TMax

Thai airways returns

Well some news for West Australians at least, Thai airways has announced they are returning direct flights to Perth on March 31st and it looks like daily flights. All bodes well for a mid year return to the land of smiles, hot bodies and stiff dicks for me :p:yahoo:

The link below says the 27th but Thai quoted 31st on Facebook 

Thai airways returns to WA

25 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I flew with them from Tokyo yesterday and must say that meal they served was probably best airplane  meal I ever get. 

I've always enjoyed the food on Thai and looking forward to it again 

I just checked Thai Airways prices for a trip in April.

Business class return was $3728, but that means catching the direct flight back to Perth at 07:00, which means getting to the airport by 0500.

The next return trip offered was via Melbourne (!!), taking 17 hours and costing a ridiculous $8,215. That's around $3000 more than I paid for my recent trip to Japan on Cathay Pacific.

Unfortunately, I got what felt like food poisoning on the flight home on Monday.  :( When I reached Perth I couldn't catch a taxi home because I was vomiting and had diarrhoea. I had to wait several hours until the symptoms subsided a little before I could call a taxi. It was a very anxious trip home!

I think I'd look for another option to fly to Thailand, rather than Thai Airways.

I looked at May, same price for business class but for me the best options are either Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday as they leave Perth at 09:20, the return on those days is just after midnight which gets in at just the right time for the long drive home. My trip will either be with Thai or Singapore Air, I won't mind SIA so that I can do a week in Singapore on the way home

On 1/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, a-447 said:

Skyscanner has tickets on Malaysian for $4400. 

I've flown with them to Japan a number of times recently and found them excellent. Their business class lounge is KL is pretty awesome, too.

I'll second the comments on their lounge in KL.

On 1/10/2024 at 4:44 PM, TMax said:

I looked at May, same price for business class but for me the best options are either Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday as they leave Perth at 09:20, the return on those days is just after midnight which gets in at just the right time for the long drive home. My trip will either be with Thai or Singapore Air, I won't mind SIA so that I can do a week in Singapore on the way home

Avoid Malaysian MH126, Perth to KL, if you have connections. The scheduled takeoff is 02.20, but the turnaround time for the A330 is just one hour! It takes 15 mins to get the pax off, let alone catering, cleaning, new crew. The day I caught it we left nearly 2 hours late, and I missed the connection to London. I was put up in a nice hotel, but still 14 hours in KL. Also the A330-200, which I was on, is old, and business class, though a flat bed, pretty uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Avoid Malaysian MH126, Perth to KL, if you have connections. The scheduled takeoff is 02.20, but the turnaround time for the A330 is just one hour! It takes 15 mins to get the pax off, let alone catering, cleaning, new crew. The day I caught it we left nearly 2 hours late, and I missed the connection to London. I was put up in a nice hotel, but still 14 hours in KL. Also the A330-200, which I was on, is old, and business class, though a flat bed, pretty uncomfortable.

Some days it's an A330-300, more comfortable, but same timings!