Gaybutton

Rescued cave "Wild Boars" boy dies in accident at 17

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

I don't blame Thailand; it didn't give him cancer. His insurance was from the US; that is what failed him when he needed it most. His last weeks of life were unbearably sad and painful.

So very sad. But again, it was surely was your friend's responsibility - although that is never easy to admit. I do not know the limits of his medical insurance but surely one of the essential aspects of any insurance policy is that you insure yourself for lengthy treatment of some grim illnesses. Your friend's policy may have reached its limits in Thailand. Surely it would have done so much earlier had he been seeking treatment in many European countries.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:41 PM, gerefan said:

Yes 8 months to say just a few words.

Unfortunately typical of any public service in the UK nowadays. Just look at National Health Service waiting lists, police response priorities, postal services. Took a letter 10 days to reach me today.

Alas, UK is a third world place now. 

Incidentally, there was a tragic case of a headmistress who committed suicide in relation to an Ofsted report on her school. This was in January. The I quest opened yesterday, 10 months after the event.