Nikom

Ambiance Hotel

Guest darkdays

Nobody purchased the Ambiance they are only changing managers and the employees will run the hotel. Tun has been at the hotel 20 years and Pun has been there 7 years so there will be no changes.

As it has not even happened yet you certainly must have some inside information and wish to start the rumour mill going?

Guest joseph44

Ambiance is next to/above BBB

Copa Hotel is above Copa Bar

Cafe Royale is above Cafe Royale

Serene Hotel is behind/above Serene Bar

I received a request from someone who said they speak for the owners of the Ambiance saying this thread was libelous. Can someone please tell me what in this thread is libelous?

I can't see anything libelous at all in the thread; regardless, there's no reason for the thread's existence (given there's been no sale) and maybe it'd be wise just to delete the whole thing.  Perhaps the OP, if he is willing, ought to state exactly why he posted the question (and, if he doesn't respond or fails to give a reasonable answer, then let the moderator do his job). 

Guest darkdays

This is the way vicious rumours start and can possibly cause cancellations or hysteria among long time guests. When Jim and Gordon departed Daniel and Oliver took over and that was some years ago. They are still the owners and there has been no one who has made an offer on the hotel that the owners are even considering. I must agree with Bob, leaving this thread here does nothing and it should be removed since it is not true.

I am also wondering if the person speaking for the owners of the hotel wrote you a private request why did you openly post their contents?

Unless one has some interest in property why exactly we should care who is the owner? Wheteher he is cigar smoking fat guy from Kansas or skinny wrinkled lady from Macao who cares and why?

If sheets are clean and room swept daily this is what we need.

I thought the original poster was talking about when Jim sold it. I didn't think it was anything recent. And, there is nothing libelous in this thread that I have read.

Like others, I don't care who owns a hotel as long as it is good and done right. I have not stayed at any of the gay hotels in this area for 12 years. The only reason is when I tried, the Internet sucked and I could not get any good reception. This most likely has changed over the years and I'm willing to give them another chance but I don't care who owns the place.

As for restaurants, I much prefer the one at the Ambiance to the others in the area. I really liked the manager there and the food is excellent. The Cafe Royale has great food as well so both of the food places I like. Perhaps on my next trip I'll give the Internet a try again as I am sure things have changed in 12 years.

There's nothing remotely libelous in this thread.   

Would be interesting to know precisely where they think the problem lies.  If the request is credible, the person making it will explain precisely what is causing the problem and why.   If not, just ignore it.

Guest darkdays

As stated above if a thread is started by someone and the content is untrue why leave the thread up if it has the possibility to cause the business one cancellation it becomes a libelous post and damages can be sought. Are you not aware of Thailand law and how abosutely crazy it is z909? The law states that even if the accusation is true you can be sued for libel. As the thread is completely false I see no reason why Scooby wants to leave it up.

Michael: I have again read the OPs post and there is nothing in it  to point to 3 years ago when Jim sold the place so how you determined that is beyond me. I and others would think that the hote was just now sold.

Guest darkdays

I just thought of this add on.

Shall we say that someone comes on the board and states that Scoobie is really in fact Michael or that Scoobie has sold the board to someone. If in fact it is untrue should the false thread stay there? I don't think so.

Shall we say that someone comes on the board and states that Scoobie is really in fact Michael 

Now that most definitely would be libelous.  Now, as to who has the cause of action, I won't say...hehe.

(humor guys.....and the kind of humor that ought to disappear with the entire thread).

Am I the only person bored senseless reading the word libel being thrown about all over the place on gay forums of late... a lot of crap, some people need to have a word with themselves and chill out, we're here ( well most of us are) for a bit of light hearted fun not a legal symposium on who said what when and whether one has a case to sue or not. Thankfully we're not ALL wedded to that American (or Thai) style of living and suing on a whim "just yet" and most people can move beyond such needless idiocy of having such shallow  threatening conversations - and yes I know Thai libel law...the most harsh thing ever etc etc, yes we've all heard it a million times, but REALLY do we need to keep going on about it and talking about veiled threats and the chances of such actions taking place, especially over a simple posts like "who's the owner of a hotel' etc.

I mean if the person who was so concerned to post the board owner in the first place simply posted to the board "hey, I'm the owner ( or represent them as they implied), and they / I have been the owner now for ages so we do hope you all drop in for a beer or a meal sometime when passing" -  job done, we all know the truth" and they get bit of free PR in to the bargain for their business too, but hell no, sure lets all talk about possible libel proceedings instead as that's much more interesting - sigh :-(  

I just hope no restaurant critic ever calls to ANY restaurant in Thailand to write a piece on their food as at the rate libel is talked about on the boards of late the poor chap will be in court before his dessert is even wheeled out to him ! 

The question was not who are the owners of the Ambiance but who bought the Ambiance, a big difference. It's clever rumor spreading and this thread should be removed.

The question makes no mention of a recent sale. 

As this may be applying to some known sale in the distant past, I don't see what rumours are spread by this.

I just thought of this add on.

Shall we say that someone comes on the board and states that Scoobie is really in fact Michael or that Scoobie has sold the board to someone. If in fact it is untrue should the false thread stay there? I don't think so.

You sound like someone who has a vested interest in this place. Do tell us please, what that interest is? Or, isn't?

As far is your statement above, this rumor has been on the site before and your comment most likely won't be deleted or removed. Why? Well, people in Pattaya like to gossip. I know this must be news to you but asking who bought a business with no date or statement of when it was could have been 10 years back. I didn't find it a bad question and thus why I answered and actually said the place was great. I guess good comments about a business (yours or not yours) should be deleted? No, I think often threads take on a life of their own and good things can become of even the ones that start off bad.

I am sure the owners of the Ambiance would be happy to know so many on the board like their place and go there for beds and food. Right? Or, I am still missing the point?

Guest darkdays

Michael grow up and stop pretending that you don't see what the issue is here it is quite immature and I have no ownership in this place. I say again, grow up and get your ead out of your toot!

Michael grow up and stop pretending that you don't see what the issue is here it is quite immature and I have no ownership in this place. I say again, grow up and get your ead out of your toot!

Luckily I am not easily offended. I am apparently more grown up than you as you are asking me to my head out of my ass (I think that is what you said). I don't result to that kind of childish talk so there is only one of us that needs to grow up and it ain't me.

Owning the Ambiance and having a vested interest in it are two totally different things. Don't play semantics and think everyone buys into it. I don't know who you are and I don't care who you are or if you are a part of the hotel or another hotel or a bar in the area or even if you the owner of another website. I don't know who the original poster is and I don't care who he is either. I have never been able to keep up with all the personalities of the message boards and I never will. It is nothing personal at all. But, I don't remember you as a poster on this site in other threads and when I see you start to attack me for disagreeing with you, I have to wonder why.

As for the issue, I honestly did not see an issue with the first post or any other in this thread. You do. We disagree. Does that mean I have my head up my ass? One of the reasons I post so little on the gay Thailand related websites is because of people like you are can't have a rational debate and get offended when someone disagrees with you. Part of life is learning how to have a rational debate without name calling and throwing a tantrum.