EmmetK

It's Official: Donald Trump is SUPER RICH

12 hours ago, Stable Genius said:

Shares of Truth Social, the presidential candidate’s social-media upstart, have fallen more than 65% from their recent peak. The money-losing company was worth roughly $9 billion shortly after it started trading late last month. The company’s shares have tumbled so far this week, ending the session Tuesday down 14% at $22.84, giving it a market value of about $3.1 billion.

Above from WallStreet Journal 16APRIL24

image.jpeg.13a7ea77c918cfe1cc098c6f5d9a6e21.jpeg

According to my calculations, given current earnings, anticipated growth and tech company Price/Earnings rations a fair price for the stock would be $1.87. So once the share price reaches $1 next month, it will be worth a buy, right?? (I am joking - it is a falling knife - catch it at your peril!) 😋

200w.gif.fd73e70df099e308ad208f4ba61bbf07.gif

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In a development that an aide to the presumptive GOP nominee called “the best news this campaign has gotten in quite some time,” a new poll shows that a majority of likely voters “vastly prefer” Donald J. Trump when he is asleep to when he is awake.

According to the survey, conducted by the Opinion Research Institute at the University of Minnesota, the conscious version of Trump garners a lowly 41 percent approval rating, in marked contrast with the unconscious version’s 98 percent.

When asked to state what they liked most about the slumbering Trump, 72 percent checked “Cannot say anything,” while a whopping 83 percent ticked “Can do no harm.”

Carol Foyler, a top Trump campaign aide, said that the numbers suggest “we have to do a better job of getting the message out that Donald Trump is asleep most if not all of the day.”

“We need to showcase Mr. Trump at campaign events where he looks heavy-lidded and, ideally, snores,” she said. “If, during a debate with Biden, he were to suddenly doze off and face-plant on the podium, that would be huge for us.”

The aide said that the poll results would help the Trump campaign fine-tune its electoral strategy, adding, “Between now and Election Day, we have to keep Donald Trump on a steady drip of warm milk, chamomile tea, and Ambien.”  

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) - On the final day of jury selection in the hush money trial of Donald J. Trump, Judge Juan Merchan dismissed a Manhattan woman who expressed extremely negative views about the defendant. 

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ffb46a8fb-0ff0-4af9-a8c4-4386881d5725.heic

The woman testified that it would be “impossible” to render an unbiased judgment of a man she considered “vicious, cruel, and devoid of human decency.”

“The idea of spending the next few weeks in the same room with him nauseates me,” she added. “Please, let me go.” 

Asked if she had had any personal interaction with the defendant, she said, “He wouldn’t know my name.”

Although the woman’s comments riveted the entire courtroom, they failed to awaken Trump.

• Members
On 4/15/2024 at 10:18 AM, lookin said:

In addition to today's dilution, there's at least one other shoe ready to drop, and that's when Trump receives an additional 36 million shares.  It's part of his original deal and all he has to do is keep the stock price above $17.50 for twenty of any thirty days during a ninety day period that started on March 25th.  Don't ask me who came up with that bogey, but it's one that Trump is likely to hit by the end of April.

So it looks like he hit his bogey yesterday, keeping the stock price above $17.50 for twenty days, and he's been awarded another 36 million shares.  If my math is right, that brings his total holdings to 115 million shares.

On 4/15/2024 at 10:18 AM, lookin said:

My guess is he'll stay quiet until he's got the additional 36 million shares.  And then we'll hear that he's been running a 'perfect' business worth at least ten billion dollars and that somebody is out to get him and the stock is a bargain anywhere under a hundred bucks.

As if on cue, yesterday Devin Nunes asked Congress to investigate the potential "unlawful manipulation of DJT stock."  Now that Trump has pocketed his 'earnout' bonus, my prediction was - and is - that he'll start bellyaching that he's once again being 'treated unfairly'.

It would be nice if, just this once, he'd step up and say, "I'm running this business, my name is on the door, and it's up to me to make it a success and deliver value to our shareholders.  I, Donald J. Trump, will make sure my investors and supporters are not left holding the bag."

If he can make America great again, why can't he make Trump Media great again?  unsure.gif

On 4/17/2024 at 10:00 AM, Stable Genius said:

“If you bought Trump stock two weeks ago ― and shame on you if you did ― you lost half your money,” Jimmy Kimmel said on Tuesday. “But if you hold on just a little bit longer, you might be able to lose all of it.”

If you bought Trump stock two weeks ago (when it bottomed out at $22 on April 17) - and shame on you if you didn't - you more than doubled your money as it is now over $48...

Who gets the last laugh? It isn't that useless idiot Jimmy Kimmel or the left-wingers here who predicted doom for Trump Media stock!

TRUMP 2024
MAGA

• Members
23 hours ago, EmmetK said:

If you bought Trump stock two weeks ago (when it bottomed out at $22 on April 17) - and shame on you if you didn't - you more than doubled your money as it is now over $48...

Who gets the last laugh? It isn't that useless idiot Jimmy Kimmel or the left-wingers here who predicted doom for Trump Media stock!

I'd buy SOXL instead.  It's an ETF with NVDA, AVGO, all the tech powerhouses.  

My nephew was recently up close to 10x on the $7 shares he bought in Fall 2022.  I made the mistake of listening to the doom and gloom recession mongers in late 2022 and waited until Fall 2023 to jump into SOXL.  But as Jim Roppel said recently, the "real money" started to be made starting Fall 2023.  And he thinks about half of the money made on this bull will be in AI/tech related investments like SOXL and FNGU.

Doesn't it shock you, @EmmetK, that real smart and rich traders and investors are not screaming, "Buy Trump!  Buy DJT!"

Anyhoo, SOXL just had the inevitable freefall correction from $58 to about $30.  I actually sold half of mine in the 40's, at like a 100 % profit, thinking there would be a correction and I'd take some profits and buy back later.  And now I will.  A LOT.  I think by the end of May it may be the $20's.  As will DJT.  Again.  

One stock is a big winner.  And one is a big loser.  Which do you think is which?

ca381b180b8d7b2c85c45f0f8d05b51f

DJT_2024-04-01_18-06-16-46d5e1f2dd4e4f16

• Members
On 3/26/2024 at 6:53 AM, EmmetK said:

There are so many ways to build wealth in America. This kind of deal is an example.
No one can turn lemons into lemonade better than Donald Trump.

Yup.

When you wrote that a little over a month ago DJT was at $66.  So it has, as of today, lost one third of it's value.  Some lemonade!  Trump is unique at knowing how to lose.  Not him, personally.  I mean he excels at turning his MAGA cult into losers.  Lose, lose, lose!

DJT in consistent.  When he didn't lose as bad as people thought he would in 2020, he called it "winning."  That led to lots of cops having their heads beat in.  Festive!  Now that his stock is down only one third, not two thirds, that is "winning" too.

That's the DJT we know, and don't love.  Or even respect.  Loser!