mikeyrke

Planning a trip to Thailand 1st time.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this is and apologize if it isn't. I am new to the forums this is my first post. I love reading the stories and blog posts of others about how exciting Thailand is. My partner and I are planning on going this April but instead it may be put off to the end of the year because my work may not want me to have a 2-week vacation during the first half of the year. But I would just like some general recommendations for when we do go I like to have things well planned in advance as I am sure two weeks will seem to not be enough time.

We are an open couple and we are in our 20's but both look even younger (esp the b/f) (get carded to see rated R movies like we could possibly be 17 or under). But unlike most other young people we know we like the older ways of hooking up, cruising a park and picking up someone, bookstores, strip bars, public places etc.. So we think Thailand will be perfect and the idea of hiring money boys is a huge turn on to both of us as well.  But we plan on this being a sex vacation with some sight seeing mixed in as it will also be our first time to anywhere in Asia. And we will prob need a day or two break every once in a while of picking up boys. We are mainly interested in Bangkok and Pattaya or have been able to read much more about the nightlife and sex culture there than in other areas. What would you guys recommend are any of the other cities as much fun as those two? What are the major sites we have to see even if it means a few days away from those areas? Also is it weird for a couple to pick up bar boys and or boys in the park? I am sure some boys wouldn't be interested but hopefully we could explain it and maybe sometimes pick up two boys as well. And if you give recommendations on towns/areas please include hotels I have read that some wont allow you to take local people to your room and that some charge a fee or give you a hassle while others don't. I am sure I will have many more questions and hope I can learn a lot from you guys and by reading more forums. And hopefully be able to contribute our own experiences after we visit and hopefully get to visit at least yearly. Also has the coup caused any troubles for this industry or is it still thriving as much as it can with tourism down? 

One last thing is if we can't go in April we are thinking of going somewhere more local for a week instead, I have seen people mention Brazil is that the closest place to America with legal moneyboys? If so any information on it would be appreciated as well or links to forums.

April, that refers to 2015? Or you wanted to go this April (2014) and had to postpone?

The current political changes won't affect you (but there could be more changes by April 2015). In April, there is Songkran (Thai new year), and that can have a huge influence (good or bad) on your holiday.

Guest abang1961

Seriously you dont have to go the moneyboy route...

I am speaking from my own personal experience in Bangkok and Pattaya.

There are scores of interesting and droolworthy guys in their local saunas and DJ stations.

I was cruised many times during one such single visit to the Babylon Sauna last Monday.

Mind you, I am not young but I still get their attention.... so weird when I told them I preferred farangs (GWM)...

the disappointment on their faces...worth a million bucks..

Any time is a good time to go ... (weather is unpredictable)  ..If you are booking for flights, check out the regional budget airlines Air Asia.  I flew from Bangkok to Phuket for THB 900 (about USD 30) one way...  

You only have 2 weeks so 2 destinations are the most you should try to do. Bangkok and Pattaya are your 2 best destination since SEX is a large component of your trip. Bangkok is just a great city and Pattaya has lots of boys.

Abang is right if you are young and cute you will not have to pay but for some there is a thrill to paying for what you want. Probably you can count on both happening to you.

Need to correct you about legality. Prostitution is not legal in Thailand or Brazil. it is looked on with a blind eye as it is in most of the world.

As far as where to stay, it is impossible to answer without knowing your budget?

Guest surfcrest

firecat69 is correct, money boys are illegal in Brazil...as they technically are as well in Thailand.

The closest money boys to America (With the exception of the commercial boys in both the US and Canada) would probably be along the Malecon in Havana, Cuba.

I think you'd have a lot more fun in Thailand if you are looking for more entertainment than just prostitution, but that's only my opinion.

Surfcrest

If you never been to Asia , Bangkok is perfect introduction as is exotic enough and has all trimmings of world class city at the same time.

If you are planning April visit keep in mind not only Songkran but also fact that this is hottest month in Thailand.

With 2 weeks at disposal  Bangkok and Pattaya should keep you occupied, if you want top get away from the scene I'd recommend  day trip to Ayuthaya and 1-2 days hop to Kachanaburi  of  River Kwai bridge fame.

When taking commercial boys make sure they understand there are two of you to avoid scenes and nasty surprises.

As for accommodation I'd  definitely stay in Silom area, close to transportation, very central and most of gay life is right there so you can walk to all points of interest and it won't be boring walk, rest assured.

Without knowing your budget it's hard to recommend particular hotels but at low and still comfortable end Om Yim & Natra Silom are in 900-1100 range , if you are looking for more comfort Tartawan and Rose are at 2000 range. For fun nothing beats BBB Inn at 1320 as place is right on the back of Soi Twilight where most bars are located and has it's own massage boys on premises so there are always some activities.

For more upscale hotels others will chip in with their recommendations if you ask.

In all mentioned you will not have any problems with  bringing visiting boys.

Don't pay any attention to us old hands complaining that shows in bars are boring as for newcomers nothing can be father from truth IMHO, try to see at least few.

Don't forget Thailand is land of massages and there's plenty of places where you can have good massage by handsome boy  of your choice with happy ending   and more id desired.

You will have fun like all of us here had

I find Atlanta to be terrible at least for twinks!!

I was surprised recently in Ft. Lauderdale boy bar. A lad approached me and my hand cupped his butt checks, which

were very stubbly. A few other boys/men had more hair on their butts than I have on my (tmi). The Latin men are

the hottest for me and there are quite a few but bars were light on twinks.

Skinny works for most gay farangs but I'll pass on the skinny twinks every time.

Fortunately, many are more manly in thai lam and there's something for everyone.

Thanks for all the responses, I will try to respond to everyone who asked a question. Christian it's actually next April that we may have to postpone (2015) but it is still a possibility I will know for sure in October but if we do it would be put off until the end of next year or early 2016. .I didn't expect April to be the hottest month, what month would be best for first time visiting (as you also mentioned the New Year) things to consider are we don't want to be there at the busiest time, nor the most dead time something in the middle where we could get around but yet everything wouldn't be closed/dead. And cooler would be better (I know cool is a relative term when it comes to a country on the Equator). 

Thanks Abang for the recommendations on flights and about the advice about money boys. It would be nice to have some hookups just happen and it be in that nature I am sure we will go to some normal bars and that would be great. But I think the mix would be best like firecat mentioned and there is something about picking a guy out and helping him/paying for it that is a turn on to us. Also that is nice to know about the legalities do they ever arrest people for it in either place that you guys have heard of or as long as you make sure they are over 18 you are pretty safe? And thanks surfcrest we will keep that in mind and will try to work in as many other non sexual activities as we can as well during the two weeks :). As for our budget it is Thailand and much I have read talk about how cheap you can do things there for so I would like to remain within a reasonable limit or spend less on the hotels and more on fun but at the same time don't really want shared rooms/hostel type situations. Something comparable to a Holiday Inn (clean bed, hot water, private bathroom etc...) would more than suffice as we would mainly be out exploring. But if there is a really fancy hotel that people shouldn't pass up while there because it's so much cheaper than in America a couple nights at that would be fun as well. As far as Budget would like something in the range of lower than $80 usd for most nights. I mainly just want to make sure we wouldn't be harassed for bringing a local or couple locals back to the room. 

Also I don't think I would do anything in America with money boys there seem to be more a chance of stings here than in most places (or tourism towns in other countries that turn a blind eye as you say to it) even in the small town we live in see newspaper articles a couple times a year of them arresting johns or prostitutes (normally straight but still). How risky is Canada kokopelli and can you off boys there as well or is it just more strip bar kind of deal? And vinapu thanks for the detailed post. I had ran across the Rose hotel and it looks nice in the photos online and seems reasonable. The BBB Inn's locations sounds great would it be a place you would stay at for a week or is it more of like a place to go to for a one night hookup? Also one last thing if anyone here knows is the "straight" district in Bangkok anywhere near the gay area a friend may meet us there when we visit and was thinking if they are side by side we could at least be in same hotel and just go to our selected areas at night or are they separated by too much distance? 

Sorry to chime in here but prostitution is legal in Brazil. There is a legal right for one to sell sex and thus why so many saunas are around. The saunas in Brazil are also legal and under no way illegal.

The illegality of prostitution comes only when a 3rd party (Pimp) is involved. Then, that is illegal. As long as the transaction is between 2 consenting adults, there is no issue. That is also the reason that the sauna boys pay a fee to get into the sauna. They are customers there as well.

Weather wise coolest months are also busiest  / Dec -Jan /  but even in low season nothing is closed and all attractions are operational, less competition for the boys and there are plenty who prefer low season.

To answer your question I'd stay a week in BBB Inn, although I like changing places  and try never to  stay more that 3 nights in one place, in fact on every trip I use that place , last Nov twice at both ends of trip. Booked already the same  for my next trip.

Straight district Patpong is just across the street form soi Twilight where most of gay bars are located and sports even one gay bar- Screwboys in the midst of all girlie bars. So you can f....k   your boys and your friend his girls in the same hotel.

I doubt he would be opting for BBB Inn as it has this exclusive gay feeling but if he is adventurous, why not.

Last Nov I was 2 nights in Pavillion Place right in Patpong and neither staff nor other residents mind me bringing boys there , business is business.

Other straight districts are Nana Plaza and soi Cowboy along Sukhumvit, not really that far from Silom and easily accessible by both MRT / underground / and BTS / overhead / railways not to mention taxis and motorsais / moto taxis /  

As long as you stay clear from underaged don't worry about running into legal problems by hiring and bringing boys back to the hotel.  

Your straight friend won't have any problem. 3 minute walk from the Main Gay area to the Lady GoGo"s.

I DON'T THINK ANYONE HAS EVER BEEN ARRESTED as long as their boy was 18 and be sure of it. I lived in Montreal for 6 years and some of the GoGo boys will meet you at your Hotel for the right price but definitely not all of them . But of course your age and looks could make quite a difference for the Gay Boys (many are not)

$80 can get you some very nice Hotels and you can get more then adequate Hotels for considerably less. Suggest you look at Booking.com and Silom area.

Guest mercator28

Hello, I had some similar questions to the original poster so will ask them here. I am traveling to Bankok/Thailand next month. I have been there before but it was with a straight group so we sampled none of the boys/gay life.

I am a man in my 30s who really likes guys munch younger than me. I also love Asian boys. Will I need to "rent" a boy while in Thailand or will there be boys attracted to me without having to pay? What is considered "too young"? I mean, I don't want any children but certainly like guys from their teens and older, is that considered ok?

And will I need to go on to the street to find them? Are there certain bars or areas?

I am also open to traveling elsewhere in the country.

Thank you, DW

You can find boys who are attracted to you, mainly in saunas and discos, but there is no guarantee. You can try online as well, but for me it has become a waste of time (poor pictures, long distances and traffic jam in Bangkok - but not in Pattaya!, general unreliability).

If you want daytime company, renting is the best solution.

And will I need to go on to the street to find them? Are there certain bars or areas?

Take a look at older posts in this or other forums for bar reviews.