williewillie

Double Shot in Sunee Plaza

don't be harsh on Christian, lots of customers are sitting on their hands when boys are circulating for tips

I am like Christian, with a heart not of ice but of dry ice (-78.5 deg.C) when it comes to institutionalized solicitations.  In a church it takes me a microsecond to pass the collection plate to the next in line, and all the abundant mail I get asking for money goes straight into the garbage.

Although I'm willing to kick in some baht if the guys but on a good show, I feel the same as steveboy when it comes to mail solicitations.

When I moved into my current home several years ago, I was--and remain--bombarded with pleas from organizations across the board. Biggest mistake was filing a change of address form with post office. My age (from voter registration data at old address) and new zip code and address made me a prime candidate.

Lesson learned: if I had simply just notified those that I wanted to (or needed to) get mail from I would have been better off. Even the old junk mail would have become undeliverable.

I rarely visit this bar anymore because much higher prices than other beerbars in Sunee. Last time I visited I was charged 150 baht for a vodkadrink and 150 for boydrink. Usual cost is 80 in the surrounding beerbars and boydrinks 100. This makes Double shot even more expensive than the two nearby agogos.

They have good happy hour prices at 60 baht until 9 pm however.

Regardless of the price of drinks, Double Shot is a tremendous asset to Sunee Plaza and deserves to be patronized. And the drinks are indeed strong! 

Other beer bars in Sunee offer drinks at 100 Baht and up (my experience). Go-go bar drinks are more expensive, in general.

I rarely visit this bar anymore because much higher prices than other beerbars in Sunee. Last time I visited I was charged 150 baht for a vodkadrink and 150 for boydrink. Usual cost is 80 in the surrounding beerbars and boydrinks 100. This makes Double shot even more expensive than the two nearby agogos.

They have good happy hour prices at 60 baht until 9 pm however.

I partly disagree with this hanan. The only negative regarding the pricing of spirits, vodka, whisky, gin etc.. in DS is that essentially you have to buy a minimum of two drinks, as part of the 'double Shot' measure they serve in the Bt150 price. When priced as an individual drink, a top-shelf vodka with half bottle of freshly opened original coke at Bt75 is easily competitive with any of the other bars. When I go to Double Shot I usually have the vodka/coke, I receive 2 glasses and split the large double measure with the bottle of the fresh coke. A DS measure in one glass is too strong for my taste.

I visit here regularly as I do most of the other Sunee bars during a visit, and always enjoy a stop off here during the evening. Also if you are a night-bird DS can be found open well into to wee hours of the morning. Not sure the pricing of wine and beer, but on spirits DS is a great option in my experience. 

alaan, I have not seen the two glass situation at DS, lately. Just a healthy (555) pour of booze in one glass.

What is not a bargain is wine which is an ordinary glass priced at about 150 Baht compared to 100 Baht elsewhere.  

Just to clarify kokopelli, you do get served the large DS in a single glass but as I've been going there since it opened they know just to give me another glass with only some ice and I split the double myself, I don't know if they actually use a measure there but sometimes even the double I get is a rather large double, probably more like a triple. Also the Belgian boss often sends over a top-up on the house without asking if I want one, so land up drinking more than I normally do in one bar. 

I wasn't sure about the wine or beer as I just stick to vodka/gin there, that's why I emphasised only the spirits were good value, I suspected the wine/beer might be above the surrounding bar average pricing. I'm never in there before 9pm so no happy hour beer pricing for me!  

Also agree Double Shot is a tremendous asset to the Plaza, things would be even darker without it. 

I suspected the wine/beer might be above the surrounding bar average pricing. I

Correct beers are 100 Bt each, but you get the odd free one from the owner, so I don't mind.

In my opinion one of the better bars in Sunee and they don't close before 3, often far later!