Guest Aussiebi14

Best gay accom in Pattaya

Guest Aussiebi14

Hey gents I'm planning my second trip to Pattaya this year and wanted some advise on what is the best place to stay. On my last trip I stayed at the ambiance which was good location but not the nicest hotel I have stayed in. No disrespect intended but next time I'd like to try a nicer place that is boy friendly. Any suggestions ?

Guest Aussiebi14

I'm thinking October

I'm flexible on budget I do like the idea of skinny thai boys in the underwear on a balcony overlooking the ocean like in ur pics firecat

On my last trip I stayed at the ambiance which was good location but not the nicest hotel I have stayed in. No disrespect intended but next time I'd like to try a nicer place that is boy friendly.

I wouldn't mind to hear what you did not like about Ambiance / service . room size . noise, etc.? /  as I was thinking about it for my next trip.

Now that you know who is no longer sitting out on the verandah of the Ambiance, it is also back on my list. Ok, it's not 5 star but the rooms were nice enough - only used for sex and sleeping- and it was always very clean. The staff there were very nice,too and I was not particularly bothered by any noise from the soi. Others, apparently, have been bothered by that.

All in all, it's definitely a place I always enjoyed staying at.

Sure, some hotels may be "boy friendly" but some of us are concerned about bringing back a guy and having to endure the derisive stares of the other guests, especially when in the elevator. I imagine the boy would feel uncomfortable, too. Staying at a specifically gay hotel solves that problem.

Since 1/2 the people in the elevator will probably be girls from Walking Street, I never could care less!!

Funny how different people can feel about the same thing. I stayed in Ambiance my first trip and never returned. It was fine and clean etc.

I just hated everyone on the street knowing who I was with and when and then once they knew every boy knew .(Boy Telegraph)

Guest abang1961

There are tons of better accommodation in Pattaya.. there is absolutely NO need to stay within the Boys enclave..

A short walk away, you have the Marriot and other better class hotels... Personally, I would like to stay at Hilton...

Now that you know who is no longer sitting out on the verandah of the Ambiance, it is also back on my list. Ok, it's not 5 star but the rooms were nice enough - only used for sex and sleeping- and it was always very clean.

Sure, some hotels may be "boy friendly" but some of us are concerned about bringing back a guy and having to endure the derisive stares of the other guests, especially when in the elevator. I imagine the boy would feel uncomfortable, too. Staying at a specifically gay hotel solves that problem.

While I understand why people are treating themselves with nice hotels on vacations personally as long as hotel is clean, A/C and plumbing works and is close to main attraction and transportation it works for me and I'm glad not  spend too much on such a qualities.

I like  your note that boy would feel uncomfortable  being stared at so even if we don't care about   us being stared it's nice to remember we are not alone.

Since 1/2 the people in the elevator will probably be girls from Walking Street, I never could care less!!

Funny how different people can feel about the same thing. I stayed in Ambiance my first trip and never returned. It was fine and clean etc.

I just hated everyone on the street knowing who I was with and when and then once they knew every boy knew .(Boy Telegraph)

It may be an issue and is one of reasons on every trip I 'm changing hotels every 2-3 nights. Not that I care what people on verandas and  bar stools are thinking but at times boys were complaining about being tipped less that boy I had yesterday so obviously telegraph was working.

But for couple days stay any place in Boyztown is nice for me just to soak in the atmosphere. Not many places like that in the whole wide world.

It's actually very good that  people have different feeling about the same thing, keeps everybody busy and life colorful.

It may be an issue and is one of reasons on every trip I 'm changing hotels every 2-3 nights.

Which hotels have you tried in Pattaya?

Which hotels have you tried in Pattaya?

I'm Bangkok fan and was in PTY only once  / two days  last year / , staying at Le Cafe Royale.

Will return for 3 days at end of year  to Le Cafe again. If  staying  longer  would move to another hotel for another 2-3 days, likely in Sunee area. 

I was not that impressed with Pattaya at first glance but it was actually you or anonone commenting on my thread who  asked me  to give Pattaya a chance so I decided to follow advice and return.

Regarding the Ambiance Hotel where I have stayed several times. The minus factor of late night noise varies according to the position of the room. During my last stay I was troubled by noise from a karioki bar which went on till about 4am, but this did not seem to affect guests in other locations. If noise is likely to Be an issue asking for a "quiet room" would be a good idea.

A gay hotel in a very quiet location would be the Samsuk where I am planning to stay in August. This has the asset of including free entrance to the sauna and a small pool. I like to spend a little time beside a pool during the day often with my "boyfriend du jour ", and i don't like this so much at a non gay hotel due to the stare factor.

I've tried Sunee hotels once.  Convenient but not my style.  I will always stay in Jomtien when in Pattaya.  I have had great stays and fun times at the Poseidon, the Bondi, Tui's, and the straight Rabbit Inn with its private bungalows.  While I would never swim in that water, I do like the beach, and Jomtien has great host bars and food.  In fact, when Passcal ran the restaurant at Poseidon it was my all time favorite.   Bruno's is another great place to dine, and tui's is great for Thai food.

I'm Bangkok fan and was in PTY only once  / two days  last year / , staying at Le Cafe Royale.

Will return for 3 days at end of year  to Le Cafe again. If  staying  longer  would move to another hotel for another 2-3 days, likely in Sunee area. 

I was not that impressed with Pattaya at first glance but it was actually you or anonone commenting on my thread who  asked me  to give Pattaya a chance so I decided to follow advice and return.

Vinapu, Sunee is not your choice of boys :)

Although, if you are just trying new locations, why not... I vote for Jomtien too, but I could say nothing about hotels, because I stay in condos, booking them through Airbnb. Just once stayed at Bamboo's guesthouse, maybe repeat it in the end of July.

Vinapu, Sunee is not your choice of boys :)

This is what I suspect unfortunately for boys but one never knows until tries, sometimes warm sincere smile outweighs shortage in muscle department, I mean literally muscle as 'that'  muscle size is not my concern.

And Sunee is only short walk or  motocy hop to say,  A-Bomb 

Guest LoveThailand

I have visited Sunee only a few times but was able to find quite a few guys to my liking - and I am such a NOT twink lover. :) Of course the choice is much better for me in Boyztown.

Guest finally

I stayed at the Ambiance and IMHO it was not really good value for money. The furniture was old and the bathroom ...especially shower area...pretty small. On the other hand the staff was very friendly and food (great ABF) really good. At night there was terrible noise ....birthday party at Copa(?)..until 4 am. I left after 2 nights and moved to the "Venue", very friendly staff, nice furniture and very clean. Besides there is a nice pool, the dancers and singers of the Venue are there in the afternoon "exercising" for the evening show. Nice crowd and eye candy. The Venue usally has promotions during low season , check their website

I agree with finally that very late noise is a minus factor at the Ambiance, otherwise I think it's a very excellent hotel for the gay guest. Why can some bars can make noise at 4am, but the others have to stop the music at 2am ?. When I checked out last October before the date I had specified in my reservation the desk clerk asked me why. His reaction told me that my action was not an isolated occurence.

In Sunee I have stayed at the Don Plaza which I have found to be fine, and of course it's convenient if offing boys from there, and if you like twinks. Noise seems to cease in Sunee earlier than in Boystown.

Several years ago I had a room at the back of the Ambiance and noise levels were fine. 

However, as I cannot really guarantee which room I get given, this tends to put me off going back.

Any hotel facing a noisy street really should fit double glazing with proper seals,  thick panes and a 100mm air gap.  I don't know if any of the hotels on that street have done this?

Reducing structural noise from bars below would be more difficult.

You should check Xboys and Xboysland as well, not only A-bomb :)

Although I agree now, that BKK is better for muscle bodies search

I was there only 2 full days and visited only 3 bars / ABomb, Xboysland and BoyzBoyZBoyz / twice / and from I saw there was enough  well built guys and smiling to keep my wallet occupied for several days   and there's several more so no hope lost certainly.

Several years ago I had a room at the back of the Ambiance and noise levels were fine. 

However, as I cannot really guarantee which room I get given, this tends to put me off going back.

Any hotel facing a noisy street really should fit double glazing with proper seals,  thick panes and a 100mm air gap.  I don't know if any of the hotels on that street have done this?

Reducing structural noise from bars below would be more difficult.

Last Nov I was  in Cafe Royale and definitely no problems with noise seeping to the room, I'd notice if there was some as both nights my boys did not keep me occupied  as much as I wish / and paid for /.

So later this year I will return to the same place

Guest abang1961

I am thinking of taking a short break in August and guess what, flights to Thailand seems to be "very" available.

A ticket on AirAsia for Phuket (just an hour and 50 mins away from Singapore) is SGD 48 or USD 35...and to Bangkok, just SGD 58.... all taxes inclusive.

Wow times are really bad... so to all the big spenders, do your best to make the Thais happier....

And ready or not, I am coming ....