floridarob

Fragata Closed

Sad to see it go, always liked the old fragata, even with its subpar facilities. The new place (I went twice) was too hardcore to me … only one suite and no bedsheets in any of the other cabines. Besides that the number of guys where low both days I went.

I think the challenges of the sauna scene are too great in Brazil now - the internet competition, pandemics and juridical insecurity for owners - nothing helps . 

• Members

So sad to hear this.  Whilst I never made it to the new Fragata, I did visit the old Fragata many times...particularly when I lived in Sao Paulo from 2005-2007.  It was always somewhat inferior to Lagoa but was a more friendly place.  Also it was relatively close to where I lived so I could walk from my apartment  to the sauna in 25 minutes.  RIP Fragata.

14 hours ago, BryBro said:

This location will be re-opening as Clube 555. The opening night will be this coming Saturday.

I hope they do a better job...the location for public transportation makes it a little more difficult to get to for the guys. I had guys asking for a ride whenever I left because the knew I stay in Republica....

I heard last week when i was in SP that a new owner is taking over which is why it closed and reopening after some cosmetic changes are made.  i heard this from 2 sauna guys so not sure how accurate it is, but will know in a week! the old fragata/new 555 is a nice space i hope it makes it!