williewillie

Funny Boys Gogo Bar on Pattayland Soi 3 (Boyztown )

Funny Boys a long time standard in Boyztown. Extremely comfortable seating, usually a large

number of handsome boys on a central stage. Same ownership as Panarama and discount

cards available. No tobacco smoking. Long time mamasan Rose has left much to the

chagrin of many farangs.

That bar used to have maybe 40 or 50 boys, of whom I could class about 10 as exceptionally cute twinks. 

More recently the numbers are down to single figures and the bar is probably best suited to those who want a larger and more mature figure.  

I think there was a change of ownership a couple of years ago.  Alleged suicide of the owner, or something like that. 

It has gone downhill since then.  What was my favourite bar is no longer worth visiting. 

Old  hands are lamenting downhill slide but I liked what I saw in December and bar far from collapsing as far as I'm concerned,

well patronized that night and nice selection of boys, only reason I did not off any was  earlier arrangement with certain axe murderer from BBB to fill that night

Everyone was not enamored with Rose, who could be a bitch and turn off easily. Agree he was a brilliant mamasan but also

agree with vin, Funny boys still a great boy Gogo bar filled with hot Thai guys, just not a skinny twink bar.

One can buy a partnership as the farang owner is ailing and is looking for a partner or full sale.

The 'alleged' suicide of a former partner is a fact and was a cause of much vicious gossip on gaythailand forums.

Well unless things have changed since December trying to say FunnyBoys is even close to its former self is ridiculous. 8-10 guys 3 different times I stuck my head during December and prime time 930 or so.

Before Rose left if you got there early at 830pm he would have had at least 40 boys or more while Toy Boys was not even up and running yet.

No idea what world you are in talking about a skinny twink bar. It was never that.  Sure it had a good sample of twinks ( but very few skinny young twinks)and I'll admit very little ABomb type muscle but referring to it like it used to be a SunnyBoys or Dreamboys is just plain ridiculous. It was never that kind of Bar. In fact since I do like the younger look, there were very few of those in Funnyboys

You could always count on Rose remembering you and finding a seat for you when crowded and then just leaving you alone unless you asked for help . That is what a good manager does. Along with a cold towel and some peanuts. Easiest the classiest place in Pattaya.

A very good farang friend of mine agrees in part with firecat. He liked the way the bar and boys were before and doesn't

go to Funny anymore.

Firecat misinterrupted my post as I never said Funny was a skinny twink bar before, nor did I

compare it to Sunny or Dream Boys. It's manly guys and lots of them, perhaps fewer than under Rose but still plenty

and many are stunners. No boy bar is for everyone and every taste.

I could harp on for years about when Wild West Boys was incredible and how it completely lost its way but the way things

were years ago are now just fading memories. The present is still incredible and boybars like Funny Boys are still great.

Most Farangs prefer Toy Boys, where the boys are thinner and more boyish, but for this poster Funny Boys is more my style.

There are enough bars and boys for everyone.

Go back 3 years and Funny Boys had a reasonably diverse range of boys.

There were slim twinky types, not the skinny or anorexic ones, but certainly enough to appeal to those of us who like slim twinks.

They also had larger boys.  They still have larger boys & the slim twinky ones have gone.

That is why Vinapu likes it and I don't.   3 years ago, we both would have been happy customers.  

I suppose they now get by on a reduced turnover.  Mamasan Rose has apparently moved to Korea, according to a Funny Boy who I have met a few times.

We went to Funny Boys tonight to kill some time before the 10:30 Boyzboyzboyz show.

I noticed a lad wearing a jock strap on stage and looked in. The a/c is superb and there were many

boys in addition to the bare cheeked lad in the jock strap. First time in a long time that Funny boys

was comparable to Toy Boys, with many attractive twink types and several bigger boys.

Btw, Boyzboyzboyz was sensational as usual with 90 % Chinese audience. Show was chockablock hard cocks.

We stopped in Toy Boys, early and the bar was quiet. The papasan told us more boys were coming and sure enough

many more boys arrived by 9:30pm. The papasan told us that there were many new boys but no new farangs.

He also said that Funny Boys did have 25+ boys a few days, they were slipping back to about 15 boys. He also

commented that the new Cupidol was chock full of boys and asked us about boyzboyzboyz.

After the boyzboyzboyz show, we passed by Toy Boys again and there were a dozen or more hot looking shirtless guys out front.

Boyztown quiet tonight and few to no Chinese for a change. First time in a long time that us older farangs were in the majority

at boyzboyzboyz show.

Sad, but with its location, another boy bar will almost certainly open before high season.

Xboys, almost alone two sois away, would be a great addition to Pattayaland soi 3 or A-Bomb Boys

on Pattayaland soi 2.

Inspiration comes from Cupidol Boys move to Pattayaland soi 3.