Comparison of Quarantine Hotel Experiences

Posting quarantine hotel experiences in one place might be helpful for other travelers.

Hotel: Centre Point Pratumnak
Plane landed 12:15
Test result 8:15am next day (20 hours)
Transport not shared, confirmed by e-mail in advance, no extra charge.
Food: Good (Vegetarian food available)

Cost: 5100 approx (Late Nov 2021)

Booked via Agoda, with good cancellation rights

I do think another consideration should be about the extremely low probability of potentially having to quarantine for longer than 24 hours in the hotel, based on current rules.  I hadn't considered this when I booked, which in the end turned out to be fine, but will say that I wouldn't want to have been confined there for any longer than few hours I spent there.  Next trip I'll be carefully considering whether I'd be happy to be confined in the hotel of choice if I struck unlucky and had to quarantine for 5/7/10/14 days or whatever the rules say.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:45 PM, Midguy1 said:

Next trip I'll be carefully considering whether I'd be happy to be confined in the hotel of choice if I struck unlucky and had to quarantine for 5/7/10/14 days or whatever the rules say.

I thought if you tested positive as an international arrival you were carted off to hospital for quarantine, even if asymptomatic, not allowed to stay in your hotel? 

• Members
11 hours ago, Nathan_B said:

I thought if you tested positive as an international arrival you were carted off to hospital for quarantine, even if asymptomatic, not allowed to stay in your hotel? 

That's my understanding as well.  I don't think the amenities in a hotel room will be a concern if you test positive.  The Test & Go partner hospital will be anxious to extract as many baht as possible from the insurance policy you were required to purchase to enter the Kingdom.

17 hours ago, Nathan_B said:

Yes I think that is correct, a positive test would mean a hospital stay.

28 minutes ago, Midguy1 said:

a positive test would mean a hospital stay.

That's what we sign up to when applying be for the Thai Pass.  Hence I took considerable care to avoid infection before the trip and wore 3M FFP3 masks on the trip.   Also I kept my air vent on.

Even though we sign up to rules that say we are released if we pass the test, there have been reports from Richard Barrow and others saying that we can be forced to quarantine if sat near someone on the plane who fails a test.  Hence I booked a window seat at the rear of the plane to improve the odds.

However, I've not heard much about people getting caught by this.  Also, if some people get their results in 5 hours and others are next day, I don't quite see how that would work. 

1 hour ago, z909 said:

However, I've not heard much about people getting caught by this.  Also, if some people get their results in 5 hours and others are next day, I don't quite see how that would work. 

It, s one of those zillion covid rules introduced wotldwide but not followed up 

On 12/18/2021 at 11:32 AM, vinapu said:

That,s penalty for not staying in Silom area. Don,t look for compassion here😁

Oh, bite me!  

On 2/14/2022 at 10:31 AM, vinapu said:

you are not alone

apparently, there are some changes as how things are being done at Center Point Silom now. 

On my December 2021 trip, i was swabbed immediately once the check in was done despite my pretty late arrival. it was around 12:30 - 1 am. everything was ready in anticipation (including check in paper, documents for my PCR test etc.) The airport pick up was with a benz and the driver in white gloves. 
The result came on the next day around 2:00 pm if i remember correctly. That package included 3 meals (though I ended up checking out once I got the result). 

This time, the airport pick up was by a very tired van with some serious injuries on its seats. i arrived at the hotel around 7:30 am, check in was a breeze, but i was told that i was going to be swabbed at 11:00 am (that would have been more than 3 hours after my check in). When I inquired, they said they had a fast track option for 2500 bhat. I am glad I chose it. the result came back within two hours. The package came with only one meal. 

nothing to complain about, but just some comparisons.

E79F1100-60B0-4FA8-9DF3-3866BDED3C9B.jpeg

3B1AACB1-FF4E-481F-B95C-636661A8722D.jpeg

1 hour ago, 18past19 said:

This time, the airport pick up was by a very tired van with some serious injuries on its seats. i arrived at the hotel around 7:30 am, check in was a breeze, but i was told that i was going to be swabbed at 11:00 am (that would have been more than 3 hours after my check in). When I inquired, they said they had a fast track option for 2500 bhat. I am glad I chose it. the result came back within two hours. The package came with only one meal. 

nothing to complain about, but just some comparisons.

When I booked in Centre Point Pratunam, the package also included 3 meals and the test was on arrival. Result by approx 8:00 am next day. 

As you state, I see they are now offering just Breakfast in the package.   

With standard test timing, that's totally unsatisfactory if you happen to arrive in the hotel at lunchtime.  What are you supposed to eat for lunch & dinner ?

If I were booking now, I'd either insist on booking one of the hotels that is offering 3 meals (many on Agoda) OR I'd make sure they have a suitable fast track package.  

2500 to be released within 2 hours seems like good value, but this does depend on what time of day that is.  

Getting an early result at (say) 24:00 doesn't add much value for me.  

13 hours ago, 18past19 said:

apparently, there are some changes as how things are being done at Center Point Silom now. 

i arrived at the hotel around 7:30 am, check in was a breeze, but i was told that i was going to be swabbed at 11:00 am (that would have been more than 3 hours after my check in).

but that was my experience in December, arrival at 7 , swab around 11, result 9.55 PM, no complains either , specially that my trip was quite long, /25 days /