The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I didn't. 60 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About New York City Basically, you’re always walking over thousands of dead bodies. Matt Stopera BuzzFeed Staff 1. Pinball was banned in the city until 1978. The NYPD even held “Prohibition-style” busts. 2. It is a misdemeanor to fart in NYC churches. 3. It costs $1 million to get a license (medallion) to operate a taxicab. 4. The first pizzeria in the United States was opened in NYC in 1895. 5. In 1857, toilet paper was invented by Joseph C. Gayetty in NYC. 6. The Jewish population in NYC is the largest in the world outside of Israel. 7. Up until World War II, everyone in the entire city who was moving apartments had to m…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.1k views
-
Take a look at the list but there are some great hotels I have stayed at. The one in Sao Paulo is basic but excellent with a great area and very safe. You can't beat 5,000 points for one night! http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks
-
- 1 reply
- 807 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just saw the preview at the movie yesterday. Can't wait to see if they stuck to the original concepts. Meryl Street as the Elder. YES!!!! Cute red head from Shameless as Jonas' best friend. YES!!!! Can't wait!
-
- 2 replies
- 782 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently read a article about "hustler bars" and it made me a little nostalgic for them! I came out in 1995 and my bf at the time and I went to a birthday party a friend was having at the original NUMBERS in L.A. on Sunset Blvd. It was my first time in a rentboy bar and I was mesmorized by the guys I saw! It was within a year or so after that original trip that Numbers Bar moved to Santa Monica Blvd in Weho and I went there my 2nd time and hired my first guy out of there, a tall blonde dutch guy who was in the country and had overstayed his visa and needed to make cash without having to show a social security number! But..more importantly in the years following around…
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
Samuel Larsen was the co-winner of season 1 Glee Project. He won a small, recurring role on Glee, which never really developed into anything more than just another "extra".. He was known for his long dreadlocks, even having the on show nickname "Taratula head". Well, his time on the show is long since over, and he has cut his trademark dreads.. Who else finds him incredibly sexy? do you prefer his dreads or his shorter hair?
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
I have been watching a few and I find The Goldberg's just too funny. It sort of reminds me of a fucked up Wonder Years. But, so far, I have really enjoyed each episode. I have also been enjoying Atlantis, a BBC show similar to Merlin but with different story and stars. So far, so good. Any others I need to be watching?
- 19 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
To all of us, really. The LA Times Sunday has a chilling article on how vulnerable we are to hackers who can get into any device you connect- even a computerized refrigerator or Dick Cheney's pacemaker, now unwired. It's pretty interesting stuff and no real way to protect from it: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-internet-scary-things-20140323,0,3844966,full.story#axzz2wkmGGsEo
-
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the mysterious disappearance of their Boeing 777. Especially that there has been no opinion from our resident pilot. I personally think that they no clue as to where to search and the chances of solving this puzzle is slim to none. I'd be interested in hearing other's thoughts on the subject.
- 40 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
I recently purchased a MacPro and I am having difficulty with one function...copy/cut/pasting an image into AOL email. I've tried every combination of functions to no success. I know I'm not the first to encounter this problem. Anyone have a solution how to cut/copy/paste an image into email? Crank
-
- 2 replies
- 781 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good news is that Fred Phelps has died.. Bad news is that some of his family members are still around to carry on his hatred. http://www.queerty.com/breaking-fred-phelps-is-dead-20140320/
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
Since I heard that CharliePS turned another year yesterday, I noted how quiet he, himself, was about it. He was so discrete that any greeting would have to be natural, You have to admire him for it. Unless he was just in fear that his real age might be revealed. I do apologize CharliePS, and hope that you did have a happy one. It's hard to get attention here, and having a birthday is one way to do it. Someone told me you were well into your fifties now, a ripe age when perhaps you can advice to us younger guys.
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Elucidative. http://loiter.co/v/watch-as-1000years-of-european-boarders-change/
- 1 reply
- 984 views
-
The tint to the screen is blue- the guys rather green. How can I undo this since I don't know how I did it? Thanks
-
Ok, maybe I am really not with it, but what the hell does Fisherprice mean here? http://corvallis.backpage.com/MaleEscorts/hung-and-masc-100-satisfaction-i-will-rock-your-world-clean-9pipe-in-and-outcall-23/10038923
-
- 2 replies
- 852 views
-
-
UK sports sociologist, Dr. Chris Morriss-Roberts is delving deeply into the role penis size plays in the dynamic between teammates in sports. It may come as no surprise that Morriss-Roberts' research has determined that the bigger the athlete's penis, the higher his standing in the "cockocracy." The research suggested that men look at each other’s cocks, as a gauge to see how big or small they are, comparing themselves to the rest of the team or men in the locker room. The activity of checking out each other occurred irrelevant of sexuality and the type of sport; all participants noted that they looked at each other’s cocks in the locker room. This knowing of who has a…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The New season of Dancing with the Stars kicked off last nite. Macks is back, as is Derrick and Mark. And for the stars, there are 3 reasons to Watch Cody Simpson James Maslow Charlie White
-
- 3 replies
- 851 views
-
-
-
Who do you think will win the Oscar this year? Make your selections below by just copy and pasting the list with your answer. If you have the most right, you win the prize. If more than one has the same number right, I'll draw a winner. Winner gets one year of free Gold at boytoy.com! Good luck! THE FULL LIST OF NOMINEES: BEST PICTURE “12 Years a Slave” “American Hustle” “Captain Phillips” “Dallas Buyers Club” “Gravity” “Her” “Nebraska” “Philomena” “The Wolf of Wall Street” BEST DIRECTOR David O. Russell, “American Hustle” Alfonso Cuaron, “Gravity” Alexander Payne, “Nebraska” Steve McQueen, “12 Years a Slave” Martin Scorsese, “The Wolf of Wall Street” BEST …
- 26 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
Just leaked---Season 4 to take place in a 1950's era Carnival. Jessica Lange to have a German accent. Sarah Paulsen confirmed as cast member. Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters still uncertain.
-
- 4 replies
- 944 views
-
-
Wealthiest ZIP code? Not 90210By Jane WellsMarch 13, 2014 10:27 AM CNBC | Yahoo Finance Where do America's wealthiest hang their ridiculously expensive hats? After working hard all day to purchase the universe, where do they relax in a gold-plated Jacuzzi? Not in New York. Or San Francisco. Or Beverly Hills. According to the Higley 1000, many of the country's richest residents live in neighborhoods off the beaten path. Increasingly, some of these areas are more racially diverse. Newport Beach, Calif. In the heart of the O.C., two neighborhoods in particular make the Higley 1000 list: Pelican Hill, ZIP code 92657, with its ocean views, and Cameo Sho…
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
-
Typical. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/14/microsoft-office-ipad
- 4 replies
- 944 views
-
Congrats! I liked his dancing and humorous gestures on Glee. http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/-glee--star-harry-shum-jr--is-engaged-to-shelby-rabara-192744585.html
-
- 1 reply
- 847 views
-