ShivRoy

Buenos Aires Jan/Feb 2024

1 hour ago, tm_nyc said:

Wow, a massage shop & a wine bar.  That is very creative marketing!

Thanks for posting the very interesting & detailed report.

Absolutely!

Interesting, if not surprising,  that inflation continues to roar away under the new President!

16 hours ago, babybear2 said:

excellent report 

Is BA safer than SP, Rio for tourists? 

Much much safer. I was initially apprehensive and prepared, like I would be in any Latin American city. But then a few days later I relaxed. Incidents could happen, and you need to be aware of surroundings, but I was walking in the night between bars, restaurants and clubs in Recoleta and Palermo without a problem - something I would never do in Brazil.

It's not super-safe as say Prague or Hanoi - but it's reasonably safe, compare it to Marseille or Genoa, i.e. somewhat edgy southern European cities with some bad areas, I think that would be a fair comparison in terms of safety. So I'd say yes BA is much safer than Rio or SP

• Members
3 hours ago, ShivRoy said:

Much much safer. I was initially apprehensive and prepared, like I would be in any Latin American city. But then a few days later I relaxed. Incidents could happen, and you need to be aware of surroundings, but I was walking in the night between bars, restaurants and clubs in Recoleta and Palermo without a problem - something I would never do in Brazil.

It's not super-safe as say Prague or Hanoi - but it's reasonably safe, compare it to Marseille or Genoa, i.e. somewhat edgy southern European cities with some bad areas, I think that would be a fair comparison in terms of safety. So I'd say yes BA is much safer than Rio or SP

Watch out there. Anyone should be very aware of your surroundings in Baires, safety levels vary depending on the neighborhood. For instance, I would not walk alone at night in the "City", the financial hood. I would not walk with a backpack or a bag on a position easy to be taken from you anywhere, not even in tourists tailored areas. And of course, all the standard precautions should be in place (do not wear expensive jewelry, watch, camera, etc).

I am glad you have an amazing experience in Buenos Aires, but as someone who lives for decades in the city, I do not think the differences on security with Brazilian cities are so significant. Yes, it is slightly safer IF YOU STAY IN THE SAFER AREAS. 

I'm going to BA for a few days in July, with a friend from Rio. So looking forward to what delights it will offer. Venezuelan guys certainly weren't in abundance when I last visited, so will be a wonderful addition 😀. Also love the Wine so interested in the Massage/Wine place you mentioned.

Venezuelan are respectful, reliable, accurate on their description and services offer. I love their big strong legs and delicious ass. Once you got to know them, sharing a glass of vino, conversation and some food, it made a huge different. The sex become more personal, passion and intense. Sadly, number of the guys I knew over the years had already moved to EU and some still in contact. Now, Lima Peru is the place to meet young and beautiful Venezuelan for a reasonable cost. I had a blast last year.......

2 hours ago, nikba2515 said:

Now, Lima Peru is the place to meet young and beautiful Venezuelan for a reasonable cost

I like Lima, except for the traffic.....Airbnb's can be hit/miss especially with street noise or someone fixing something in the building.