zombie

The new Gay Thailand Web Site

Guest buckbee

Yesterday it looks like the top header / logo (logo_gt_new) was updated as well, now the whole site looks complete. Good on ya GT admin... and zombie was the one that kicked GT into action  :good: Now we just need better emoticons

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9313-why-i-have-not-logged-in-for-30-days/

This site, its layout, presentation and content is very boring. It badly needs redesign, some fresh input with interesting topics to get me interested.

I notice that there are more than 600 members. It's a pity that only a tiny proportion are active.

You should ask Firecat about that ... he's an expert on that point of view.

Board looks kind of OK ... slightly Baht-Stop-ish. Nice to see the international prostitute lineup has been ditched, at least from the forum opening page, when logged in. I'll no longer have to avert mine eyes.

The two Thai guys are cute. Will they be recycled occasionally? 

Where'd you get the smart-looking bamboo motif idea?  I've see that somewhere before.

Smiles

Traveller Dave can answer his own question since he has averaged  2 posts per month since he joined and you Smiles have contributed the grand total of 165 posts in almost 8 years.

Your total ignorance shows in regards to the Bamboo but I doubt you'd understand anything about standard web design so I won't bother trying to explain it.

Maybe you'll go back to what you consider the 2 Main Boards and sprinkle your knowledge there.  They certainly need active posters like you!!

Oh and I almost forgot about your demeaning use of the word prostitute, we are safe to assume you have never enlisted the services of prostitutes and therefore I understand why you post anywhere so little, since a good part of these Boards revolves around the use of prostitutes.

Guest abang1961

Mind you, all of us should treat the Thai boys as companions and NOT prostitutes.

Who are we to belittle them?

Without their companionship, where are we to go ......

So dont be rude to them!

Guest buckbee

Its the bamboo, purple and flashes of greenery that make it for me. The more I see it, the more I like it. I think the designer did a great job. In regards to the forum itself, I feel comfortable here now and check back most days and rather than just posting updates to my site (FC69 blew me out about that but I agree with him) I'm trying to contribute albeit in a little way and be a part of the forum discussions here

. Nice to see the international prostitute lineup has been ditched, at least from the forum opening page, when logged in. I'll no longer have to avert mine eyes.

What prostitutes? 

Just for fun I tried to hook with one of them and it turned out he is  only  camera active.

'avert mine eyes" - did you really think this is some parish forum?

Guest buckbee
prostitutes

There just trying to make a living and enjoy life like everyone else, just like a bus driver or office clerk or farmer. I know a guy who works at Tesco, Tesco, Tesco Lotus full time and then at night works the streets part time and does this to survive. Hes a normal guy, funny and bubbly.

Guest abang1961

Furthermore, it takes a lot of courage and mental strength.

Imagine you are a Thai guy approaching a potential friend, what is the probability of being rejected/humiliated/ignored?

I, for one, cannot stomach a rejection well.

Worse as many of them are young and ignorant/deficient in the English language, how are they able to communicate and hold on to this new friend.... would you want to repeat introductions (to new friends) regularly?  

Treat them with utmost respect....not anyone can be working in this line.. especially an old Asian like me!

I look at it as quite dangerous job, going with strangers of unknown health status  to unknown places in order to conduct business.

Will never forget terror in eyes of diminutive boy offed by farang five times his weight from one of soi Twilight bars few years ago.

It turned out well though, next day I saw boy happy back in his bar, bought him a drink and asked how farang was- it turned he just wanted sleep companion. But that look of boy's face night before stays with my memory.