Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. It's still day one It's ten o'clock, and I'm exhausted and haven't even been here for a full day. I decide to investigate Jomtien on a Friday night and to keep my word about finding Peas tonight @Home He's sent several texts over the past few hours. The bars are bustling with those bunched together close to the Venue being the busiest. Peas spots me before I see him and greets me with a hug. I buy drinks for us and one of his friends. Peas tells me about why he couldn't see me last night. Knowing how well that turned out for me, I told him all was ok. I told him I'd met Doh and filled in the time. Peas tells me he is planning to stay with me while I'm in town. I say "no" but will off him tonight and he can stay the night but I wanted to see the show at Venue. So I paid the off fee (I paid 600 THB for three drinks and an off fee, think I was undercharged). The last time I went to The Venue for the show, I was disappointed. The stage is constricted, the sight lines from the audience are partially blocked by the pillars supporting the hotel above. The show itself is choreographed to the inch of stage space and the performers were exuberantly careful about where they put their feet. Have to admit nothing seemed changed since my previous visit other than the dancers seemed to be mechanical. We left at the intermission to allow for drink buying. As jet lag is really starting to take control of my ability to function, my lack of enthusiasm for the show may be more me - the audience was having a good time. Back at The Poseidon, I told Peas what my day had been like and that I'd appreciate it he would be more company than active bed partner. He understood, we took a shower, I went to bed and sleep, he played some video games on his phone, joined me in bed, cuddled and provided some oral pleasuring. Around 3am, he told me he was going to leave...I thanked him for his time and gave him 1500. It's now Saturday, and I'd completed a full day, spent time with three guys and had a beach massage. Today, I have a plan, first breakfast at Big Kahuna, Pancakes, eggs, tea, and OJ for 220 baht. Walked down to the beach arriving sometime after 10am. My chair is ready for me, Beach massage (300 thb + 100 thb tip), spent maybe three hours relaxing, going back to The Poseidon around 4pm, checking out and joking with the massage boys on view in Jomtien. Thought I might have a strong Thai massage at the Blind massage school but decided a nap was a better idea as I had a full night planned. Slept until just before 7pm, when the Poseidon's owner hosts a cocktail party with meal sized appetizers for the hotel guests. Tonight there are maybe a dozen of us. 11 of whom speak in a Swiss-German dialect. I'm the 12th one and get my sense of what is being said by facial expressions, Heiko breaks in now and then into English for my sake, I'm enjoying the wind and snacks, which will be dinner, the chef joins us with chocolate and, using his Dutch accented English tells me about his plans for a 15 course dinner at the hotel next week for members of a local group that comes once a month. Around 9, the party breaks up, and I head into town to meet up with Soph and to keep my promise to another member of the Forum to check out Boyztown and Sunnee. So, making sure I have a sufficient supply of "red notes" as recommended by Vinapu and placed in accessible pockets, Decide to check out Sunnee first, over the years, I've gotten confused trying to find it. Now my way there is to get off the baht bus when I'm at the the MCDonald's with the large statue of Ronald McDonald. I then take the road/soi that runs next to the hotel next to McD's. sorry, to interrupt the narrative...have to break away to recharge the computer battery...be back shortly...
  2. Great reports, Spoon, you put me to shame as I'm still working on a report from a month ago. Please let us Forum members know why you are thinking not to come to LOS at this time of year. Again, great rport.
  3. ggobkk replied to paborn's topic in Gay Thailand
    Have the salesperson give you a price. He/they will want you to tell them what you will pay...don't give in...tell them you don't know, tailoring is their job. Then when you do get a price go 40% less as a counter. That won't be accepted...you now have options, go up a little, or start to leave. Usually, starting to leave will get things real fairly quickly. I'd settle somewhere between 40 and 30% off the original price. Recommendation - check local stores near where you live for prices on shirts, jackets...you can also check on Amazon. In Jomtien you want at least 50% less than at home. This can change (but only a little) if you want lots of extras (i.e. linen jacket with a silk lining you choose, functional button holes, secure hidden pockets, etc). The shop has several kinds of linen, the owner loves to talk about how each is different. The jacket I bought is made of linen from Poland. I think somewhere you've mentioned your home is in a relatively warm climate - if that's true, check out the seersucker shirts they make. I have 3 and they are a gift as they don't need a lot of ironing, are comfortable, and look good. Caution - if there are lots of other customers present - wait until its more private to bargain. Sometimes, there are couples (usually Russian) shopping with the wife urging the husband/partner to get a suit. The owner is reluctant to bargain if he believes he will have to give the same discount to everyone in the shop.
  4. ggobkk replied to paborn's topic in Gay Thailand
    After I posted, I went and checked my shirts and the linen jacket I had made last trip - no label that would allow me to give you a shop name, but I can definitely recommend the workmanship.
  5. bangkokbois is worth revisiting even for non-newbies. I just had a wander through some of the posts and enjoyed the style and the information, mush of which I first learned in the posts.
  6. ggobkk replied to paborn's topic in Gay Thailand
    I've misplaced the name, but walking out of The Poseidon, turn left to the main road, then turn right and next to the open air restaurant and the massage parlor, there is a tailor shop. Usually there are some interesting shirts on a display rack outside. Over the years, I've had shirts made, bought some of the display shirts, and had a very nice sport jacket made up. I'm very happy with my purchases and have had a compliment or two. Know what you want, bargain, the owner will plead poverty, once a price is agreed, all that goes away. Be VERY specific about when you want the clothes to be ready. Sorry, I can't recall the name but I can recommend the shop. Numazu has a tailor near TukCom, he may have referenced the name in one of his reports. He was always happy with the results. I mention this as he and I both use Excelsior in Bangkok.
  7. This report was delayed at first by procrastination. Then after, I'd finished the Pattaya portion and was about to copy and paste it from Google docs, the Forum changed and copy and paste made a mishmash of what I'd written, re-formatted the text, and bold faced words randomly. So, I'm now re-entering my report directly into the system. That settled with Max coming to The Poseidon at 4pm, I head out to Dongtan Beach. Some time back, maybe two years or so, I bemoaned what I thought of as the destruction of the beach, with the trees being torn out, the construction seeming to be haphazard. I doubted the ability of the local government to match the final product to the artist sketches of what the beach would be like. Let me state, so far so good. The work on the sidewalks, installing rows and rows of palm trees, and creating non-smoking areas has left Dongtan in good shape. Currently, the restroom area is gone, torn down to allow a new one to be constructed, which was happening during my visit. I tend to settle in at the first umbrella area after the restrooms. I have a nodding acquaintance with the guys who work the umbrellas and chairs and the mamasan who manages it and her dog. My phone opens to the wifi as I settle in - this area has the advantage of giving me a good view of the always shirtless umbrella attendance in the next section. I catch up on what's happened in the six months since my last visit, have my feet and toes taken care of by one of the ladies who comes by. I then have a massage by a beach masseur who looks like he could be working at Tawan. After the massage, some watermelon drinks, and crowd watching, I decide to head back and get ready for what ever will be. I realize that I should get some baht since I'll be meeting up with Max and then, later, with Peas. After a shower, back at the hotel, I head across the road to the TMB ATM. It's out of order, I go inside to see if I can get baht from the teller using my card. A woman sitting at a desk direct me to use the deposit machine as it doubles as an ATM. I do, it takes my card, asks all the usual questions, tells me there will be a fee, and I ask for 20,000 THB. The machine screen says thank you, the machine returns my card, and there it stops. No baht! Small panic attack. I go inside and tell the staff member sho sent me to the deposit machine what happened. She comes out to the machine with me. She enters some codes and turns the machine off. We have a "dialogue" as the machine screen had told me the money was taken from my US account. I wont detal the dialogue - but at the ned of several minutes, it's clear she wont give me her name, my money, or any support - saying its a problem with my bank! I return to The Poseidon and contact my Credit Union, whose ATM card I was using, it has a 24 hour contact line and I explain what happened. To my surprise, given that I'm a voice on an international call, the withdrawal from TMB is cancelled and my account re-credited for 20,000 THB and the fee. When I return home, I went to the neighborhood branch of the Credit Union and thanked them. Still needing some baht, I head to another ATM, I use my bank ATM card and withdraw 15,000 (this card as a lower limit). Back at the Poseidon, I get a text from Max, he doesn't have to work the dinner shift at this restaurant, so O.K if he comes at 5pm rather than 4. OK with me. He asks for the room number. Shortly before 5pm, there is knock at the door. It's Max. He's very handsome, slim, and actually looks like his Planet Romeo photos! He's shy. We talk for some time as we work to overcome his shyness and moves closer, from there we move to the shower where we are actively intimate. We move to the bed, where the shyness disappears as he takes over at my encouragement. There is no rush, he is intuitive as to what pleases me and pushes a majority of my buttons. After, we finish in bed and clean up, i realize this has been a "moment" that's special. He is in no hurry to leave, I ask if he'd like to have dinner...yes, so we eat at the Poseidon's restaurant. He tells me about his work and that he will be on the cleanup crew tonight when he goes back. We finish dinner and go back tot he room so he can get his things, we end up back in bed so we can have access to each other's "things". Finally, he has to leave as he's being texted about his whereabouts by his restaurant. He asks if he can see me again. Silly question...answer is "yes". He hasn't mentioned anything about money, I ask if I can help pay for his taxi to work. Answer, "thanks, but no need". And he leaves. I'm confused...I was sure he was a money boy, but, no suggestion of a money exchange. A sexually charged romantic interlude...maybe a first in for me in Thailand.
  8. Doh left around 5am to catch a ride home to Issan. My mind went to understanding that I wouldn't see Doh again this trip. Tee S0ndheim lyric "sorry-grateful" came to mind. Sorry to say goodbye, but immensely grateful that we had our chance encounter. After he left, I attempted to get some sleep - no luck as my body clock was still on US West Coast time and thought it was afternoon. So, i turned on the I-pad and read email, tweets, news, unpacked my carry-on, boiled water, made tea. Around, 7, I went for a walk, checked out the nearby breakfast places, which Vinapu referenced in one of his reports. Purchased some pastries from the shop next to Fah massage and returned to the hotel to enjoy them. I had messages from Peas and Max. Peas sorry for missing me last night, tells me he wants to stay with me all the time I'm in Pattaya. I ignore the offer and tell him I visit @Home tonight. Max, I haven't mentioned until now. The morning I was leaving home for the airport, I set my Planet Romeo location to Pattaya. I had a fw responses, one was from Max, who noted he likes folks 19 - 99. Reading that and looked at his pictures, I labeled him a very cute money-boy with possibilities. We had some Line messages while I was heading to the airport. Some more when I was changing planes in Tokyo, and now this morning he is checking to see if we can get together. He works in a restaurant and his afternoon is free. Wondering if a meet-up will actually happen, we agree on 4pm.
  9. While the site was off line and being "improved", I wrote an additional update to my current travel report. When I went to copy it to the forum, it came over al bold face with lots of extra spacing. I made several tries and reformatting, but had no luck. I guess I re-enter what I wrote directly.
  10. Banana on soi 4 is a low key host bar compared to its sibling on Twilight. I'd also recommend the German restaurant near to Nakarat on soi 4.
  11. Having survived Christmas and on opening my computer this morning to find messages from several Forum members whom I’ve met with in Thailand over the past few years, I decided to overcome my innate procrastination and write a report on my mid-November to early December visit to Pattaya and Bangkok. I left California on November 14th very tired and a bit reluctant to get on another plan. I’d been in Thailand in August, back home for two weeks, then two weeks in China, then after a stop at home, in Washington DC for ten days. Now it was time to cross the Pacific again. This isn’t a whine, rather, my journal from the time reminds me that I was questioning why I was heading to Thailand so soon. There wasn’t a good answer beyond the enjoyment I get when I’m there. And, maybe, avoiding where to be the “extra” at a family or friend’s Thanksgiving here in the US. So, off to SFO, United Airlines flight to Tokyo, economy plus seat on the aisle, with an empty seat next to me. In Tokyo, in the UA lounge, I recharge my electronics, read email, take a shower, walk around the terminal to give my legs some exercise. United has booked me through to Bangkok on ANA. At the gate, I learn ANA has upgraded me to Business Class. A gift from ANA and a bulkhead window seat with a dining menu and a nice Bordeaux to help pass the time Weather is good and plane is early arriving in Bangkok at 11:30 pm. To my surprise, the plane parks somewhere away from the terminal and we are all put on buses to the terminal. This is a first on ANA for me. And a time burner waiting for the bus to fill and then the travel to immigration. Exiting the bus, I look for my greeter./expediter ( I learned from PaulSF that for a fee -$30 approximately - someone will meet me as I exit the plane (in this case the bus) and walk me quickly through immigration, find my luggage, and get me to my transportation. So, ten minutes after exiting the bus, I was with my driver, and on my way to Pattaya. Caveat: I did not have to wait for luggage as I only had carry-on. I used Mike’s of Pattaya who have never left me down. 70 minutes later, I’m in my room at the Poseidon. Now, it’s time to provide some background information...when last in Pattaya, i offed Pease from @Home and Sophy from Toy Boys (note for those doubling back on my reports, the names are as they appear on Line, in the earlier telling, I was depending on how I heard them say their names). I had been hearing daily from Peas saying he’d wait after @Home closed for me - as I was due to arrive after 2am. O.K. Sophy I’d planned on seeing later in my visit. Last visit, we’d had a 3-way which went well...I’d also been looking at the apps and was texting to Max, who said he wasn’t a Money boy and sent some great photos. So, I leave the Poseidon and head to @Home, much of Jomtien has closed down for the night, Peas isn’t there. I text him...he’s at a birthday party at one of the big clubs. Can I wait until 4am? Reply: No. At this point only Sun Bar is still open with maybe a dozen guys around the bar. I join them, I buy a drink for the cute boy who gave up his seat at the bar to me. We talk and I chat with the bartender. There is one incredibly handsome guy in a form fitting black tank top talking with another guy very intently. Missed opportunity? For most of the flight from Tokyo, I’d been thinking about hooking up with Peas and having him welcome me to Pattaya. So, I was a bit bummed, I could off the guy who I’d bought a drink but it would have been for convenience - which isn't a bad thing. Then, the incredibly handsome guy was free...the bartender had been watching me watching and asked if I was interested. (There are mamasans in all shapes and guises) I was very interested, so he introduced me to Doh. Doh was in the bar to borrow a phone as his was broken He didn’t work in the bar but was friends with many of the guys who did. The introduction went well, I bought us each a drinks, thanked the bartender, there was an off fee - even though Doh didn't work there. I considered it as a tip to the house and left with Doh for the Poseidon. He was impressed by the room, i was very impressed by his body, we showered together and joined together in the bed. My unexpected change of plans provided a surprise bonus and a truly fine start for my visit.
  12. All I can add to the wisdom of Vinapu is there is a wide variety of possible experiences. Several years back when I returned to Bangkok after a break of 20 years, I offed a guy from Dreamboys and while pleasant it was a rushed cum and go moment. If I had had only that experience, I'd be negative about offing anyone. Fortunately, I'd read enough on this forum and on other sites. I went out that same night and offed a guy from HotMale. It went better than well. We still see each other when I visit. The more time one spends and the more offs/massages/clubs one experiences the more I find inconsistency is the only consistent thing. If I can stop procrastinating and post my last trip report, I'll have a related tale to tell.
  13. Enjoying your reporting...
  14. ggobkk replied to 18past19's topic in Gay Thailand
    I've been away from the Forum for a while and now catching up. asnstudent, your reports are a gift in real time.
  15. I've been back from Thailand for a week. It's was 25 hours from the time I left my hotel in Bangkok to the time I arrived at my front door. The return included a BKK to Hong Kong flight, which I slept through from takeoff toe landing. 4 hour layover. 13 hours to home on a FULL 777. I must have slept some but not much... Strategy: none. I sleep when I'm tired and eventually after several 2 am mornings, one morning I wake up at 6, then at 7. I've been flying since early in the age of jets, crossing time zones. I've tried everything suggested...what seems to work is patience and acceptance, willingness to be drowsy, and once I'm acclimated start planning the next trip. Note: flying to Thailand is a full day affair, but since night there is day at home, it's easier to roll with night activities and sleeping in the mornings/afternoons.
  16. ggobkk replied to 18past19's topic in Gay Thailand
    Thanks for asking questions...that's how we learn about new experiences. One thing I learned from the forum was that when a bill is paid and change is brought in a folder, tips left for the waiter go to the waiter if handed directly to him. If left in folder, tip is returned to the cashier and (hopefully) split among the waiters. If this true...I don't know, I only read it here but have been acting as if it was for more than several years. The smiles seem bigger when I hand the tip directly. Have a good time. Enjoy Moonlight...the mamsans there can be helpful as was mentioned in another post.
  17. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I haven't stayed at te Amara but earlier this past week was with a friend who was staying there and was visited on a regular basis by his "massage therapist". No joiner fee was involved. I know this isn't very precise, but I'm posting it hoping my friend sees it and replies with a clear answer from actual experience.
  18. The person who got the discount was over 70 and had to show a passport
  19. The Sky Walk at MahaNakhom is open to the public. MahaNakhom, aka “KingPower Tower” is that building that looks like its had bits of itself bitten off. At the very top, some 78 stories above Bangkok is an open air sky deck. The views are amazing! I had the pleasure of spending two hours last night at sunset with Forum members Reader and DivineMadman. One enters at ground level though security, walks down a corridor filled with electronic images and the corridor ceiling is a three dimensional replica of central Bangkok. Up a speedy elevator that has a sound and light show to the 74th (75th?) floor. Exit to a glassed in skywalk with stupendous views. Around a corridor to another elevator (there is also a staircase) taking passengers up to the 78th floor. Exit to an open air rooftop that is just all view. There is another rise which needs to be climbed by stairs to the highest point, this area also has seating for those who’d like to just take in the vista. As day turned into night the city’s lights came on as did the lights of the traffic jams. There is also a glassed floor area that one can stand, sit,or roll around in with just the city below. I enjoyed it so much, that I brought my Vietnam friend, Van, to see it this afternoon. He was more impressed than I was... Pricing steep (pun intended). 745 baht which provided one free soft drink and100 baht off a bar drink. Waiters move around and through the crowd replenishing libations and taking money. On the way out, there are three floors of King Power Duty Free shopping to maneuver though to the exit. I’m told by a reliable source that there is a steep discount for anyone over a certain age. Not that any of us are of that age. I believe I am not easily impressed...I was impressed here and recommend it highly (pun intended, again).
  20. ggobkk replied to ukladd23's topic in Gay Thailand
    Beer bars are beer bars. Yet, they can be different due to location. Jomtien beer bars are different than other places due to the number of beer bars that are designed for male customers and the number of boys working the bars. January is approaching and we will wait for your in person findings.
  21. My impeccable source, one of the waiters at Maxi’s, tells me five months. Then he smiles and says he told me that in February.
  22. ggobkk replied to Jasper's topic in The Beer Bar
    I was there three days ago, access by free shuttle boat. The new subway line will have a stop nearby. Top three floors are not open. Meeting rooms for groups, entertainment venues, and top floor “River Museum”. Agree with Zombie that stores are Siam Paragon upmarket. H&M was the low end of shops in building. Lots of toilet areas, all with attendants. I was there on a weekday morning, more sales staff than customers Lowest level is a two story high food court with Thai shops scattered around (including 7-11). Food areas are designed to resemble street food markets along a river with seating up some steps overlooking the activity. This level was very busy Took a taxi on departing.
  23. I use Google Flights to check options for dates and pricing. It’s slightly similar to kayak but seems more useful. That said, I have some level of status on United, which waives charges for luggage, premium economy, lounge access, and early boarding. I’ve become somewhat adept at working both google flights and United sites. From the Bay Area no direct flights, so have a layover going and coming. Airfare for current trip, November 14 to December 1, was $708. Hotel costs definitely higher.
  24. Definitely you are read! And it’s enjoyable reading.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.