reader

Applying for Vietnam e-visa from Aug. 15

I applied for a 30-day visa on line and it was approved in six days. The fee was USD 25 and you can choose single or multiple entry.

The process is relatively simple. Normally only documents you need to submit is a passport photo and a copy of your passport's data page. The rest is q & a.

Be careful to provide accurate points of entry and departure from the drop-down menu. I've read that if you arrive or depart from different location it may slow up your entry or departure.

https://immigration.gov.vn/

On 8/16/2023 at 4:18 AM, reader said:

From VN Express

Vietnam is granting 90-day e-visas for all countries and territories from Aug. 15 and here are some information you should take notes for smooth application.

Non-nationals can access the e-visa web portal of the Vietnam Immigration Department at https://www.immigration.gov.vn or the National Public Service Portal of the Ministry of Public Security at https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/ to apply.

All information regarding the trip, including intended date of entry and length of stay in Vietnam, intended port of entry and departure, and intended temporary residential address in Vietnam must be given.

In the e-visa request information category, foreigners select single-entry visa or multiple-entry based on the purpose of their trip.

The form requires information from the passport data page, and images of the page and passport photo must be uploaded.

Thank you for sharing this. The process was simple. I got a multiple entry visa for $50. Applied on a Friday and my visa was approved the following Wednesday. I did freak out a little because I couldn't remember my registration number or whatever it was they gave me after I completed the application. But then I found a photo of it on my phone and also an email they sent me that I put in my "travel" folder. LOL - is it old age or smoking too much pot? Anyway, the process was easy. Seems like you used to have to go to a consulate for a multiple-entry visa, but I'm glad I was able to do it all online.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:55 AM, reader said:

Be careful to provide accurate points of entry and departure from the drop-down menu. I've read that if you arrive or depart from different location it may slow up your entry or departure.

https://immigration.gov.vn/

My visa didn't state any points of entry/departure. I wonder if this still matters. They do ask on the application, but it is not on the visa. Several people on a FB group I'm following are asking about this.

1 hour ago, joizy said:

My visa didn't state any points of entry/departure. I wonder if this still matters. They do ask on the application, but it is not on the visa. Several people on a FB group I'm following are asking about this.

Neither did mine. I believe that information is for immigration's internal records.

Heads up if you do apply for an e-visa - apply well in advance and check all of the information on your visa. I went to the airport this morning for my flight and they would not let me board because the expiration date for my passport that was printed on the visa did not match what was on my passport. I believe it was a mistake on their end, but I didn't check it when I got the visa. I looked at my name and passport number, and just assumed everything else was correct. Well, don't assume. Apparently, this has happened to others. I had to rebook my flight, go to the Vietnamese Consulate and get a letter (they cannot correct an e-visa) and will go back to the airport again tomorrow to try again. At this point, I don't even want to go to Vietnam, but I've paid so much for Airbnbs, flights, etc, I will try to have a good time - if I make it. Super frustrated. Trying to get help is impossible. My passport expires on 8/26/33 and they wrote 8/8/33 - what difference does it make? I checked the application and it's a drop down menu, so there is no way I entered it incorrectly.