Guest Motel69

What's the going rate for a taxi brom Bangkok to Pattaya?

Guest Motel69

I can find several taxi services via a Google search but would like some recommendations from anyone who has made this trip via taxi.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you.

I can find several taxi services via a Google search but would like some recommendations from anyone who has made this trip via taxi.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you.

Personally I don't see any need for taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya. Air conditioned buses leave frequently (20-30 min) and pay 100 baht as I remember from a month ago. You can take taxi in Pattaya then.

Guest anonone

Sometimes the buses are not available.  Many flights arrive at 2300 hours or so, well after the buses have stopped running for the day.

As Firecat has mentioned, Limo Pattaya has been a solid choice and is who I am currently using.  There are some less expensive options such as Mr. T and Mr. Toom, but I have found them unreliable lately.  Others may have differing opinions.

Guest LoveThailand

"mr.yo taxi service" <mr.yotaxi@hotmail.com>

+6686-6794778 ( what app )
+6686-2045229 ( what app )

Very reliable - used him for transfers to Pty (Baht 1,200) and Rayong - do not remember the fare. Fare to PTY included tolls. The driver brought me to the place I was staying.

The cars were new, clean and spacious.

He promptly responds to e-mails and his driver will wait for you at the arrivals.

Limo Pattaya has been a solid choice and is who I am currently using.  There are some less expensive options such as Mr. T and Mr. Toom, but I have found them unreliable lately.  Others may have differing opinions.

Another recommendation for Limo Pattaya from me too. Excellent service from both Suvarnabhumi at Bt1200 and central Bkk at Bt1500 to Pattaya. Large comfortable cars with reliable, steady drivers.  

Personally I don't see any need for taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya. Air conditioned buses leave frequently (20-30 min) and pay 100 baht as I remember from a month ago. You can take taxi in Pattaya then.

Well it is a personal thing I suppose, the fact bus travel between Bkk and Pattaya it is not door-to-door and you need to get to the bus departure point as well as having to get from the drop-off point in Pattaya to your chosen hotel is just too much of a hassle for me. I really don't understand why anyone travelling half way round the planet from western countries to Thailand for a holiday on a flight costing anything from Bt25,000 to Bt50,000+ can be bothered dragging their luggage from hotel to bus terminal and from bus terminal to hotel for the sake of Bt1000/£20 difference. If it is in one of those death-trap small vans it is even more beyond me.

There are some less expensive options such as Mr. T and Mr. Toom, but I have found them unreliable lately.  Others may have differing opinions.

What problems have you had with Mr Toom?

I've used them a couple of times and been satisfied. That's not a big sample size admittedly.

However, missing flights is expensive, so I only want to use firms that continue to have an outstanding reputation.

Think we need trip advisor reviews for airport taxis. Or maybe a dedicated review thread here?

can be bothered dragging their luggage from hotel to bus terminal and from bus terminal to hotel for the sake of Bt1000/£20 difference. If it is in one of those death-trap small vans it is even more beyond me.

it's called fun of travelling newalaan.

Not disputing your spending logic though, I live practically walking distance from the airport and taxi fare would be about 750 baht so 1200/1500 to PTY would be almost free in comparizon of distance.

As for death traps, small van and big car are the same steel coffins if you had bad luck of landing insane driver.

Certainly taxi fares are extremely good value in Thailand whether we are using them or not, even ChrstianPFC not exactly famous for lavish spending is praising and using them

Guest anonone

What problems have you had with Mr Toom?

I've used them a couple of times and been satisfied. That's not a big sample size admittedly.

However, missing flights is expensive, so I only want to use firms that continue to have an outstanding reputation.

Think we need trip advisor reviews for airport taxis. Or maybe a dedicated review thread here?

Hi Z.

My breaking point with Mr Toom was a taxi not showing up for an EARLY ride back to BKK...and Mr. Toom did not answer his phone.  I tried for 15 minutes, multiple times, but no answer. 

I organize my travel with very little slack time built in, so 15 minutes was an eternity.   Thankfully, I had a card from a taxi guy that we used a couple times when leaving Tam Nam Isan.  He was available and picked me up in 10 minutes.  Made my check-in and flight, but was really worried for a bit.  Also cost me quite a bit more for the taxi, but I was in no position to negotiate.  In this case, totally worth it. 

When I got back home, Mr. Toom tried to explain that he lost his phone and the driver was actually in the area but had fallen asleep in the car.  Might have been true, but I just wasn't buying it as service was kind of going downhill anyway.

Great thing about Limo Pattaya - I typically receive communication from the actual driver the night before I am set to leave...Either SMS or Line message.  Great to have the contact method in case I can't find them, etc. 

Seems firecat and farangyai had similar issues with Mr. Toom.

Guest Motel69

Hey, thanks for all the info, everyone. Yes, I'm looking for a taxi from the center of Bangkok, along Sathorn, to a hotel along Second Road in Pattaya.

I have used the bus before, when I was younger and didn't pack so much. These days, it's too much of a hassle to lug a heavy suitcase that includes such essentials as a blutooth speaker, a bottle of tequila and lots of sunscreans, skin creams and health supplements -- as well as a loaded-down backpack -- to a Skytrain Station, onto a Skytrain, then to the bus station. And once I  get off the bus, I have to sit cramped with my luggage and about 10 other people and their bags in a very uncomfortable baht bus that makes me wish my ass were much fatter. The baht bus only takes me close to my hotel, so finally, I get to lug my heavy bags to the hotel, which is when my joints remind me they aren't as young as they used to be.

So I'd rather pay the extra baht and go by taxi.

I've emailed info@thelimopattaya.com but have not heard back. So perhaps I'll give Mr. Yo a try.

Thanks again for all the great input.

Oh, maybe I should ask one more question: Does Uber or any other ride-sharing app have an English version in Thailand?

Guest abang1961

#15... I totally agree with your remarks.

Funny, the law of inverse proportionality applies to me...

The older I get, the less I carry.

Those days I used to bring more (than I normally need) but nowadays, I travel light.

Thailand is the place where most necessity stuff are cheaper, even by Singapore standards.

Watsons, Boots and Big C provide me with all the shampoo, facial cleanser/scrub, sunscreen etc.

I usually pack clothes (from 2 years ago) and throw them away at the end of the trip.

So if I leave Pattaya from Sumi, it is always with Bell Service or that bus from Ekamai.

I have (really) yet to travel by taxi... even forgot how to take the taxi from Sumi to Silom... 

but knows too well how much it cost to Priya Thai/Makkasan from Sumi... and thereafter to Silom/Lumpini

The irony ...I really don't have to pinch and stretch my dollars but I like to have 40 winks in the bus before reaching Pattaya.

I am just too dependent on public transport...

The older I get, the less I carry.

I travel light.

Thailand is the place where most necessity stuff are cheaper,

Watsons, Boots and Big C provide me with all the shampoo, facial cleanser/scrub, sunscreen etc.

I usually pack clothes (from 2 years ago) and throw them away at the end of the trip.

just like looking in the mirror abang

Nothing wrong with using public transport .  Unfortunately it does not exist after 10pm from the airport so other arrangements are mandatory.

I think last train is just past midnight, you may be correct about the last PTY bus.

For some reason almost all North America's connecting flights arrive around midnight and depart  at ungodly 6 a.m. to add to 18 hrs in the air misery

For some reason almost all North America's connecting flights arrive around midnight and depart  at ungodly 6 a.m. to add to 18 hrs in the air misery

European flights always used to depart between 23.00 and 02.30 - but recently a lot of carriers (BA, EVA, KLM, AF, LH) have moved to a morning (10.00-12.00) flight

Awful timing in my opinion... You can't have a decent night out on you last night, knowing you have to wake so early... and with the return flight being a day flight, there is no dimming of cabin lights etc. This eans that children don't sleep and restless people move aound the cabin more

I loathe day flights! Unfortunately i am slowly running out of night flight carriers except CI and the Middle east airlines!

Just to add another opinion to the mix, I've used Mr. Toom's taxi serivce for well over 30 trips, and have only once had a driver not on time. In the earlier days they'd sometimes show up 30 to 45 minutes early and I would feel (OK, only a bit) bad about them having to wait, but otherwise they've been timely.

One time I had a driver who needed to stop for an energy drink at 7-Eleven, and one time I've had to ask another driver to slow down a bit, but otherwise I've been fine with the service and never gotten what I'd consider to be an old worn-looking vehicle.

1200B either direction from BKK to Pattaya for a sedan, 1800B for a van. He uses a lot of drivers (subcontractors?), and some of them maintain a room or live IN Pattaya. As for confirmations, if I've asked for them, I've gotten them. As I said, just another opinion.

Just to add another opinion to the mix, I've used Mr. Toom's taxi serivce for well over 30 trips, and have only once had a driver not on time. In the earlier days they'd sometimes show up 30 to 45 minutes early and I would feel (OK, only a bit) bad about them having to wait, but otherwise they've been timely.

How late were they?

As long as they are just a few minutes late, once in 30 times is a pretty good record.

If you come close to missing the flight, that's another matter.