Guest fountainhall

Discussion for Eat Me

"this include foamy soap massage and in a wet room . . ." I'll skip commenting on "include" and merely ask what is a wet room? Frankly I don't know because I have never been to one. A more detailed description would surely be useful. 

Wet room = Hong Nam  :p

Word for today =  Erastic

Given to or characterized by disputations, often specious argument.

The art or practice of disputation and polemics.

OK Koko, I will berate you. :)

2 sentences and 4 words I had to look up. I felt I was back in my freshman year studying Greek!

Erastic

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Erastic

The elastic males use in their underwear or shorts to hold their penis at 180 degrees when an erection occurs to conceal it. Generally more commonly used when in the early teen years.

Ben: I have a raging boner

Akhmed: Use your erastic to hold it

I learned about this thread only by chance, via a pm regarding the retirment thread.

I agree with the op, there is no value in posting reviews of places you haven't visited (beachlover style), or copying reviews from elsewhere in the internet. There is already too much copy and paste on the internet.

If you don't have people who go to these places and review them, well then you can't write reviews.

I learned about this thread only by chance, via a pm regarding the retirment thread.

I agree with the op, there is no value in posting reviews of places you haven't visited (beachlover style), or copying reviews from elsewhere in the internet. There is already too much copy and paste on the internet.

If you don't have people who go to these places and review them, well then you can't write reviews.

It is interesting that you quoted Beachlover as I am taking a trip to Cambodia soon and I'll be following a lot of his suggested itinerary. I guess it was not beneficial to you or others but when I started researching my trip, I found a thread he posted the most helpful one on the site for what I needed to know. I don't know whether or not he actually took the trip or not and thus the controversy that surrounded his post but when I read it I found a lot of useful information. So, to me, it was very helpful.

There is a difference in a Review and a Listing for the site. For one, all the listings are located in a separate forum and Scooby is the one making them. Many of us posters on the site write reviews like the one I did just yesterday re: Mama Dolores. I think that Mama Dolores should be a listing on the site. But, I don't expect that the admin will visit it before he puts it up just like I don't expect Expedia or Agoda to have reviews of all the places they list. There is a difference. It may be subtle to some but when a listing is put on the site, it opens it up for members to comment and discuss. It seems to me that is what a forum is for.

And, I thought the quote below summed things up pretty nicely. If there is a problem with any listing, just comment on it or PM Scooby to change it. That seems pretty easy and simple to me.

If there is ever a listing on the site that needs to be edited, we will edit it and fix it.

In ideal world Christian  would be right - reviews should be written by people who actually visited the place.

In real world  this is often unnecessary dream.

Dream because there's no way of assessing if review was based on actual visit or just compilation of other's opinions made out of boredom or due to need of expressing oneself in writing.

As Michael rightly noticed it still may be of great value for potential information seekers.

Never been in Pattaya but being well acquainted with country, go-go system,  massages etc. I can easily write very accurate and detailed  review of scene there including boys names and numbers based on posters entries in this and other forums.

Somebody would follow and comment, o yes vinapu, you were right, this hotel was noisy, drinks at that bar were too diluted , this boy was great kisser and I saw drunk Taiwanese guy throwing baht notes at boys  in the same bar you saw him.

Would this compilation be less useful for somebody going there than actual visitor's testimony ?

Not being pizza eater with clear conscience I can recommend Mama Dolores to everybody based on recent Michael's post about the place, even if I choose to dress it as personal experience -where will be harm? Michael, his BF and Christian dined there last weekend and are posting today , obviously they weren't poisoned, right ?. So nobody would be  deceived.

Unnecessary part is here: even most accurate review is just this, review with reviewer opinion thrown in.

It may be correct , it may be not, our  preferences , tastes , wallet capacity and myriad of other factors are influencing what we say.

Crappy place may receive good review because of mood of poster or great company he was with.

Excellent place may stumble just once- remember Michaels's bad experience in HERO few weeks ago and he isfrequent visitor and great fan of the place.

Imagine if the same happened to somebody  who was there for first time, review would be full of disgust by eyewitness observation but would it do HERO  a justice?

So no reason to carp about reviews, read it , digest, take grain of salt, finish your drink and experience place for yourself.

Reviews and listings have to be clearly marked, then it will be ok for me.

Never been in Pattaya but being well acquainted with country, go-go system,  massages etc. I can easily write very accurate and detailed  review of scene there including boys names and numbers based on posters entries in this and other forums.

I think a forum should not be a place for fiction.

You just don't get it.  Anything on a Forum can be fact or fiction.  Nobody should know that better then you because a good portion of what you post is considered fiction in the eyes of many.

I have no idea whether it is fact or fiction.  I take anything on any site or any forum or any newspaper etc etc etc with a grain of salt.

Maybe it is fact and then again maybe it is Fiction. That is the real world, so stop trying to tell the rest of us what we should have on this Forum.  It is not for you to decide!!!

Off topic and, in my view, totally unfair, Firecat.  I've actually met Christian and I have no (zero) doubt at al that what he writes on the board is exactly (even anally exactly) as it happened.  And, frankly, I don't think this thread (or perhaps any other location) is the place for you go after him or even suggest (without believability, I'd add) that "many" others think the way you do.

That being said, I really have little interest in most of what Christian posts; regardless of that fact, I'm not about to say he's making any of it up as I firmly believe he isn't.  I do agree with his general comment that people shouldn't post fiction without clearly labeling it as such or, as the example given by somebody above, post photos and a review of a hotel when the poster has never been there.  

As for the comment about telling him to "stop trying to tell the rest of us what we should have on this Forum. It is not for you to decide!!!"  Excuse me but I didn't see him as telling anybody what they had to do, he simply expressed an opinion.  And his opinion is worth no more nor less than yours or mine.

In fairness I don't think you can see anywhere in my post that I said his posts were fiction.  I was specific that in the eyes of many his posts were considered fiction.  Since I know that you read all the other Forums that he posts the identical things in,then you know his posts have been questioned by some.

I don't know him personally and have no idea whether some of it is fiction. That is the point !  Nobody knows whether something in a Forum or newspaper or tv is fact oor fiction.

As someone who travels all over the world I read reviews all the time on Trip Advisor, Booking.com etc etc etc.  I don't consider any of them fact . I take them for what they are worth and try to ascertain where I would like to stay.

Unfortunately I have stayed many times in Hotels with great reviews that turned out not to be the same in my eyes.

So were the reviews Fact or Fiction!.  Maybe they were fiction or maybe we just did not have the same experiences.

I have had good friends recommend certain boys to me in Thailand that were DUDS in my eyes. Does that mean I don't want to read about others experiences .  Of course not.

A person of reasonable intelligence should be able to distinguish between a review written by a real person or someone who has never experienced the place and something written by the Business.

Reviews and listings have to be clearly marked, then it will be ok for me.

I think a forum should not be a place for fiction.

I mentioned before,  in ideal word this should be a case.

Unfortunately forum like every other social gathering  situation tends to draw different kinds of people including baron Muenhausen type of storytellers presenting inventions as truth or just coloring their stories .

Point I tried clumsily made is  that nobody can prevent this type of stories and sometimes even if truth is stretched three's really no harm done. The same like stories we are trading around the Christmas table or on high school reunion 20 years later.

So instead of fighting for elusive truth we should enjoy what is presented and do not take it too seriously if in doubt.

We are not debating world peace on this forum but rather equally enjoyable things like silky smooth  skin , butt shape and dick sizes.  

In defence of Christian I need to add that he did not even indicated he has this forum in mind, he just said 'forum ' , not ' this forum ' so no need to get hot under collar about this remark 

In defence of firecat he clearly said that there are people who are considering Christian's  stores fiction which may be  a case since forums are frequented  by  slanderous types who are attacking all stores bar their own. He did not say he doubts anything.

In defence of Bob I second that I have no doubt about Christian stories being accurate and truthful. And they made good read too being free of any personal acid toward anybody.

Thoughtful comments but no real need to defend anyone.  

This board has been fairly exceptional (as has the nearly departed Ting Tong) in avoiding personal attacks.  We can disagree rather vehemently with the content of a post sometimes but we here thankfully tend to stay away from non-humorous personal shots.  That's rather nice and, in spite of our minor differences here and there, makes this place rather enjoyable to visit.  Of course, a few who don't post here and seemingly relish creating fights, call most of us rather turgid and boring.  That's cool too at least if what they perceive as our turgidity and boringness keeps them the hell away from here! (hehe).

We've only had a couple of major disruptions here but, thankfully, the mods ultimately took care of them.  Without naming names, long-timers know who they are - the one who is now really/dearly departed and the other one who's simply played an obviously fraudulent/fictional role on multiple boards (the latter one once posted here more than 200 times within 36 hours and is the same one, mentioned above, who posted phony trip reviews elsewhere).  Without either of those two characters, we are, of course, probably even more turgid and boring.  Fine with me.

Agree with Bob but sometimes

the extreme characters do add

to the forum, even when

very obnoxious and obviously

compulsive liars. I don't miss

them but forums tend to get dry

and one personality dominates

without some characters to mix things

up. Hard to find a middle and almost

fatal to forums when posters like fountainhall

leave.

Hmmm. I am an occasional poster. I do not follow the Boards that much. The title of this thread caught my eye so I started to read the post.

After reading almost every reply, I have no idea what the point of this thread is. I am NOT asking anyone to explain it to me!! I just wanted to contribute....although I am not sure what I am contributing to.

If anyone is looking for a nice restaurant that serves great Thai food in Pattaya (Jomtien) I would recommend "TOO PUMPUY" on Pratamnak soi 5. They also have great waffles for dessert and European food. But it is the Thai food I really enjoy. I am told that it is owned by 2 Thai lesbians, not that that makes a difference. Very reasonably priced.

After reading almost every reply, I have no idea what the point of this thread is. I am NOT asking anyone to explain it to me!! I just wanted to contribute....although I am not sure what I am contributing to.

I know you are not asking anyone to explain it to you, but I shall attempt to do so. Message boards are organic entities . . . a good board should be like life in general, this one is usually sober but sometimes takes a few drinks and changes its personality; the topic would have been better in the Beer Bar for that reason! (I'm just trying to be lighthearted; there's nothing to be gained IMO  by getting all introspective).

Here is a link to the original topic which was posted in the gay businesses forum. The OP in this thread was based on that.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9082-eat-me-off-soi-convent-in-gay-bangkok/?do=findComment&comment=69901

If anyone is looking for a nice restaurant that serves great Thai food in Pattaya (Jomtien) I would recommend "TOO PUMPUY" on Pratamnak soi 5. They also have great waffles for dessert and European food. But it is the Thai food I really enjoy. I am told that it is owned by 2 Thai lesbians, not that that makes a difference. Very reasonably priced.

Thank you for your recommendation.