Pantherz

New PCR28 STI Testing at Pulse Clinic Silom

On 2/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, Shonen said:

Just had the 28 different types test done. Everything fine except Gonnerrhea found from throat swab.

Given 1,000 mg of something into my butt. Hope it works. They would not have found this in USA as my doctor does only the blood draw and urine sample.

The majority of sex workers in Thailand have the blood tests but none of the boys I talk to about testing have ever had the throat and butt swab. As your experience with testing shows Gonorrhea and also Chlamydia may not be detected by just having the blood tests. Many of the bar and massage boys and those on the apps could be carrying stds for a long time without knowing unless symptoms become evident and require treatment.

3 hours ago, aussie_ said:

The majority of sex workers in Thailand have the blood tests but none of the boys I talk to about testing have ever had the throat and butt swab.

Are there any bars or massage parlors in Thailand that are known for routinely and systematically testing their staff for STIs? Or is it all left up to the workers to do?

21 hours ago, Pantherz said:

Are there any bars or massage parlors in Thailand that are known for routinely and systematically testing their staff for STIs? Or is it all left up to the workers to do?

SWING Pattaya visit the Jomtien Complex quite often and provide free blood tests for the bar and massage workers but I have not heard of any bars or shops that routinely have their staff tested. It certainly would be good for a bar or massage shop to advise customers that their workers are tested on a regular basis.

https://www.love2test.org/clinic/swing-pattaya