Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Bangkok Airport Removes Fast Track Immigration On Arrival For First & Business Class Travelers
I never saw any mice, plenty of rats, in human form!
-
Eight ex-officials face indictment for dropping cases against Red Bull heir
I wonder if this is just window dressing! The whole situation was appalling, but very Thailand!
-
Neighboring countries compete with Thailand for foreign retirees
Cape Town used to be very violent, with people living behind barbed wire fences, and signs saying, 'Armed response team in 5 mins'. In our boutique hotel, in a leafy suburb on the way up to Table Mountain, we were advised not to walk 1km to a restaurant, too dangerous they said. The 'township', nearby, which had over one million people, was heartbreaking. Our black waitress, who lived there had sent her 5 year old daughter away, as she was worried that she would be raped! Her husband had been murdered. Have things changed?
-
Bangkok Airport Removes Fast Track Immigration On Arrival For First & Business Class Travelers
Thanks, very helpful. So 'elderly' pax can no longer use Fast Track lane? I usually tavel biz class, so I would be ok, but what about the over 70s in economy?
-
Bangkok Airport Removes Fast Track Immigration On Arrival For First & Business Class Travelers
Any idea where zones 1 and 3 are? Is there a zone 2? Which airlines use which zone? I can't remember zones as such! Just the usual milling around looking for the priority lane!
-
Thailand Tackles ‘Cheap Travel’ Issues
Indeed, Chinese flags everywhere in the airport, and the new town at the airport has a Chinese name!
-
Bangkok Airport Removes Fast Track Immigration On Arrival For First & Business Class Travelers
Yes, it's 70, and older.
-
Fast track removed
Here's hoping! The business travellers will be royally pissed off. (Pun intended!)
-
Thailand Tackles ‘Cheap Travel’ Issues
Good points again. In Cambodia, my guide told me that the local economy gains nothing from all the Chinese tourists, who fly on Chinese Airlines, travel on Chinese buses, and stay and eat in Chinese hotels. See discussion in other thread.
-
Neighboring countries compete with Thailand for foreign retirees
Quite right. Chinese are already slowly encroaching into Thailand, and will certainly not give up. If necessary, thick, and thicker, brown envelopes will be deployed. Thailand is a much bigger, and more developed, economy than Lao or Cambodia, and was not devastated by civil war, but that makes it an attractive target for China.itonicallybtge various laws that are seen to bexanti farang, are a useful buffer. However, they may not be enough.
-
Fast track removed
I saw that. Really weird. However it is still there, it seems, and i hope, for the elderly, into which group I fall!
-
New train service to link Bangkok and Penang
Sounds fairly typical!
-
Being lonely on your trip
Indeed. Weird to think otherwise. Perhaps thaiophilus should read the message again.
-
Challenge or blessing?
It's still very common here in UK. Friends were in bed for a couple of days. And very tired after. For some time. They had 5 jabs. Of course antibiotics don't work, surely one thing everyone knows, is that Covid is a virus.
-
Bangkok Trip Report: August 2024
To be fair, he is citing a continent, not a single country....
-
Being lonely on your trip
The last comment may be a banality, but it is often so!
-
Two killed as Thai actor’s jet ski crashes into long-tail boat
Hmm, looks like a way out! After a decent interval, the charges can be discreetly dropped. Still at least he expressed regret, more than the Red Bull guy!
-
Paetongtarn Shinawatra: Thailand’s youngest PM at 37 years old
I wonder. I hope you are right, but I don't think that the army, or he who can't be named, are influenced by academics. Still I read that General Prawit may be in a spot of bother with his party, so perhaps there is some hope!
-
Bangkok Trip Report: August 2024
That's quite high. Were they all top, or were some vers?
-
Paetongtarn Shinawatra: Thailand’s youngest PM at 37 years old
All fine, but, unfortunately, those in control 'don't give a damn', as Rhett Butler famously said.
-
Residents Call for Urgent Action After Mutiple Student Brawls
Yes, indeed, one might even shoot you!
-
Two killed as Thai actor’s jet ski crashes into long-tail boat
To people like that, with their connections, I fear it is a shrugging matter.
-
Bismarck
I suppose it's easier than Smith!
-
Aeroflot relaunches flights to Thailand
Glad to see that S7 has had to ground 40 planes, due to safety issues.
-
An Australian boomer retired in Thailand on an $18,000 annual pension
Whatever happens, it's better than the UK!