Shonen

How is Jomtien Complex during low season?

I think my hearing is going. I’ve decided this trip to avoid the drag shows at all cost.

I went to bingo at @Home bar Wednesday night and I understood the Cambodian man announcing the numbers, helps that I know Thai, but the falang directing the event I couldn’t understand.

Think I might have won something but I just got up and left, heading over to 69 bar for some pool. Their pool tournament starts November 11, Saturday if anyone is interested.

8 hours ago, Marc K said:

I've never figured out why bars continue to blast their music, to a level which make conversation with one's friends or betrothed nearly impossible. Painful to listen to, and dangerous to one's hearing. This music is supposed to ENTICE people into their bar? I would imagine that, on balance, it does just the opposite.

It's mostly an idiotic battle.

One bar puts their music too loud, which makes it heard from the next bar. So that bar turns the volume of their music up to counter it. This goes on until they've scared away all their customers and close down.

Something similar happened in Gran Canaria years ago. A popular bar opened next to an established drag show bar. Over the next couple of years, they battled each other, trying to drown out the music of the other. Eventually it seems they came to an agreement; and when the drag show was on, the other bar would turn down their music. In return, the drag bar wouldn't play music the rest of the time. Result for customers of both bars.

12 hours ago, Marc K said:

I've never figured out why bars continue to blast their music,

it must be mostly Asian thing. Take Indian bus, Chinese train or go to Thai bar and you will have deafening " music". They must like it and our choice is to bear with grin or leave. Earplugs may help too .  Asking to tone it down if results in anything it will be cranking it up , if at all possible