mixer17

Updated Best days to go for Rio/ Sao Paolo?

On 5/19/2021 at 3:06 AM, mixer17 said:

Does anyone have that little grid of where to go on which days (in terms of Saunas) and does it still apply? Thanks in advance.  

anyone going to be in rio this june?

Definitely NOT NYE and NOT Carnival. Brazil becomes VERY crowded and expensive.

I guess all the days others posted in the forums still apply… For Rio, Tuesday being the best day on 117 and Wednesday being the best day on Point 202. Monday only Point is open and Sunday only 117 is open (as well on Tuesday). Others days is hit or miss I guess.

On Lagoa, Monday is a somewhat good day other than Friday/Saturday. 

Keep in mind that business haven’t gone back to good old days in any venue, but you will find a good number of working guys. 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:15 AM, floridarob said:

I was at Lagoa Fri and Sat and it was as busy as before Covid.....

Unfortunately that has not been my impression. Was at 117 last week and definitely it isn’t what I remember from 2019 and earlier. But nonetheless I had great time and even met a competitive and handsome men’s physique bodybuilder (among others).  About lagoa, was there the week before and had the same feeling, but maybe I’m mixing memories with the old lagoa building. 

• Members

I've heard mixed things about the weekends in Rio, like the saunas could be more dead than Mon-Wed. But I've been to the old Lagoa on Mondays, which were pretty dead too, and always found at least one (which is enough to save a visit) or two (a good visit). Sometimes, it's good to be forced to focus. On the Lagoa Wednesdays and Saturdays of yore, I sometimes felt like the proverbial lion who had too many wildebeests to chase and ended up hungry.

my opinion is it’s  a good night if you find someone you like! I have been to saunas with 10 working guys and found 2 i like and been to saunas with 35 guys and didn’t find anyone i really wanted! BUT..if you have zero naked guys in your room then a sauna on a bad night is better then your hotel room! 

Mondays and Wednesdays are the best nights at pointe202,  Tuesdays, fridays at 117, the rest of the nights are hit or miss but again better then a empty hotel room!  

• Members
On 6/15/2021 at 2:18 PM, Docbr01 said:

Unfortunately that has not been my impression. Was at 117 last week and definitely it isn’t what I remember from 2019 and earlier. But nonetheless I had great time and even met a competitive and handsome men’s physique bodybuilder (among others).  About lagoa, was there the week before and had the same feeling, but maybe I’m mixing memories with the old lagoa building. 

One thing I have learnt from the Brazilian saunas. It only takes one to make an evening!