TotallyOz

Arabs in Sunee and Loud Music

I was having a bite to eat last night and was across the street and could not even hear myself think. There is a new Arab bar (sorry if that is politically incorrect) across the street and the music kept me from even being able to make a phone call. Why are all these new places in Sunee throwing their music up so loud? Is that legal? Is it allowed?

Well if I was you, I would get use to it, since Mss Sunee turned down the Arabs offer to buy Sunee Plaza, they are now doing a Pincer movement, to slowly take it over, one unit at a time.

The days are Numbered where Sunee was the hub of gay excitment, as much as I am not a fan of lady/fem boys, but with out them ganging up and working in Most of the bars, the area would be dead any way. by now.:blush:

the cops do caution business owners to lower the volume.

I am sure the police have a hard and fast rule as to when to caution a business owner.

I believe the rule is based on a fixed ratio of how loud the noise is to how high the bribe money is being paid by the business owner.:unsure:

Well if I was you, I would get use to it, since Mss Sunee turned down the Arabs offer to buy Sunee Plaza, they are now doing a Pincer movement, to slowly take it over, one unit at a time.

If the Arabs take over Sunee it will be better for the area than the current local underage establishments.

Whoa, steady on here! All this talk of 'pincer movements' - you sound like a war games enthusiast. The rest of your post reminds me of the stealth bomber.

HeyGay and PeterP seems to think it might happen - do others agree?

Guest gwm4sian

I was told a while back that Madam Sunee has never sold and will never sell and of the properties in Sunee Plaza. As far as I am aware not one of the establishments own the properties in which they trade. All are leased from the Sunee Estate.

Therefore talk of Arabs (or anyone else) doing a pincer movement seem to me to be a little far-fetched.

Expat in chat on Boxing Day said he noticed several Arab types outside the old Look bar and then later the closed bar almost opposite La Cage, he thinks was called Holiday.

Whether they were looking for an empty shopfront to open a business or a place for a bar is just guessing, but that soi's Arab takeover is frightening.

I have no problem with Arabs taking over Pattaya. I think that is their goal. But, what I do have a problem with is the loud music that is heard for blocks and the way the young Arabs drive the motorcycles around Pattaya. There is a reason that most in Thailand drive 150 cc or under. The laws were created in order to keep the Arab 20 something's from getting on the 1200cc motorbikes.

Guest fountainhall

what I do have a problem with is the loud music that is heard for blocks

Totally agree - I loathe music that loud. It shows a complete disregard and disrespect for other businesses and their patrons in the neighbourhood. Many Asian countries have adopted noise pollution regulations. You can do what you like in your home or business, but the moment you start to disturb others with noise reaching a certain decibel limit, you face a stiff fine. It's high time Thailand adopted such legislation. Will it happen here? Not that I can see.

I remember when Celine Dion played a gig on the old Hong Kong airport 11 years ago, it was close to being banned because that area is surrounded by many blocks of flats. Only when the stage and massive speaker system were repositioned could the concert go ahead.

I have no problem with Arabs taking over Pattaya. I think that is their goal. But, what I do have a problem with is the loud music that is heard for blocks and the way the young Arabs drive the motorcycles around Pattaya. There is a reason that most in Thailand drive 150 cc or under. The laws were created in order to keep the Arab 20 something's from getting on the 1200cc motorbikes.

I also have a problem with bad behavior and lack of respect for Thai culture and poor manners around other visitors to Thailand. I was in Wonderland show bar in Sunee last Sunday night for the midnight show when three very drunk, loud young men from the land of many camels walked in from the club next door and proceeded to grope any go go boy in sight and disrupt the show. They also refused to buy the boys a drink or to tip them. I told the waiter that they or anyone else in such a drunken state should not be allowed in. Clubs like Wonderland will need to employ some decent size security staff as I can see this problem is on the increase.

Guest fountainhall

Aussie is so right. How can the bars and clubs make it known that there is a certain minimum level of behaviour that can be tolerated? Would rules in Arabic work? Although there are now a lot more Chinese visitors to Thailand, I don't see the same problems with those nationals. I wonder if it is perhaps because the Chinese who presently travel tend to be either in tour groups or are better-heeled individual travellers.

I also wonder what would happen if these loud mouthed, uncouth Arab gentlemen ever start to take holidays in Japan. With few exceptions, the gay bars there operate on a very defined - and refined - system of behaviour in which everyone knows the rules. I guess the yakuza would be called in to restore peace!

Clubs like Wonderland will need to employ some decent size security staff as I can see this problem is on the increase.

One group of bouncers for the whole of Sunee should do it. I doubt the gogo bars could afford it individually.

I also have a problem with bad behavior and lack of respect for Thai culture and poor manners around other visitors to Thailand. I was in Wonderland show bar in Sunee last Sunday night for the midnight show when three very drunk, loud young men from the land of many camels walked in from the club next door and proceeded to grope any go go boy in sight and disrupt the show. They also refused to buy the boys a drink or to tip them. I told the waiter that they or anyone else in such a drunken state should not be allowed in. Clubs like Wonderland will need to employ some decent size security staff as I can see this problem is on the increase.

How dare they disrupt a traditional thai cultural activity like go go boys wiggling their arses for aged punters. And worst of all they were drunk and didn't tip. No Christian would behave like that!

How dare they disrupt a traditional thai cultural activity like go go boys wiggling their arses for aged punters.

It was 1215am, the show was in progress and some of the go go boys were sitting at the bar. These aged punters were about 25yo. My comments are an accurate report about a disgraceful display of poor behavior.

And worst of all they were drunk and didn't tip. No Christian would behave like that!

I have never seen anyone behave like that in a show bar before and I have been visiting Thailand for many years.

I had friends that tried to eat at the same place last night and the music was so loud that you can't think and they didn't even sit down for a bite. When music across the street is so loud that you can't eat in enjoyment, there needs to be something that can be done to lower that volume.

Politically incorrect? I could care less. Fuck the Arabs and double fuck the Russians. Both are low class shits.

Just a touch too much racism for me. However, when I was in Morocco I saw many Arabs that I wanted to fuck in the worst way. Some incredibly beautiful boys there, and I think of that beautiful blond Russian boy that married one of Tevye's daughters in Fiddler on the roof. Yes, definitely a double fuck. :rolleyes:

Guest ronnie4you

Politically incorrect? I could care less. Fuck the Arabs and double fuck the Russians. Both are low class shits.

Wow. What a harsh statement. Why would you want to fuck low class shits anyway? Many Russian boys are cute, so yes, I would double fuck them...

Guest GaySacGuy

If the Arabs take over Sunee it will be better for the area than the current local underage establishments.

That is a matter of opinion!! While I am opposed to underage boys, I am not comfortable in the Arab clan feeling you get in the area!!!! I think it can become very uncomfortable for gays sooner than we might imagine.

Guest lonelywombat

I have several threads on sawatdee on the increasing Arab influence in Sunee.One thread was the Arabification of Sunee, this link is to an alternative area that a few businessmen are looking at, in anticipation that Sunee will be more Arab sooner than later.

If as some feel that Boyztown has been killed by greed where will the gay crowd go. The dining area of Daynight is already a popular gay destination. Some people feel that Jomtien can come again. I have an open mind but think the Arabs will prevail.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/alternative-area-boyztown-sunee-and-jomtien-complex-t20410.html

That is a matter of opinion!! While I am opposed to underage boys, I am not comfortable in the Arab clan feeling you get in the area!!!! I think it can become very uncomfortable for gays sooner than we might imagine.

Totally agree with you! If you walk around the soi, you will find many Arab establishments. I spoke with one group one day and they said they would love for Sunee to become all Arab restaurants and bars.

If as some feel that Boyztown has been killed by greed where will the gay crowd go. The dining area of Daynight is already a popular gay destination. Some people feel that Jomtien can come again. I have an open mind but think the Arabs will prevail.

Boyztown was great. But, I agree that some changes need to be made. I don't think it would take much. I do think it would take a different mentality for the owners of these bars than has run them in the past. Business as usual will not draw the Sunee crowd over to their places. IMHO