Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by wayout,

    After a particularly stressful day or week, what is your typical and/or favorite way to unwind to relieve that stress? A stiff drink or two (and if so, what is your preference for cocktails these days), recreational drugs, sex, music, movies, pigging out, other, etc? I'm sitting here after a fairly stressful day and am enjoying a couple vodka and tonics, and the world just seems so much better to me right now than earlier today Cheers....

  2. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    It's a straight love story but it is so romantic..

    • 4 replies
    • 783 views
  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    We’ve had a thread of hairy airport landings before, but I just noticed this item with photos of 13 such airports. It mentions Kathmandu but there is no photo. It’s scary only because the aircraft has to manoeuvre around quite high hills before lining up. Jiuzhai-Huanglong airport set at 3,450 meters up in China's Sichuan Province is a lot more nail-biting. Of those in the photos, I’d love to land at Quito (No, 1) and Saint Martin (No. 8 ), although why anyone would wish to be on the beach at St. Martin with a 747 only meters above their head beats me! Photo: The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2013/feb/07/white-knuckle-airports-in-pictures#/?picture…

  4. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    This year at the WSOP at least at the final tables there is a mouse like device to the right o the dealer. You might be able to see it is wired not wifi. I can tell you it is never touched or moved electronically thus itis not a camera. It does not appear to be a mic as the sound would be uneven at such a large table. Any idea what this might be? I'm going crazier than normal trying to figure it out

    • 2 replies
    • 962 views
  5. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    Being a picture-aholic, I am in the habit of using Tumblr blogs for my daily fix. Today everything has changed there. Previously a blog displayed thumbnails and one could surf the pics for the entire current month and access previous months by clicking on an icon on the top of the page. No longer.. The "thumbnails" are now huge but only a very small selection of the current day's pictures are displayed. In addition the previous month icon is not working. Any other of you guys finding the same trouble? If it stays this way it makes the blogs next to useless, IMO.

  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7BraXq07kkM

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Guest loneranger
    Started by Guest loneranger,

    • 1 reply
    • 801 views
  8. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    This past weekend I happened to be in the company of several teenagers. The subject of music came up and I felt I was left completely out of the conversation. The reason being that the music that is popular today has little interest for me. It all sounds the same, you can't hum most of the songs, I can hardly distinguish one artist from the next. So I thought I would try and determine if they had any interest in what I refer to as "The Classics". By that I don't mean classical music in the true sense of the word but the old standards and artists that are the mainstay of my record/CD/tape collection. I was disappointed, but not entirely surprised, to hear that they had n…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    It is obvious that Marco Rubio does not like gays. Here is what he said about the Immigration bill that Leahy has filed an amendment that would give gays and lesbians immigration rights. "If this bill has in it something that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill. I'm gone. I'm off it," he said. "I've said that repeatedly. I don't think that's going to happen, and it shouldn't happen. This is already a difficult enough issue as it is." Now, may I ask why on earth he is such a douchebag?

  10. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Oh my the guy is so hot. Are you guys going to buy more Kraft products? http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/kraft-zesty-italian-salad-dressing-ad-stirs-controversy-220105131.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDVzgObmKJg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27xs3alDA74 And here is a parody for the ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=wr9SQd99LCg

    • 3 replies
    • 716 views
  11. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I saw the Abbey boys on the news early this morning, YUM! Just wondering anybody from here attend? Any report to share?

    • 13 replies
    • 998 views
  12. Such a sweet story. Read this when you have time. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Amelia/when-my-son-met-his-boyfriend-darren-criss_b_3413346.html?utm_hp_ref=celebrity&ir=Celebrity

  13. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    As some parts of the world are easing restrictions on gay life and acceptance, yesterday the Russian parliament approved a couple of laws which will make life even more difficult for the country's gays and liberals. The first law makes it illegal to spread any gay "propaganda of non-tradional sexual relations to minors". This was passed 436 - 0 and introduces a series of fines for individuals and media groups, as well as special fines for foreigners. So gay travellers to Russia should beware, for once the law becomes effective, foreigners can be detained for up to 15 days and fined up to £1,975 (US$3,088) for breaking it. The second law allows for jail sentences of u…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I was at a hotel bar last night and chatting with a few people from California. It kind of dawned on me that if I happen to see a hot guy I always look to find out if he is wearing a wedding ring ... if so it "warns" me he is straight. Well no more Between civil unions and gay marriage one cannot count on the warning ring to be accurate these days. I learned this yesterday evening after chatting with this one handsome stud for nearly an hour his husband came into the bar to join him So much for the subtle warning I and I am sure others would take note of in the past.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I think this is a nice move. Not sure I would send my son to Boy Scout if I had a son. I think I can be a soccer or hockey mom but not sure how to deal with a boy but definitely not to Boy Scouts. http://news.yahoo.com/caterpillar-drops-boy-scouts-support-213535524.html

    • 2 replies
    • 833 views
  16. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Not one no vote to the anti-gay bill in Russia. I can believe it. http://news.yahoo.com/russian-anti-gay-bill-passes-protesters-detained-145841244.html

  17. NOW I get it !

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  18. Gatekeepers of Cable TV Try to Stop Intel By BRIAN STELTER Published: June 12, 2013 WASHINGTON — As Intel tries something audacious — the creation of a virtual cable service that would sell a bundle of television channels to subscribers over the Internet — it is running up against a multibillion-dollar barricade. That barricade is guarded by Time Warner Cable and other cable and satellite distributors, which are trying to make it difficult — if not impossible — for Intel to go through with its plan. The distributors are using a variety of methods to pressure the owners of cable channels, with whom they have lucrative long-term contracts, not to s…

  19. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    It is a very touching story. The kid's mom is awesome. Not sure whether Darren can be his boyfriend since it only one sided love. If that were how it worked, I would have thousands of boyfriends now. lol. Anyways, congratulations! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Amelia/when-my-son-met-his-boyfriend-darren-criss_b_3413346.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

    • 1 reply
    • 633 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Amelia/when-my-son-met-his-boyfriend-darren-criss_b_3413346.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices This is such a charming story. I dare you not to shed a tear.

    • 2 replies
    • 859 views
  21. Study Shows Pill Prevents H.I.V. Among Drug Addicts In a very interesting NYT article, the effects of taking drugs before infection is a good sign in the fight against HIV. It is also interesting that this study was done in Thailand and the participants were paid. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/13/health/pill-prevents-hiv-among-drug-addicts-in-a-study.html?hp&_r=0

  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Here are the first movie posters for the upcoming "Man of Steel" coming in June 2013. Where are his red pants?

  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 6 replies
    • 926 views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Happy Birthday to a hottie on Broadway Nick Adams. http://www.thebacklot.com/thirty-hot-pics-of-birthday-boy-nick-adams/06/2013/?xrs=synd_facebook_backlot On the right:

  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 6 replies
    • 983 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.