Keithambrose

Travel to Thailand

Further to earlier discussions about air fares, this is for those of you who like to travel business class, ie me! Finnai, in March, are currently offering a return fare LON/HEL/BKK for £2,180. Non refundable, and restricted to cabin baggage, but you can choose your seat. There may be similar fares for other times, but I wanted early  March.  Seemed to be quite a few seats. Normally Finnair are touching £4,000.

• Members
24 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

It's always interesting to see how things go up and down quickly. I was poking around looking at December and saw some options for flights in and out of Toronto to BKK around US$3600 in business. But now they're back up closer to $5K

Transpacific flights in business class are usually >$4000 these days, so if you see anything <$4000, you should just grab it.

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Further to earlier discussions about air fares, this is for those of you who like to travel business class, ie me! Finnai, in March, are currently offering a return fare LON/HEL/BKK for £2,180. Non refundable, and restricted to cabin baggage, 

No way! 

Apart from the hassle of changing in Helsinki the fare is non refundable and you cannot take luggage without paying extra. I have had to change flights and cancel them at short notice in the past and both Eva Air and Emirates are very good at refunds. Additionally, I always take hold luggage. Who doesn’t?! Eva is also direct from LHR. - BKK.

This week I have just bought a return Biz ticket with Eva departing London early December and returning in March. A little over £3000. Refundable, direct flight, and with 30 kgs of luggage.

You have to be able to juggle the dates for the best deal though. 

2 hours ago, fedssocr said:

It's always interesting to see how things go up and down quickly. 

They do and it's why we need to comb offers and check fares often. I'm  actually hunting for fares somewhere else ( Bangkok too , always do ) and noticed that sometimes even day or two difference in departure / return produces  substantial  savings.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, vinapu said:

They do and it's why we need to comb offers and check fares often. I'm  actually hunting for fares somewhere else ( Bangkok too , always do ) and noticed that sometimes even day or two difference in departure / return produces  substantial  savings.

Yes, I like to use the Google flights calendar for this purpose 

On 9/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, vinapu said:

sometimes even day or two difference in departure / return produces  substantial  savings.

On a glance at their calendars, most airlines noticeably drop their fares after first week of January next year - at least from my hometown on east coast US to BKK (either through europe and middle east or through north pole and north east).