Daddy415

Massage in 100 degree / 38 degree weather

I'm returning to Bangkok later this month and have never been during the super hot season. I'm guessing we will use more Grabs than we did when it was cooler, but am wondering if there are any other suggestions beyond the usual, carry lots of water, wear a hat etc. 

Specifically, I recall all of the massage places having aircon when I was there... but recognizing these are not 5-star hotels, is your experience that inside the spas is comfortable even when there's such extreme heat outside?

Thank you!

Have yet to encounter shop in Bangkok without AC. Most shops don't open before 11 but usually remain open until midnight in Silom area and often later in Saphan Kwai. Comfort supplied by the masseurs. 🙂

Avoid outdoor activities between 11 and 4.

Early morning and Twilight good time for walking parks. The bars don't open until after dark so no problem there.

Siam Paragon, Icon Siam and Central World are all great malls but my favorite has become Samyan Mitrtown.  Besides the great stores and food offerings, there's an observation deck and discount cinema. It's adjacent to a major university so the people watching is guaranteed to be fun. Just one stop away from Silom MRT station.

https://www.samyan-mitrtown.com/en/

Thanks guys... I am thinking with the weather so hot there is really no choice but to get massages all day when I am there...I'll watch movies on the plane! 😂

My final day in BKK last time I had 3 massages before my evening flight... I melted onto the plane and it was glorious...