t0oL1

Medicare for Americans Traveling/Living Overseas

Ok, I got through the first 7 minutes before shutting it off.  He's not an "expat" whose residence is in Thailand, he's a tourist.  It's no secret that for certain durations outside the USA many or most health insurance companies reimburse for emergencies.  He's not talking about non-emergency care for which he could have purchased, legitimately, health care insurance.  He gives off a tone of entitlement, he's going to beat the system.  And he just might get caught one day.  If this is the type of advice he offers on other videos, count me out as a viewer.  

I’ve posted before about successfully using my US insurance to get reimbursed for emergency room visit to Bangkok Christian Hospital in 2022. Nothing illegal about it. It’s a benefit of the policy.

He makes it very clear towards end of video that it only covers emergencies and not a substitute for standard health insurance.

19 hours ago, reader said:

I’ve posted before about successfully using my US insurance to get reimbursed for emergency room visit to Bangkok Christian Hospital in 2022. Nothing illegal about it. It’s a benefit of the policy.

He makes it very clear towards end of video that it only covers emergencies and not a substitute for standard health insurance.

He also makes it very clear that he hadn't ever read his Kaiser Senior Advantage policy carefully. He seems to think he's the first one who discovered the worldwide emergency benefits. 

And he doesn't know how to pronounce "Chiang Mai" even though Joy, his Thail "girlfriend", assuredly pronounces it correctly. 😉