Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keithambrose

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Keithambrose

  1. Same happening in Cambodia, Tonle Sap. Up to 2 million people facing the loss of their livelihood, as lake shrinks, due to reduced level of Mekong!
  2. I bet they are good on social media!
  3. I agree it's bad law making. In the UK, the government is apt to pass laws they think will get them votes, without thinking of the consequences. For example, in a sop to the anti immigrant lobby, all transit passengers arriving in the UK, will need an electronic permit, even though they are merely changing planes, and do not go through passport control. Heathrow pax are 35 % transit, and the airport is saying this is just a gift to Amsterdam, etc. The government made vague comments about securing our borders!
  4. Keithambrose replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Best to wear rubber soled shoes then! And rubber gloves, dual purpose!
  5. Keithambrose replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Without touching the overhead wire?
  6. No, and I get quite a lot of offers.
  7. I noticed that with Edge. It applied to other, similar, sites. I changed my browser.
  8. My guide told me there are still many areas around there that are still too dangerous to visit due to landmines, etc.
  9. It was just that you said they were a rare sight.
  10. At either end of Bar Street in SR, there are two bands playing, badly, Cambodian music. They are all amputees of one sort or another.
  11. A related issue. I ate last night in a nice Tuscan restaurant in Florence. 2 tables were occupied by similar families, mother, father, 3yr old daughter. Both followed same procedure, install screen in front of child in high chair, and turn on. Quite noisy actually. Then parents got out their phones, and happily browsed, without talking to their child, or, hardly, to each other. Stimulating evening. Next to me family with 10 Yr old boy. No phones, three-way discussion for the whole meal. Strangely I preferred that.....
  12. Well, perhaps there is hope! On my underground train today back from airport, there was one book reader, and he was young! I have a friend who is a retired Professor at the University of Toronto. She intends to self publish a book of all the howlers that her students impressed her with over the years. I know it's easy to do, but she said she depaired of the last generation she taught.
  13. As Vinapu says, you should get to Cambodia. Very interesting, terrible history to consider, and attractive boys!
  14. I should turn off predictive text.
  15. That's good news. On a related issue, my brother in law, who is a science professor, recently marked the first essays from his new students. They were all failed. It sees that none of them had ever written an essay at school! All multiple choice questions. These were students who had done science A levels at school.
  16. Absolutely! Interesting, if not surprising, that inflation continues to roar away under the new President!
  17. Thanks!
  18. Keithambrose replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks!
  19. I think we all thought this was organised before he returned. Nice to be proved right! Typical Thailand.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.