ChristianPFC

Are most Thai boys retards?

A provocative title, and I won’t get new friends with this post, but I mean it exactly as I wrote it. Anyway, it’s a question and not a statement, so feel free to answer “no” and let me know why. I use “retard” to collect all these “What the fuck?!” moments I have when I try to meet Thai boys (too late, wrong place, phone battery empty, doesn’t tell me something important he knew hours ago and many more, I lost count). More precisely “Are most Thai boys I have contact with retards?”, and I would like to hear other’s stories too.

Just when you think it gets better (last month, one boy about 5 km away, efficient communication in English, acceptable delays but it seems now we are drifting apart, anyway having so-so sex – but promising! - on two of six meetings is a poor yield; and another boy, efficient communication in Thai, acceptable delays, but one meeting failed – there must have been miscommunication) there is a row of problem cases.

But first some cases from earlier this year that I vividly remember.

There was one boy I met in February this year. He was 1 hour 50 minutes late (I remember exactly because not long before I had another boy who was 1 hour 50 minutes late, but I don’t remember details of that encounter). He stayed in On Nut, we met at MBK, so I thought skytrain would be the fastest way to get there, he took bus or van or whatever that caused part of the delay. Meeting point was Naai In Books in MBK, he went to Asiabooks in Siam Paragon. When he called me that he is in the bookshop now, and I couldn’t see him, I gave up and thought this is a lost case and he is just playing with me. I had a last look at a book I had missed before (that’s why I choose a bookshop, I can spend one or two hours there), and when I left, he just arrived. It was a matter of 30 seconds and we would have missed. Only then I found out that he went to the wrong bookshop.

The largest delay I ever had was 6 hours. That was in January 2010. I gave up after 3 hours and continued my schedule as if nothing had happened, then after 6 hours he called “I am here now. Where are you?”. One of these cases with poor pictures on gayromeo, he turned out not to be my type. I now pass profiles with poor pictures. About 4 out of 5 don’t pass my requirements for a clear facepic. It can’t be that difficult to post one, just one single picture that is in focus, not too dark, that shows your face without sunglasses (unless you are a retard, than this is a major challenge).

Two months ago, an acquaintance on Grindr, we then moved to Line and he wanted to come to my place (at least I thought so). Nearing the time we agreed upon, I ask where he is: “I think we can meeting tomorrow? Rain now little”. (I love Line. You have a written record, with times. So I know I am not imagining things.) When you have exchanged a few hundred messages and tried ten times to set up a date without success, this is probably a hint that there are evil forces in the universe that don’t want us to meet.

I went to see a friend on Koh Si Chang over a weekend. I have met him about five times, every time everything was fine. He said he would go to Bangkok the following week for five days to attend some training course. We discussed long where we could meet in Bangkok, I suggested Asiatique as it is close to his accommodation in Bangkok (Rama 2 / Ratburana). On Wednesday (his first day in Bangkok), I write on Line asking where he is and when he would like to meet. The message was read, but no reply. I interpreted this correctly: something is wrong. So I call later in the afternoon, he picks up, says hello and then hands the phone to his mother (?) who tells me that he is not in Bangkok at the moment. I give up. I doubt I will get an explanation next time we meet, but I will carefully try to elucidate what went wrong.

Last week a boy on gayromeo, we exchange phone numbers. I am free on Wednesday afternoon (holiday, 23rd of October) and call him. Meet in half an hour (my suggestion) at BTS Chong Nonsi (his suggestion). I arrive and cannot get him on the phone. I call every five minutes for half an hour, then I leave. Some days later, message on gayromeo: he lost or broke his phone. I assume he didn’t come to Chong Nonsi, the station is too big to meet there without specifying a place where exactly to meet.

Last weekend in Pattaya. I had written on gayromeo with a boy who has an interesting profile, our chat was promising. I wrote I would be free on Saturday early afternoon. (I wrote this twice, on Thursday and on Friday.) When I called him on Saturday around noon, he said he would be leaving Pattaya now to take bus back to his home province to continue university. So we missed. Going back to his home province to continue studying isn’t a spontaneous decision, I assume. It’s getting rarer and rarer that I read a profile and look at the pictures and think “This one is different!”, only to be disappointed: different boy, same problems.

At the same time, I was online on gayromeo and an old acquaintance wrote to me (we didn’t have contact for about two years). He wants to meet. I suggest Tuk Com (because I can spend an hour there without getting bored). He agrees and would meet me there in 15 to 20 minutes. 30 minutes later, I call him and he asks me to come to Tony’s Fitness because he has many friends around Tuk Com and doesn’t want to be seen there (I didn’t ask why). I had mentioned Tuk Com and the Se-ed bookstore at least three times in written or spoken form. So I walk to Tony’s Fitness (about 10 minutes). Did you think he is there, waiting for me? Really? No, it takes another three phone calls and 10 minutes waiting until he arrives on a motorbike taxi. He tells me to jump on and off we drive (my head the highest point, no helmet, my knees the outmost points) for about 30 minutes into the darkest part of the Eastern side of Sukhumvit (I didn’t know that there is that much Thai and even Farang live!). The fare was 350 Baht (he paid, that must have included other trips as my return trip was only 120 Baht and 22 minutes). I must point out that I mentioned “let’s talk first” when we chatted, hopping on a motorbike and driving half an hour to a place I don’t know is not my style. He was very horny, I played along, it was so-so, there is potential.

An acquaintance from Camfrog from Hat Yai comes to Bangkok (we had a few times camsex – I’m not a fan of camsex, but better than wanking alone when I was in Europe – but never met in real life). I call him Monday afternoon. He picks up, connection is poor, suddenly interruption. I call again, he tells me he is busy and hangs up (I get that from time to time, no goodbye, they just hang up before everything is said so I have to call again, or there is background noise and the connection slips after a few seconds). Then in the evening some calls I make don’t get through, others with very poor connection or just background noise, I give up. There are evil forces in the universe that don’t want us to meet. It was actually he who wrote to me on Skype that he would come to Bangkok, so I assume he wants to meet.

You could think the Thai mobile network is the problem, but I never had these problems when I called Farang friends.

The boy from the second paragraph, make that two meetings failed. I am getting better at detection when “yes” means “no”. There are communication problems (in Thai), I think he will come to my place, but he will not. I don’t understand everything he says, but I leave with the thought “That didn’t sound enthusiastic, I would be very surprised if he actually came to my place”. I could go to Sanam Luang where he works, and then to a short time hotel, but if I pay for taxi anyway, why do I always have to do the driving, and then pay for short time hotel? Next time I will meet him there and ask about his work conditions to see if there is a day and time when he can come to my place (he did once so far, and I went to see him two times). It works out like this: I go to Sanam Luang (150 Baht) and back 150 and pay for short time room 200, or I give him 500 which allows him to come to my place 150 and go back to his place 150 and leaves him 200. My expense is the same, but I can wait in the comfort of my home and spend two hours doing something useful instead of traveling through Bangkok. (Before someone shouts “It’s all about the money!” it is not, it is about who is traveling to meet for a sex date.)

I stopped counting, the list could go on for pages, it is more the standard then the exception.

Wait, I have another one! On my second visit to Thailand, I went with a Thai friend from my first holiday to ICK (at that time I didn’t know where it is). He got drunk (at my expense) and then he disappeared. He was just gone and I was left out there alone, not knowing where I am, nobody speaking English! What a luck there are taxis! This is more a case of irresponsible behavior than being a retard.

And boys who change their phone numbers, why? I lost one German mobile phone number and one Thai mobile phone number because they expired, but only because I was not living in that country permanently. And empty battery? Can happen, but it never happened to me until last Saturday, where I was left for 15 minutes with a phone with empty battery, the first time since I started using mobile phones twelve years ago.

All the cases cited above were non-moneyboys, and I chose a central well known place (like MBK) to meet or let them choose a place to meet. I don’t remember meeting a money boy from internet, I want to see them in real life first, so I go to bars or Saranrom.

It’s not only Thai boys. I wrote about Black Woman before, and now I can add another experience. She doesn’t have a purse, she puts money loose in her handbag and every time she has to pay something she rummages through her bag to get the money. It takes minutes. Or does she do this on purpose hoping would get bored and pay for her? It doesn’t work!

A counter example (the only one I have) is a Thai friend of mine who is a hi-so buisinesswoman. She is on time every time, no problems with phone calls or SMS (that’s probably how she got successful in business, simply by being on time and efficient communication). In this case, I am the one who is late (by Thai standards you wouldn’t call five minutes being late, but by my standards, even if five minutes after a trip of two hours is just 4% off.)

I this just statistics, and all failures are accumulated in the first ten months of the year and I am in for a treat in the next two months to level everything out over the year? Or should I just accept that this life is one of mismatches and obstacles, and hope the next one will be better? (That was a joke, I don’t believe in rebirth or afterlife, I think you are born, then you lead a shitty miserable life like mine where nothing matches, then you die and rot and the worms eat you.)

Or is it my negativity that attracts these cases? When I set up a date I wonder “What will go wrong this time?” What am I going to do in that area at that time if the boy doesn’t show up? If you think I have had everything that can go wrong go wrong you are wrong, there are surprises every time. Do I have a profound lack of understanding of Thai culture or is it just that way that you come late to a date, or don’t go at all and don’t bother to tell the person who is waiting for you that you won’t come and why you won’t come or why you are late? Or am I looking for friends, fuckbuddies and a boyfriend at the wrong places (boys who are lo-so because they are retard)? Is it just lack of communication (in English or in Thai) and I fail to ask the right question at the right time or tell the boy what I have in mind?

What are your experiences? Share your stories how things can go wrong beyond imagination, and give an indication how frequently this happens.

Sorry Christian. It has to be you.  Once in awhile I have a boy show up 30 minutes late but never more. And I understand time in Thailand is like in South America not to be worried about.

My biggest problem is not letting them come to quickly before I am ready.  Of course I am not looking for freebies although with many money is never mentioned but I have in my profile money boys are ok. 

Many boys call me when they know they will be a few minutes late , to be sure I will wait for them.  

So bottom line , you are a making a lot of bad choices or you are the unluckiest person in the world.

Of course in many cases it may be your attitude that makes the boy wonder whether it is even worth meeting you and thus no problem for him to be late or not call.

To say the least, your language here is politically incorrect and, as far as I'm concerned, offensive.  Next time, presuming these are your questions, maybe ask why Thai boys are always/usually late and/or why are they always/usually irresponsible.

I've read the message boards since the mid-90's and, as far as I can recall, you have the worst luck of anyone I've ever read about.  And, frankly, at this point in time, I don't think it's by chance. 

Honestly I think you father should fly there, unbuckle his belt right at Swampy and spank you there so  you start counting your blessings instead of stressing  yourself with boy going to the wrong bookstore.

I award you a rare smiley for that. Very few posts warrant the lol cliche, but yours does!   :lol:

My apologies if I offended anyone.

I have mood swings. Yesterday I wondered why so much goes wrong, had a dull day, then at night I had a chat with boys in my area that cheered me up, and later picked up the boy from paragraph (doesn't matter) at Sanam Luang and we had a great time back at my place. Now I am fine, and this morning I wondered if I should have opened this topic yesterday. But all cases are real.

Guest Promsak

A provocative title, and I won’t get new friends with this post,

How offensive! Bordering racist.

I appreciate that English is not your first language so I suggest that you look up the meaning of words that you use before committing them to messages.

How offensive! Bordering racist.

I appreciate that English is not your first language so I suggest that you look up the meaning of words that you use before committing them to messages.

Personally, I am not so much offended as confused. If one knows (or anticipates) in advance that a title will provoke and "won’t get new friends", they why use it unless that is, indeed, the desired outcome? Not trying to be judgemental, but it seems incongruent to me.

As for Thai boys being "retarded", if that's the case, I could (but wouldn't) say that about boys from ANY country. These boys are generally 18-25ish. MOST boys that age, regardless of culture or nationality, are self-absorbed and have short attention spans. Though it has been rare, I have erncountered boys from several countries including my home country, not show for one reason or another. Add in language differences and confusion about time and place of meeting will liklely increase.

If anything, I have found Thai boys to be more goal-oriented, hard-working, and respectful than their Western counterparts; not always, but most in my experience. However I can never forget that they are young and the young have different priorities etc.

To each his own as the saying goes, but I cannot imagine waiting for a boy for 6 hours, especially while on holiday. Nor can I imagine making fourth or fifth "dates" if he has failed to show for the first three. In the USA there is an old saying... "Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me!" Again, not trying to judge, but I have come to believe that life (including holidays) is, for the most part, what you make it.

My apologies if I offended anyone.

I have mood swings. Yesterday I wondered why so much goes wrong, had a dull day, then at night I had a chat with boys in my area that cheered me up, and later picked up the boy from paragraph (doesn't matter) at Sanam Luang and we had a great time back at my place. Now I am fine, and this morning I wondered if I should have opened this topic yesterday. But all cases are real.

Long live Sanam Luang for putting ChristianPFC  back on his foot.

And again you managed to stir posting community which is good thing, too bad that case could not be defended  but at least was discussed and as one can see summarily dismissed. Now cheer up with last night memories and start smelling roses again

Guest buckbee

lol I had to laugh when I read the topic but their not retards that's for sure, maybe you need a refresher course in English as a second language. But I can relate to your post as Thai guys do some strange things sometimes and can be unreliable but that's just the culture and if we love them we just have to deal with it  :p

They are not retards but a large percentage are liers and thieves.  I fine this true particularly in Bangkok.

Are you trying to inflame us here? What is your statistic sample so you venture with such an opinion ?

Do what Christian did and tell us your stories so we may be warned. " Large percentage ' is pretty serious statement 

As for me - 8 trips 1 week trips since 2001, almost always long time off for the night so possibilities of theft increasing with longer time and me inevitably falling asleep for hour or so -and never not only anything stolen but not even any hint they may be interested in looking in my staff.

Firecact is talking about hundreds meetings with 1 snafu, rarely on forums one can see reports of thefts. Not saying it doesn't happen but for my personal use I feel safe with the boys .

As for lies - as firecat noticed above it may be part of trade for both sides, they tell us we are handsome, we tell them they must be blind, but those are harmless lies.

If boy promises to do something and doesn't deliver it may be deliberate lie to land a contract but also lack of chemistry or size / hygiene etc issues.

But this is just misleading advertising - not a lie, all companies are doing this 8 days a week , 25 hours a day, turn your TV and watch the ads with all those dirty spots disappearing with wave of hand.

They are not retards but a large percentage are liers and thieves.  I fine this true particularly in Bangkok.

Firstly, what's the population segment from which we are basing our views?

Money boys?  

Well if so, the average Thai money boy is much much more honest & reliable than his average equivalent from Europe and the Arabic regions.  The worst from the latter category don't do what they say they will do and then demand more money than originally agreed. That means it can be necessary to physically eject them from the room.

The only theft problem I've had in Thailand was a bottle of whisky walking from the mini bar. The prime suspect for that incident came from Laos. 

As far as liars, it would probably be a close contest between the boys and their admirers on who lies the most.  After all most do like hearing the lies!!

I would disagree only in that I don't think it's even close. I suspect the Admirers are much better at lying judging from some of the profiles on Cam4, Camfrog and even GR. Many haven't seen 50 y/o in at least 10 years yet list themselves as 32, 35, 39 etc. :yahoo:

opportunistic theft will always exist, not only in the sex trade. It's why sensible person needs to take precaution by removing temptation from pure view, spreading money between few pockets etc.

But we can't create an impression that by bringing boys specials  home we are at risk of being robbed as this is clearly not a case. 

It's why I have an issue with statement above that 'large percentage are liars and thieves and particularly in BKK".

Clearly trailrider has bad experience and we would like to hear his side of story or he is trying to take us for a ride. 

For now I scream :  ALL YOU NEWCOMERS TO JOYS OF THAILAND DO NOT BE AFRAID,  CHANCES YOU WILL HAVE ANYTHING STOLEN ARE NOT BIGGER THAN IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY WHEN YOU INVITE COMPLETE STRANGER HOME. 

If boy promises to do something and doesn't deliver it may be deliberate lie to land a contract but also lack of chemistry or size / hygiene etc issues.

I would add in 'face-saving'. Anyone who has taken the time to learn about Thai culture knows how important face-saving is to Thai people. Rather than come out with a blunt statement that might offend, Thais are taught not to confront so will often say something evasive, non-offensive, or a downright "lie" (from a Western perspective) so as not to be perceived as disrespectful or confrontational.

I would disagree only in that I don't think it's even close. I suspect the Admirers are much better at lying judging from some of the profiles on Cam4, Camfrog and even GR. Many haven't seen 50 y/o in at least 10 years yet list themselves as 32, 35, 39 etc. :yahoo:

But this is part of adventure - joy of discovery for both sides.

I'm not on those sites but I assume that all users are not really  expecting accuracy with stats and pictures. Just something like "Pattaya is popular family holiday destination on the Gulf of Thailand"

I assume that all users are not really  expecting accuracy with stats and pictures. Just something like "Pattaya is popular family holiday destination on the Gulf of Thailand"

Agreed, but I believe that  there are those "admirers" out there who feel that their own lack of honesty on profiles, "I'll take care of you forever,"  etc. is perfectly acceptable, but hold Thai boys to an entirely different standard. Just looking at the Thai profiles on Gay Romeo, several include some version of "tired of farang lying to me."

Just looking at the Thai profiles on Gay Romeo, several include some version of "tired of farang lying to me."

If that's  a case you and firecat are perfectly correct with your assessments of the said 'admirers '. It must be a frequent occurrence if boys are not afraid of posting such a possibly off-putting statements. 

In defense of both sides I think  due to language barrier  often neither side is lying but what one side said in not exactly what other side heard.

I suspect such a case with me and one of Arena boys in May. After massage , afters and tip boy suggested he will go with me to my room, being jetlagged I refused for that night promising him to come back which I did 2 days later .

Definitely from facial expression he was not happy to see me and did not even take part in usual presentation of masseurs available.   I wonder to this day what went wrong .Only explanation I have for myself is that my 'other day' he interpreted as ' next day ' and when I did not show up he was pissed off

Not that I was loser on this because replacement I found that evening was absolutely my dream come true but that is another story.