Guest Aussiebi14

Best gay accom in Pattaya

It's inappropriate for a person of any faith to sleep in a Muslim prayer room.

I saw Muslim men sleeping or at least napping in the mosqes in such diverse places like liberal Morocco, secular Turkey and strictly islamic Iran so I'd  replace " any ' with  ' non-muslim'.

Guest ronnie4you

My last stay at the Ambiance was a couple of years ago, so I hope they have gotten rid of the bugs and cleaned the semen-stained sheets. Oh wait, they had cleaned the sheet, the stain didn't come out though, but they put it on the bed anyway.

I saw Muslim men sleeping or at least napping in the mosqes in such diverse places like liberal Morocco, secular Turkey and strictly islamic Iran so I'd  replace " any ' with  ' non-muslim'.

A perfectly valid opinion, vinapu. A prayer room at the airport isn't a "hostel of convenience", though (IMHO) although I've read of the less fortunate sleeping in actual churches of different stripes. 

As for the original topic (best gay hotel in Pattaya) I'd put in a votes for Baan Dok Mai and Poseidon.

As for the original topic (best gay hotel in Pattaya) I'd put in a votes for Baan Dok Mai and Poseidon.

You must be right, out of curiosity I just checked and Baan Dok Mai is already full for Christmas / 24-27.12 / , 5 months ahead.

So bottom line is , recession , junta,  whatever but if somebody is planning vacations it pays to book well in advance   to get best value places.

Small budget guesthouses like Baan Dok Mai, have a regular following and always best to book early. A better reflection on the coming high season would be places like Ambiance, Poseidon, Baan Souy, etc. Currently in Pattaya I talked to to a straight small guesthouse owner and he reports typical occupancy this time of year is 30-40%. Last week he had absolutely zero guests and high season bookings were off 30%.

As for the Muslim prayer room, just make sure that the nap you take is long enough, to give your beard time to grow before emerging from the room. And keep all sexual activity there below the dreaded "sodomy" threshold. ;)

Small budget guesthouses like Baan Dok Mai, have a regular following and always best to book early. A better reflection on the coming high season would be places like Ambiance, Poseidon, Baan Souy, etc. Currently in Pattaya I talked to to a straight small guesthouse owner and he reports typical occupancy this time of year is 30-40%. Last week he had absolutely zero guests and high season bookings were off 30%.

You may be correct - checked Tarntawan offers on Agoda for the same dates 24-27.12 and noticed that they dropped prices a bit compare to April quotations. At least it's good to know that businesses are reacting to perceived lower demand by dropping prices.

Hope soi Twilight bar owners will notice and react

I really tried to sleep in the prayer room. The light was on all night (can't sleep with light), and even worse I got cold feet (had to take off my shoes), so I went somewhere else (low light, shoes on) to sit and doze.

(The Christian (name) - Christian (religion) was a pun, glad you got it.)

Guest joe552

All of this might raise the question of why there aren't Christian or Jewish prayer rooms at airports?   Or perhaps there are but I've never noticed because I'm looking for the smoking room?

Guest abang1961

One of the better airports to sleep overnight is ... surprisingly, mine...I mean Changi Airport in Singapore.

There are feet massagers along the walkway.....

And the temperature of the air-conditioning is just right...

All of this might raise the question of why there aren't Christian or Jewish prayer rooms at airports?   Or perhaps there are but I've never noticed because I'm looking for the smoking room?

Most  airport prayer rooms in the West are really multi - denominational, Tel Aviv has  Jewish one, Warsaw has Catholic one, Middle Eastern countries have mosques, no shock here, even nominally secular Turkey

Just came across this website:

http://www.thevacationwanderer.com/2013/04/25/sleeping-on-airport-floors-ugh-travel-tip/

Napcabs are small sleeping cubicles located in the Munich airport in Germany that you can rent for fifteen Euros an hour between the hours of 0600 – 2200 (6:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M.) and ten Euros an hour between the hours of 2200 – 0600 (10:00 P.M. – 6:00 A.M.  Napcabs afford you a place to catch up on some sleep without having to leave the terminal building.

Yes, it really says 10 or 15 Euro per hour (!!!) (There is internet and a complimentary bottle of water.) For 10 or 15 Euros per hour (!!!) I will happily sleep on the floor, on a bench or in the Muslim prayer room (why do Muslims get a prayer room and Christians don't get a sleeping room?)