Olddaddy

Have you ever experienced homophobia?

Just talking to my Filipino boyfriend today and we plan to meet late this month after my visit to Thailand.

He was talking about homophobia in the Phillipines etc and it made me remember the time in Pattaya where I came across  "homophobic guys in a restaurant in the soi bukhao area ,two  men and a lady farang all drunk of course decided to move away from our table citing description profanities , I didn't even get into a conversation with them,but peculiarly they chose the table right next to ours despite their being umpteen tables to choose from,it didn't concern me as the Thai boy I was with didn't understand a word they said ,he was completely oblivious to it 😆

That was like 2009? 2008

So times have changed 

Have you ever experienced this ?

As far as i remember it was once only in 20 years of coming to Thailand 

I have never been to the Phillipines and don't plan on holding hands or anything as I said to my Filipino friend.

I think times are changing and young people nowadays are much much more tolerant and educated about gay people .

Schools are teaching about transgender & gay partners etc and I think it's great , I think the only times you need to be wary of is straight guys our age who are not brought up to accept gay people.

The younger farang are much more accepting and with tiktok etc there is much more awareness , but people our age 50ish ..60ish etc are still held back in time 

And I think another thing too, if your a older man with a younger partner I think people still think that is strange, particularly if your partner is say 30 years younger than you .

I was reading the comment section of a tiktok video a older gay man in his  late 50's with a Filipino boy in his 20's , unfortunately some of the comment especially from middle-aged females were horrendous describing the Farang guy as you know what that starts with P.