reader

No alcohol today (June 3)

As result all our bars were closed. I did grand tour of Silom last night just curious how it will work. All boy and almost all girl bars were closed , no boys detected loitering nearby with exception of two Tawan ones. Even them seemed just to get there , not solicit any business.

Soi 4 deserted , only G Bangkok was open and Adam s massage

From Thai PBS World

The history of Thailand’s holy-day alcohol ban – and why it could soon be lifted

The Move Forward Party has offered a trickle of hope to drinkers who have long agonized over the alcohol ban imposed during religious holidays. The ban will be banished if it forms the new government, the party has promised.

“Scrapping the prohibition is one of our policies,” affirmed Amarat Chokepamitkul, who was elected as a party-list MP for Move Forward when it scored a shock win in the May 14 national poll.

She highlighted the policy after the ban was enforced for Visakha Bucha Day last Saturday, when Thailand’s normally buzzing nightlife fell silent, along with countless cash registers around the country.

Thai authorities prohibit the distribution of alcoholic drinks on five religious holidays, including Visakha Bucha, which marks the birth, death and enlightenment of Lord Buddha. Abstaining from intoxicants such as alcohol is one of the Five Precepts that all Buddhists are encouraged to follow.

However, while most Thais are Buddhists, the country is also home to other faiths, and to people who profess no faith at all. Meanwhile, not all Buddhists willingly agree to abstain from alcohol on their holy days.

Taopiphop Limjittrakorn, who was elected as a Bangkok MP under the Move Forward banner, says the government should function as a secular state rather than imposing the ideals of one religion on all people in Thailand.

“Don’t forget that we are a multicultural country,” he emphasizes.

In his view, the ban also violates people’s freedom of faith and of occupation, both of which are enshrined in the Constitution.

I personally find I drink more on non-alcohol days. There are always many private parties and events with expats. 
Last Saturday also saw the largest crows of boys I have ever seen at Jomtien beach. It went as far as the eye could see. All drinking, all having a good time till dawn (or later in some cases).

I do find it amusing when idiot governments have their own policies backfire. Proves to us all how incompetent they are. (and that's aimed more at Western governments than Thailand) 

45 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

Last Saturday also saw the largest crows of boys I have ever seen

Nice, I have a new one to add to this list:

• Ants: a colony or an army.
  • Chickens: a brood or peep; Chicks: a clutch or chattering.
  • Dolphins: a pod.
  • Foxes: a skulk or leash.
  • Hippopotami: a bloat or thunder.
  • Manatees: an aggregation.
  • Parrots: a pandemonium or company.
  • Rhinoceroses: a crash.
45 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

I do find it amusing when idiot governments have their own policies backfire. Proves to us all how incompetent they are. (and that's aimed more at Western governments than Thailand) 

Yeah, Thailand has it so "together" 🙄

50 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Nice, I have a new one to add to this list:

• Ants: a colony or an army.
  • Chickens: a brood or peep; Chicks: a clutch or chattering.
  • Dolphins: a pod.
  • Foxes: a skulk or leash.
  • Hippopotami: a bloat or thunder.
  • Manatees: an aggregation.
  • Parrots: a pandemonium or company.
  • Rhinoceroses: a crash.

Yeah, Thailand has it so "together" 🙄

Go get a booster shot. Your clearly running out of wokeness.