biden supported that and was even more enthusiastic about burning 1 million in Iraq than Bush or Clinton was. It's total hypocrisy to  say "Black Lives Matter" in the US but exterminating them by the millions in the middle east is an OK thing. You are aware that the  common term for middle easterners in the US military and Israeli military is "Sand Ni**ers". Exterminating them by the millions is not a "good" thing like wiping out locusts. Sorry if that shocks you but they are humans with lives and the same rights as the rest of us humans. Support the fascist murderer of your choice. You have no problem as long as it's your favored person doing it. It's just a game for fools with a charade of democracy anyway. 

Bolton is a fascist pig.

Trump is a fascist pig.

Obama is a fascist pig.

Clinton is a fascist pig.

Biden is a fascist pig.

Harris is a fascist pig.

Too bad Bolton's not a black woman so the Dems could chose Bolton as VP. He really loves killing dark people by the millions.

• Members

Please document your accusations.

And not from far left or far right sources.

I served in the United States military overseas in 1968 and 1969. And you, @tassojunior

And I been in Sarajevo and Mostar, Bosnia, where President Clinton and Holbrooke began the  brokered  Dayton Accords

Edited by Buddy2

• Members
3 hours ago, tassojunior said:

Obama had no problem burning alive 100,000 in Yemen or starving and killing by withholding medicine another 85,000. Trump is also a pig because he continues to support that policy but at least he stopped the bombing in Syria. At least Hitler gassed people before he burned them. Biden supported that and was even more enthusiastic about burning 1 million in Iraq than Bush or Clinton was. It's total hypocrisy to  say "Black Lives Matter" in the US but exterminating them by the millions in the middle east is an OK thing. You are aware that the  common term for middle easterners in the US military and Israeli military is "Sand Ni**ers". Exterminating them by the millions is not a "good" thing like wiping out locusts. Sorry if that shocks you but they are humans with lives and the same rights as the rest of us humans. Support the fascist murderer of your choice. You have no problem as long as it's your favored person doing it. It's just a game for fools with a charade of democracy anyway. 

Bolton is a fascist pig.

Trump is a fascist pig.

Obama is a fascist pig.

Clinton is a fascist pig.

Biden is a fascist pig.

Harris is a fascist pig.

Too bad Bolton's not a black woman so the Dems could chose Bolton as VP. He really loves killing dark people by the millions.

C'mon. Everyone is a fascist. You are emptying the word out of all political meaning and turning it into a generic insult.