Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Thailand Trip Report February/March 2026
Good advice. The Bangkok transit app is pretty useful too.
-
Thailand Trip Report February/March 2026
It can be difficult to get an outside seat at G's around 9pm. Earlier is usually easier. I think he has a booking system, but I've never used it. I usually do have a drink outside Banana bar. Boys there are quite chatty.
-
Bangkok and the interwebs
As a top, I always steer clear of someone who says they are a virgin. Just in case they are! I'm not keen on the 'oh, ow, stop, you're hurting', etc!
-
Do The Eyes Have It - Politically Perhaps?
Or Hungary.
-
Do The Eyes Have It - Politically Perhaps?
Nearly 3!
-
massive gay arrests in Senegal
As Tom Lehrer said, after Kissinger shared the Nobel Peace prize, 'irony is dead'.
-
massive gay arrests in Senegal
Also, don't forget that Indonesia, under Suharto, killed somewhere between 1m and 3m of their own people, no exact figure available, in an 'anti communist' purge, encouraged by the USA, and others.
-
massive gay arrests in Senegal
The relevant Norman Lewis book, is "An Empire of the East". Well worth reading, in my view.
-
Third floor - trip to SE Asia in Jan/Feb 2026
Just like the old Saturday children's films on Saturday morning! " will Flash be saved from the monster, etc". Watch next week.
-
massive gay arrests in Senegal
Somerset Maugham, in his short stories, wrote of the negative effect of missionaries in Malaya. See also Norman Lewis on the same topic in Indonesia.
-
White Cat Bar, Bangkok, is open
Yes, true, but something basic like having the correct name, is not that difficult!
-
White Cat Bar, Bangkok, is open
A good explanation! The Owner appears to be doing everything wrong. As previously mentioned, not even changing the sign outside is bizarre
-
White Cat Bar, Bangkok, is open
Well, a Bar that can't even display the correct name outside, to me doesn't deserve to survive. The whole thing seemed very odd.
-
White Cat Bar, Bangkok, is open
I didn't know that the White Cat Bar was in Gaul?
-
White Cat Bar, Bangkok, is open
First and last would be even better!
-
White Cat Bar, Bangkok, is open
No surprise there!
-
Fraud Alert: Fake Message Regarding Hotel Booking
No, I'm not into gold taps!
-
Fraud Alert: Fake Message Regarding Hotel Booking
No, Marriott....
-
Third floor - trip to SE Asia in Jan/Feb 2026
Presumably the magic calendar is on his magic carpet!
-
Thailand Trip Report February/March 2026
"but the customer service of Asian carriers is superior to anything you find on US carriers…even in first class." I didn't know that US carriers provided customer service?
-
Bangkok/Tokyo For 2 Weeks a piece
I'm afraid not. I managed to find current bars with guys for hire.
-
How do you feel about multi-millionaires passing out the hat?
Makes @Olddaddy look sane!
-
Fraud Alert: Fake Message Regarding Hotel Booking
Perhaps unusual?
-
Fraud Alert: Fake Message Regarding Hotel Booking
Well, he is an insider!
-
Bangkok/Tokyo For 2 Weeks a piece
Sorry, Baedeker was the European guide of choice for the Victorian Grand Tour. See it appearing in the film of "Room with a View". The books were bound in red linen, and had many priceless comments. Such as," for a small fee you may employ a boy to push your bicycle up the hill". They had very detailed maps, and descriptions of hotels, restaurants, trains etc. I built up a small collection, mostly 1890s, many years ago, when they were cheap. Now they are sought after. When I went to Venice, the Baedeker was very helpful, as the sights hadn't changed! I followed instructions to go to a church, down a small alley, and was told there was a Bellini behind the altar. Indeed there was! Restaurants, etc, had changed a bit!