PeterRS

New Thai Elite Visa Programme DOES target retirees BUT . . .

in meantime we proletarians are crowded  in the cattle class in the back  are still fed something , usually edible,  oblivious to the deprivations suffered but those rich and (usually) overweight at front or upper deck but consoled by the fact we all arrive more or less at the same time and all in one piece.

On 9/10/2023 at 7:07 AM, 10tazione said:

I think people seldom eat on planes because they are hungry but because they are bored and it is a welcome change.

while you are right which easily can be proven by watching how many people order food on those flights without free meals ,  don't forget about those with long connections or long commutes to the airport who find food in airports both expensive and barely edible so yes , sometimes I ate because I was hungry indeed.

And generally we humans like to utilize whatever is given to us for free.

Long ago - and I mean at least 25 years - Northwest served both Dom Perignon and Krug in trans-Pacific business class (they had abandoned first). Cathay also used to serve several excellent chateau-bottled Cabernet Sauvignons. I especially liked Chateau Lynch Bages. Eventually they realised they were spending too much on biz class wines and that one was moved up only for first class passengers.

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

Long ago - and I mean at least 25 years - Northwest served both Dom Perignon and Krug in trans-Pacific business class (they had abandoned first). Cathay also used to serve several excellent chateau-bottled Cabernet Sauvignons. I especially liked Chateau Lynch Bages. Eventually they realised they were spending too much on biz class wines and that one was moved up only for first class passengers.

BA used to serve an Austrian eiswein in First on their flights to Qatar. I also remember the good old days, pre business class when First class cutlery was silver. Strangely, I still have some. Fillet steak being carved at your seat, fantastic grilled jumbo prawns on Varig (RiP). Free helicopter transfer JFK to centre of the city. Memories.....

10 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Free helicopter transfer JFK to centre of the city. Memories.....

In the early-mid 1980s both Northwest and PanAm provided biz class trans-Pacific passengers with free helicopter trips to/from the mid-town Manhattan terminal. They saved so much time. I think they stopped when United took over PanAm's Pacific routes. 

• Members

I fondly recall I was a go go boy

11 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

BA used to serve an Austrian eiswein in First on their flights to Qatar. I also remember the good old days, pre business class when First class cutlery was silver. Strangely, I still have some. Fillet steak being carved at your seat, fantastic grilled jumbo prawns on Varig (RiP). Free helicopter transfer JFK to centre of the city. Memories.....

You stole them.

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

In the early-mid 1980s both Northwest and PanAm provided biz class trans-Pacific passengers with free helicopter trips to/from the mid-town Manhattan terminal. They saved so much time. I think they stopped when United took over PanAm's Pacific routes. 

I hesitate to say it, but so did BA if you were on Concorde!