unicorn

Have any of you used wedding planners?

• Members

We've been considering using a wedding planner, but most of the planners in this area don't seem to want to pick up their phone. One planner wants to charge US $6000, but states she won't answer the phone, and that she could take 72 business hours to answer any e-mails. Is this the norm? I'm not sure what all of that money is going towards if it's just putting up a barrier of communication with a "Don't call us, we'll call you" attitude. They can't even afford a part-time (say 1 PM to 5 PM daily) receptionist? How helpful are these people? Would you use one if you had to do it again?

Obviously she is busy enough if she can afford such appalling client treatment . on another hand if she has more clients she can handle , what she needs receptionist for ?

We as customers may not like it but effectively she is saying ' go away, I can't help you in the foreseeable future" so take a hint

• Members

72 hours is the standard industry cooling off  period for the average Bridezilla’s venting of angst and traumatic issues that often have a way of working out without said planner’s 24/7 on-call intervention. 

• Members
11 hours ago, reader said:

Have you considered saving the $6,000 and just do it yourself? Six thousand can but a lot of cake and booze. 

But an additional $2,000 for the stripper’s half-hour attendance to leap up out of the cake and sensually cleanse off buttercream and fondant in the makeshift shower. 

Some venues will also help you plan. They have caterers and florists they work with. We held ours at a french restaurant and had a 13 course meal with a harpist. Low-key, fabulous and with an intimate group of friends and family. I might start with where you want to hold it, then decide what help you need.

If you're not planning on blowing a HUGE amount on a wedding, $6K is insane. Some people do spend $100K and for them such a wedding planner might make sense. I can't see it if you're spending a lot less.

My guess is you're not planning on a $100K wedding if you're asking this question...