vinapu

May 2015 in Bangkok and Pattaya -trip report

1. We had breakfasts somewhere else, usually at Foodland Patpong , so really I did not notice that cafe and can't comment.

2. sign is there but boy from Super A I offed to Nantra Silom told me that there are no problems with visitors at Sunflower and being from bar located 20 meters from hotel I guess he is in good position to know.

Room I rented was for use of my quasi boyfriend I brought from Pattaya , I was at Nantra around the corner, I had room fro 4 nights but he slept there only two  (alone I hope).

3. I went there couple times to grab him at various times including in the dead of first night and had no problem entering, reception was manned / actually girled that night /

4. no idea as we vacated room after breakfast but they seem to be nice there so I guess with smile you can negotiate later checkout. They even remember to return my 500 key deposit I forgot about and had she not returned it to me I wouldn't recall it  likely although chances are  my boy would.

Hope it helped

vinapu

Guest shuee

hi, it did help apart from the bit where you mentioned the boy from super A said visitors in sunflower no problems, 

sorry but that dont mean nothing to me, especially when moneys involved, they tell you whatever your wallet wants to hear

but thanks for rest of replies

Guest alkoe

Thanks Vinapu for your always great reports! In from today exactly 4 months  - i´m also not counting the days ;-) - my second trip to Thailand will start - this time i will stay nearly 3 weeks. In the meantime i enjoy the reports and news from this forum - and of course i enjoy my memories from my first trip in february. My favourite was the sexy show in BoyzBoyzBoyz Pattaya - i was there nearly every night and i really miss that .

greetings to all here and thanks for your posts

hi, it did help apart from the bit where you mentioned the boy from super A said visitors in sunflower no problems, 

sorry but that dont mean nothing to me, especially when moneys involved, they tell you whatever your wallet wants to hear

but thanks for rest of replies

Keep in mind I took boy to Nantra so he did not have any incentive to confabulate about Sunflower but of course he could just pretend he knows while he did not have a clue.

. My favourite was the sexy show in BoyzBoyzBoyz Pattaya - i was there nearly every night and i really miss that .

I'm not surprised, already stated before that I consider their show the best of all I saw in BKK and PTY and I'm not saying that because my 'boyfriend' from last trip is from there.

Also boys line up was second best after Tawan for bars I visited in May but fact is I did not visit that many this time    

I'm not surprised, already stated before that I consider their show the best of all I saw in BKK and PTY and I'm not saying that because my 'boyfriend' from last trip is from there.

Also boys line up was second best after Tawan for bars I visited in May but fact is I did not visit that many this time

I like the FREE show when the boys all line up and dance and clap to the song "Boys, Boys, Boys outside the bar in Pattaya Boys Town.

Guest alkoe

oh Vinapu - i´m so curious if my favourite boys are still working on BBB - in my opinion the best dancer and performer on stage was number 28 - he participate mostly in the shower show with sunglasses - always rock hard - this boy you can take also off the bar - even if he was more straight or bi, because one day he was there with his girlfriend - oh he had braces too

my other favourite was a boy named tel with colored and very stylish hair style - everyday little different - he participate mostly in he show with the burning candles - perfect ass and horny all time - from this boy i made the sexy photos - normally he don´t go with clients - but for the photos he did, hehe

and because i´m more into twinks - so i took often my little boy kew in my room - but i think you will not remember him - i think he is not the type you like - but he made me smile

maybe you remember one of them and give me a review

I'm sorry alkoe but can't help you , I was impressed with everybody in line but focused on three boys only, one I offed 4 nights and took with me to BKK, one hunk with deep voice  who I was told is not even going with clients but is always in  big cock show and one twink who smiled and me and I smiled at him and finished up with sitting with him for a while until my boy showed up.

I generally don't pay attention to numbers, remember some mostly by coincidence only. 

3,000 baht...talk about spoiling it for others...not everyone can do this..

and the boys expect it from others once you pay this amount...sad I say.

You will get the same from them for 1500....

I think boys know going rate very well and while gladly accept higher tip I doubt  they really expect more than whatever is standard at the moment,they may  hope for more,  yes,  but I doubt they expect. They seem to have senses of what windfall is.

I had cases when tipped boy extra for massage or gave unasked  taxi money and on next off did not do that,  boy  did not ask for more, recall only one exception  /Super A boy this trip / 

I consider my money well spent,  no regrets.  I count  2500 / long time fair tip and if happy , happy to pay 200-500 more.

You have point of spoiling , not just for others but for myself too, if boy is overtiped one night he will want the same next one. But choice of avoiding this is always mine -known quality for known price or adventure somewhere else, tried both on may occasions. 

Not too many bar or massage boys in BKK will go long time for 1500 , GR , street trade and Saranrom yes but from my experience whenever I tried to economize on rate they tried to cut promised time under any pretext - parking , other work and so on.

I don't like that although it happens from time to time, that's kiss of death in my eyes as long as future offs are considered and I tell them that in no uncertain times either when they are leaving or when in their  bar next time and they are looking for another off. So far no exception  to this internal rule of mine although I considered making it for one of Tawan boys but it did not materialize yet.    

Thanks for all the reports Vinapu.

Reading between the lines, is the Sunflower the place that is charging 500 baht for guests?

Which do you think is currently the best option, Nantra or the Om Yim ?

About Sunflower I'm not sure, what I know there's sign  on the door leading to internal staircase indicated 500 charge for unregistered guests but if that's enforced or not I don't have an idea.

Nantra Silom website says the same but neither me not Xiluzer who recommended that hotel to me never had any issues with guests , they seem not to care at all and don't even hold guests ID.

So same of those signs may be just to appease police rather than scary of whoring tourists.

As for comparison  between Om Yim and Nantra Silom honestly I'd say it's toss a coin, heads you win, tails you don't lose either.

Nantra advantages: newer and more modern hotel and fixtures, lots of daylight in the rooms, free basic breakfast included /tea, coffee, toast, jam , cereals /, has elevator with exception of 2nd floor, reception staff not intrusive at all, steps from 7/11, about 8 massage places and 4 go-go bars within 2 minutes walk / Tawan , Super A, Nature Boys and Golden Cock/, free computers in the lobby

Disadvantages : washbasin in the room, no closet / railing to hang your clothes above that desk provided / , refrigerator and safety deposit box in the open, reception staff indifferent

Om Yim advantages: excellent restaurant on ground floor  /with BKK second best chicken with cashew nutson the offer /, reception holds your guest’s ID, much bigger rooms, exchange counter with possibly BKK best rates steps from hotel, ARENA within the same block, right at BTS, tea/coffee making facilities in the room, washroom is separated from the room by the door, big closet, safety deposit box and refrigerator hidden in the closet, cemetery right behind hotel.

Disadvantages: no breakfast  even for purchase as  restaurant opens at 11 a.m., no elevator  , 7/11 very close but on another side of busy Narathiwas so to access it one needs to climb BTS stairs.

During my May trip both hotels had maintenance issues: Nantra smelly / durian / refrigerator, leaking shower, Om Yim non flashing toilet and 2 insects spotted/ I had their biggest and most expensive room/.

Overall I’m happy with both , at 35-40 $ at the very city center close to everything I need both are very good value. At the moment I’m slightly tilted toward Nantra reason being I become big fan of Tawan and bar is 157 steps from the hotel while it's about 753 to Om Yim so walking distance with the hot boy I may be overheated.