Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I don't know whether you guys have watched women's figure skating at Sochi Olympics but it was a bit strange that Sotnikova won a gold medal over Kim. Anyways, which one of these two should have won? http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/olympics/wp/2014/02/21/womens-figure-skating-recap-did-adelina-sotnikova-beat-kim-yu-na-because-of-russiaflation/

    • 0 replies
    • 673 views
  2. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Tomcal's topic in the South America thread got me to start thinking---where is the best place to go (for an American) for a cost effective vacation, if boytoys are a primary concern. Factor in travel (airfare), lodging, food, and also cost of boys..Other factors is what else is there to do during the days? Rio is a favorite place of mine, but airfare keeps going up. Lodging is doing the same. Food has gotten much more expensive over the last few years. Boys are the only factor that still remains a bargain. Montreal is cheaper to get to, and the hotels are cheaper than Rio, but the boys are substantially more expensive. If it matters, i would be flying out of Phoenix,…

  3. Guest Paragon
    Started by Guest Paragon,

    It seems quite a stretch that a study would actually be conducted in the first place, and the results are a surprise, but sure enough, there is a study reported in today's sfgate.com that says that homophobes die about two years earlier than those who don't hate gays: http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Homophobic-People-Die-Earlier-5252503.php

  4. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    www.queerty.com/tom-daley-dan-osbourne-flip-with-each-other-20140217/ although I have to admit not a big fan of all the tattoos, but not a deal breaker! :-)

  5. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Is this a message error ? What's a Gold member???? Is there a diamond member too? What should I do to become a diamond member? My email associated with this forum has been hacked so I don't have access to it. I might have to close this account and start a new account to set up a new email account?

  6. Started by RA1,

    Spring must be just around the corner. Today it will be in the upper 60's in MEM but what really tells me that the seasons are changing is the robin who is building a nest on my south window. He (and probably she) is very diligent. They have been making noises against the window for two days now. I have tried to not interfere with any nest making and I am hoping that the male robin is NOT just attacking his reflection in the window. What a waste of time. Anyway, I look forward to the change of seasons even though they will provide new challenges for flying. Changes of seasons always provide weather which can be severe at times. I always try to avoid thunder bumpe…

  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.fox.com/programming/shows/?sh=event-series---24---live-another-day I've been binge watching the first eight seasons of "24". And I'm hooked all over again. I can't wait for the 9th special event season coming on 5-5-14 on Fox.

  8. Guest Paragon
    Started by Guest Paragon,

    But, as one blogger puts it:

    • 2 replies
    • 739 views
  9. Started by AdamSmith,

    Possibly this should not sully the Theatre, Art & Lit'rature forum... http://www.b3ta.com/challenge/national_gallery/page7

  10. Of course it’s sad that this is a news headline, that it took this long, that this is reality. But hey, let’s be happy about it instead — someone had to break the ice! M.K. Nobilette, 20, is officially the first openly gay contestant on American Idol. It’s really just a crazy technicality: Gay contestants in the past had never spoken of their sexuality on camera, seemingly by the show’s design. “I’m very obviously gay, and there are always gonna be people in America and everywhere else who will definitely hate me,” said Nobilette while waiting to hear her Hollywood Week fate before the judges. “But I think that in the last two years there have been a lot of things that h…

  11. Guest Paragon
    Started by Guest Paragon,

    Recently I had dinner with a friend who does not post, but is familiar with Daddy's website. He asked about this one, and I found myself describing it as a small, friendly place, where pretty much everybody knows each other, but sometimes guys drop in who only post sporadically. It's remarkably free from bitchiness, I told him. Sometimes I wish more people posted, especially the lurkers, but it's always nice to know that there's a friendly place you can go on the web. He laughed at me! "What is it," he asked, "some kind of Cheers?"

  12. 'Chaser' Star Max Rhyser, Director Sal Bardo On Controversial Barebacking MovieSee article and interview here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/18/chaser-movie-bug-chasing_n_4808846.html

  13. Wireless System Could Offer a Private Fast Lane By NICK WINGFIELD FEB. 19, 2014 The New York Times SAN FRANCISCO — In a spacious loft across the street from the Bay Bridge, Steve Perlman did something last week that would ordinarily bring a cellular network to its knees. Around him was a collection of eight iPhones, a pair of television sets with superhigh-resolution 4K displays and an arsenal of other devices. Mr. Perlman played high-definition movies from Netflix on a half-dozen or so devices at once, wirelessly transmitting all the video to them. Instead of stumbling under the strain of so much data jamming the airwaves at once, the video played on all the s…

  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Guess who is bowing to Helen Mirren. . . LOVE IT

    • 1 reply
    • 696 views
  15. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    This article was published in 2010, but still very relevant and interesting. I went to Miami/Sobe a lot from about 1996 to 2002 and then started going more often to Ft. Lauderdale, and this past year went 4 times to Ft. Laud. and zero times to Miami. http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-01-14/news/gays-are-leaving-south-beach-for-fort-lauderdale/

  16. Started by AdamSmith,

    Extremely cool! MicroObservatory Robotic Telescope Network NASA's space science researchers control some of the world's most sophisticated space probes and orbiting telescopes to get amazing images of objects in space. Now YOU can join them by operating your OWN ground-based "MicroObservatories" - real robotic telescopes that you command through this website! http://mo-www.cfa.harvard.edu/OWN/index.html

  17. From 2008 but someone just pointed me to it now. James Lovelock: 'enjoy life while you can: in 20 years global warming will hit the fan' The climate science maverick believes catastrophe is inevitable, carbon offsetting is a joke and ethical living a scam. So what would he do? Decca Aitkenhead The Guardian, Friday 29 February 2008 James Lovelock. Photograph: Eamonn McCabe In 1965 executives at Shell wanted to know what the world would look like in the year 2000. They consulted a range of experts, who speculated about fusion-powered hovercrafts and "all sorts of fanciful technological stuff". When the oil company asked the scientist James Lovelock, he predicted …

  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    Anyone watching this? I am enjoying it but I love Woody Harrellson and Matthew McConaughey. They are playing the detectives in the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwCoNwBSkQ

  20. Started by MsGuy,

    Oz, you just have to take a look at this Wendel Cruze comic strip. (Wendel was a 70's era gay preacher's boy from Alabama who bailed to the big city.) This particular episode reads like the creator knew you personally back in the day. http://www.howardcruse.com/howardsite/aboutbooks/wendelbook/wendel/wendel1/index.html Or maybe he's just imagining the same fresh from the farm picture of you I've constructed in my own mind.

  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    Which do you like the best? Kurt and Blain Lanto and Jack from Tourchwood Kevin and Scotty from Brothers and Sisters Will and Sonny Days of our Lives Brian and Justin Queer as Folk Noah and Wayde from Noah's Arc Agron & Nasir – Spartacus Ian & Mickey – Shameless

  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    THE FULL LIST OF NOMINEES: BEST PICTURE “12 Years a Slave” “American Hustle” “Captain Phillips” “Dallas Buyers Club” “Gravity” “Her” “Nebraska” “Philomena” “The Wolf of Wall Street” BEST DIRECTOR David O. Russell, “American Hustle” Alfonso Cuaron, “Gravity” Alexander Payne, “Nebraska” Steve McQueen, “12 Years a Slave” Martin Scorsese, “The Wolf of Wall Street” BEST ACTOR Christian Bale, “American Hustle” Bruce Dern, “Nebraska” Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Wolf of Wall Street” Chiwetel Ejiofor, “12 Years a Slave” Matthew McConaughey, “Dallas Buyers Club” BEST ACTRESS Amy Adams, “American Hustle” Cate Blanchett, “Blue Jasmine” Sandra Bullock, “Gravity” Judi Denc…

  23. Finally. When, I got to Rio, I can go to an Apple Store! And, from the pics, the guys down there are head over heels in love with Apple. When I travel there, I am often asked by friends to pick up something Apple for them. Now, they have their own place! http://www.themalaymailonline.com/tech-gadgets/article/south-americas-first-apple-store-opens-in-rio http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/tech/2014/02/15/first-apple-store-in-south-america-opens-in-rio-de-janeiro/5509051/

  24. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I took advantage of the current fare wars to S.A. and purchased a Business class ticket to Buenos Aires from LAX for $1,720 a.i.! That is round trip BTW! A real bargain. My friend The Points guy has a article on his blog detailing some of the ways to find these bargains-and there are actually cheaper ways to get to South America! http://thepointsguy.com/2014/02/cheap-business-class-fares-to-south-america-from-1099/

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.