Guest tsubiboy29

going to visit bangkok in May, advice?

Guest tsubiboy29

Recently resigned from the job which i have been doing for 4 years,  booked ticket and hotel, I will go to visit Bangkok by myself in May. The last time I had an overseas trip was 6 years ago. Now you can imagine how excited I am. 

I have never been to Thailand before, I will be staying at Banyan Tree from 12/05 to 16/05.  I am a huge fan of Thai cuisine and massage. Where / what does the locals eat?  Any good massage places?

Thanks a lot

Welcome to the forum.

You may wish to force yourself to go through my post about massages I placed on this forum after November trip

link below

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9350-impressions-from-nov-2013-trip-massage-places-regrets-and-waring-signs/

On top of places mentioned there are two within walking distance from your hotel : Baan Teva and Prince.

Locals eat on the street. Across the Sathorn  Convent Rd is my favorite place for street food in Bangkok but you are never from some food stall there.

rest assured for both massage and food you are in for a treat in Thailand.

Other posters with extensive massage reports from recent trips on this forum are xiluzer and bkkmfj, read what they had to say as well.

Any questions-ask

Guest Hereforme2

April and May are the hottest and most humid times here to the point that you want to confine your activities to the evening hours.

What I found last May is that nothing kept me fresh than mid-day massage in one of air-conditioned places. Most massage places open between 12-3 so this is viable option .

Hereforme is right about climate, I landed at 10 p.m. and it was still +33, be prepared for torrential rains , usually at night but it's not a bad time to visit, Problem with too comfortable hotel may be that you may be tempted to stay in your room most of the time and regret it later

Guest tsubiboy29

a comfortable bed and clean room is a must.  i will trying to have "slow time" in bangkok: sleep in, then have a nice relaxed breakfast, swimming in the pool, massage, dinner/supper, massage again ... not a huge fan of clubbing though, and because i will be travelling alone, its kinda weird of going to clubs/pubs by yourself right? 

thanks guys, esp vinapu, your posts are very useful. anyone else will be in bangkok at the same time? wanna catch up?

Guest chicolby

I haven't been to BKK before, but I am also planning on going in May. I don't see why going to a pub/club by yourself is weird. You're on vacation and if the Thai people are as nice as advertised, it's a great opportunity to meet locals. Alternatively, if you went with a friend or friends, you may limit the number of locals that you would meet because people would be possibly intimidated. 

I am likely going by myself and going to the bars is something I'm quite excited about. 

I was in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, and Pattaya for 25 days by myself in December/January and I had one of the best vacations in my entire life and I met MANY wonderful Thai and Falang people in those 25 days.  So, don't be afraid to travel alone - it is VERY liberating and fun and you will do more exciting things because you are NOT with your friends who might tend to "cramp your style" - as we say in English - in other words - put a limit on what you might be willing to do if you were alone  :good:

so, go and enjoy....

only time I go for vacations with somebody is when I go for an organized trip where everything is pre-arranged and need for quarrels of what to do is thus eliminated.

If you go alone you're free to do what and when you want and meet whoever you like.

Particularly in Bkk when you certainly will be meeting some companions you would be rather discreet about.

Few years ago I was in Bangkok  with a straight friend for a week but we had an arrangements that we part our ways after breakfast and none of us will bring any companions to hotel room we shared. He was whoring at Nana Plaza and soi Cowboy, I was at Patpong  and to this day he doesn't know what side of Patpong I was frequenting.

not a huge fan of clubbing though, and because i will be travelling alone, its kinda weird of going to clubs/pubs by yourself right? 

That depends on where you go. If you go to the popular tourist hangouts in Silom (let's say DJ Station on Soi 2, and Telephone or Balcony on Soi 4), it's easy enough to strike up a conversation. Many guys go there by themselves and to make new friends (for the night or for life, lol), so you wouldn't feel weird. Other clubs and pubs where people usually hang out with their friends are a different story, obviously.

Guest tsubiboy29

haha, i never go clubbing by myself in australia, always go with mates. is may a good season for visiting? yes hot, what about the weather? rainy? sunny? also i am keen to try four hands massage, too expensive in australia. how much do they usually charge in bangkok? any good restaurants you would like to recommend? many thanks

in terms of budgeting, since i will be spending only 5 days in bangkok, so i guess i can spoil myself a bit. 

As far as the weather is concerned, May is typically one of the hotter AND one of the wetter months in Bangkok. Have a look at a climate chart, you'll see what I mean. As you'll probably mostly stay indoors and only plan to stay for 5 days, that shouldn't really spoil your fun though.

Guest chicolby

Just curious, based on the price for 4 hand and using a conversion of 35 baht per dollar it works out to around $30 to house and $60 total in tip. So $90 total for 4 hand massage. Does that price include full sex? What if you just want a hand release? Same tip? I'm only asking because everyone mentions how cheap massage is in Thailand but for $90 it's not incredibly cheaper than say NYC.

Just curious, based on the price for 4 hand and using a conversion of 35 baht per dollar it works out to around $30 to house and $60 total in tip. So $90 total for 4 hand massage. Does that price include full sex? What if you just want a hand release? Same tip? I'm only asking because everyone mentions how cheap massage is in Thailand but for $90 it's not incredibly cheaper than say NYC.

For a normal massage with hand relief, you pay the massage fee, which might be about 400 baht and then there's a smaller tip for hand relief. Some masseurs propose a figure of 500 baht before proceeding with hand relief, so 900 total.  That's going to a professional looking massage place which is unlikely to offer full sex.

I don't use the "full service" massage places.  However, 1000~1500 is the kind of tip that's paid to gogo boys who offer full sex, so I would hope the masseurs are offering exactly the same kind of service for the money.   

Can you really have 1 -1 1/2 hr massage with 2 naked guys   for 90$ in NYC?  Just asking 

Yes 1500 tip per guy  will include full monty providing chemistry will be right 

Guest tsubiboy29

I pay 1000 for happy ending massage, and all boys were happy with that. A bit more than just hand service, but no fucking (yet).

1000 for the massage or just tip? what does a bit more mean? lol like oral?

Guest chicolby

Most Asian spas in NYC offer $60 for one hour massage, always include happy ending. No, the masseurs are usually not naked. $20 for tip is standard. 4 hand massage in these spas is $100. Add tip of $40 and that's $140. Granted this is NOT both or either naked and release is only by hand.

That's why I asked for the comparison. Trust me, I know the going rates for massages in NYC quite well. They are all staffed by (likely illegal) Asian guys who are lucky if they see $20 of the $60 fee.

Guest chicolby

Prices are for one hour. Frankly much beyond that and I'm ready to go anyway. I think an hour and a half or two hours is too long for my own taste.

Most Asian spas in NYC offer $60 for one hour massage, always include happy ending. No, the masseurs are usually not naked. $20 for tip is standard. 4 hand massage in these spas is $100. Add tip of $40 and that's $140. Granted this is NOT both or either naked and release is only by hand.

That's why I asked for the comparison. Trust me, I know the going rates for massages in NYC quite well. They are all staffed by (likely illegal) Asian guys who are lucky if they see $20 of the $60 fee.

do they offer oil or cream massage? hard to be done without undressing for fear of soiling undergarments with greasy residue.

It would be nice  if somebody with first hand experience from both NYC and BKK would do some comparison report here