The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-liberace-las-vegas-mansion-20130627,0,948445.story LAS VEGAS — Liberace’s old off-Strip mansion is up for sale for a veritable song, but is the property fabulous or a decrepit fixer-upper? Built in 1962, the once-lavish 14,939-square-foot spread sits on a half-acre lot near the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and features two bedrooms, 10 bathrooms and several large areas for entertaining. There are flashes of the legendary pizazz once embodied by Liberace, whose life was the subject of the recent HBO film, “Behind the Candelabra,” which details the eccentric entertainer’s secretive romance with f…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Right now I am working on a move. It might happen but if not that is ok too. What I had n mind while creating this post is where you guys would like to live given your current circumstances. Lets say you have the funds to move anywhere in the world but your over all lifestyle will remain the same ... meaning you do not have endless money (of course unless you are OZ ). I am curious how many would stay in their current living situation and who might wonder to a different city or even country. Don't be shy ...
- 13 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
As most of you know, I love Thailand and my two boyfriends that live with me here are great guys and take good care of me while here. I always enjoy my time in Thailand but I am getting to detest the flights. It was 30 hours door to door and that is a long time for an old man like me. I was on Delta and I enjoyed the lay flat seats but I had that they have only one bathroom on the main business class cabin for everyone. They will tell you that you are welcome to use the ones upstairs but that is a pain in the ass. IMHO On this trip, I wanted to be sure I brought some things I have wanted in Thailand for a long while. I have a 3 wheel bike I wanted to bring which is both…
- 10 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
In another thread I was asking about the Soda Stream system. But I did want to share a weird fetish (?) I have. I love crushed ice. To the point where I will fill a glass with crushed ice and chomp on it like someone might drink a soda. Taking it a step further I love cola Slurpee as well but due to the sugar content I try to shy away from them. So do any of you guys get into crushed ice?
-
Interesting. The 3D model of Mary, Queen of Scots is the face of a historical divide Portraits from the past reveal that medicine plus the consumer society remade human beings in the 1960s Jonathan Jones guardian.co.uk, Friday 28 June 2013 12.07 EDT A computer-generated image from the University of Dundee of the face of Mary, Queen of Scots, as she would have looked at the time of her reign. Photograph: Wilkinson/Aitken/University of D/PA Their faces look back at us out of portraits, marble busts and old photographs. The people of the past are as human as we are, maybe more so, and yet their noses are longer, their faces thinner, the skin more sallow or d…
- 8 replies
- 2.1k views
-
Last fall the bf and I married while visiting New York. But our marriage was not recognized in our home state of California, giving it sort of a nebulous feeling. But now we are married in California too as the Ninth Circuit lifted the stay on Judge Walker's decision accepting same-sex marriage in California. So that means we are recognized as a married couple with no need to re-do the ceremony. Gifts may be sent care of this site...we are registered at Pleasure Chest!
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
Author, broadcaster and human rights activist Craig Murray speaking at a Yes Scotland meeting in Morningside. Mr Murray was British Ambassador to Uzbekistan from August 2002 to October 2004 and Rector of the University of Dundee from 2007 to 2010
-
Anybody watching this new series? I think its on USA network .... I watch it on Hulu. Basically about a group of undercover law enforcement agents from various agencies living in a beach front home in SoCal. So far it shows some staying power.
-
- 4 replies
- 882 views
- 1 follower
-
-
IT worker in China accidently broadcasts porn on giant outdoor screen for 10 minutes From THE SUN Last Updated: 11:12 AM, July 1, 2013 Posted: 11:10 AM, July 1, 2013 A dopey IT worker was caught watching porn at work - when he accidentally beamed it onto a giant outdoor TV screen. Passengers waiting for trains at Jilin Station in China were stunned when saucy scenes from X-rated film The Forbidden Legend of Sex and Chopsticks appeared on the huge screen, which is usually used to air adverts. The movie played for ten minutes before the plug was pulled. It turns out a technician had hooked his computer up to the screen to fix a fault - but forgot to disconn…
-
- 0 replies
- 813 views
-
-
Japan's public broadcaster sued over use of English wordsElderly viewers confused by increasing trend to use anglicised terms instead of their Japanese equivalent Justin McCurry in Tokyo guardian.co.uk, Thursday 27 June 2013 02.57 EDT Japan's public broadcaster, NHK, is in a spot of toraburu with a disgruntled viewer who has filed a damages lawsuit against the company for the "mental distress" caused by its excessive use of words derived from English. Hoji Takahashi, who says he represents a pressure group that protects the Japanese language, is seeking 1.41 million yen (£9,300) in damages from NHK, reports said. In his suit filed with the Nagoya district court, T…
-
- 2 replies
- 838 views
-
-
An American man in Florida and his husband, who is from Bulgaria, have become the first same-sex married couple to be approved for a permanent resident visa, an immigration milestone that comes after the Supreme Court struck down a federal law against same-sex marriage. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/us/gay-married-man-in-florida-is-approved-for-green-card.html?hp&_r=3&
-
- 2 replies
- 709 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Lately I have been seeing many good deals on Soda Stream machines. I am wondering do any of you guys have one? Is it worth picking up?
-
- 1 reply
- 765 views
-
-
My sister just bought an Acer Chromebook because she needed something very lightweight but with a real keyboard and inexpensive. I suggested it to her because she really only used her netbook for email and web-browsing, and never stored anything on it. She has had trouble learning to use it, and the Acer support people told her she can't user her Yahoo email account on it. I don't understand why she can't access her Yahoo account through the Chrome browser - or is there something different about the browser on Chromebooks? Any Chromebook users here?
-
Having already been informed about a “gay lobby” within the Vatican in a document passed to him by his predecessor, Pope Francis finally admitted its existence recently in leaked notes of a private conversation with Catholic Officials at the Latin American Conference of Religious. Handing this was “difficult”, Francis is alleged to have said, adding that alongside “holy people”, there was also a “stream of corruption” in the Vatican. Last week new allegation surfaced. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/30/pope-gay-lobby-vatican-gossip http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/12/reports-pope-gay-prelate-network
-
-
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 650 views
-
-
So surprise, surprise, a Jewish lady writing a biography of Muhammad comes to a conclusion as to who the true infidels are, but have a listen, you may be more more surprised than you think, though it is not to everyone's taste - as one of her detractors said "She might as well have told the story of Harry Potter and how Voldemort is a fundamentalist...", and while I am not a big fan of TED another protagonist claimed the talk was not "TED-worthy"! http://on.ted.com/Hazleton On Muhammad, the relationship between faith and doubt, and the travesty of fundamentalism for some background, her blog: The Accidental Theologist - an agnostic eye on religion, politics a…
- 17 replies
- 3.9k views
-
I haven't seen a post by him for weeks. He is one of the regulars who keeps this forum going, so I hope we haven't lost him.
-
- 6 replies
- 996 views
-
-
China asks if 'happy ending' services are illegal GILLIAN WONG 6 hours ago BEIJING (AP) — China's law enforcers are having an unusually public debate about a delicate topic: Do paid sexual services known as "happy endings" at massage parlors count as crimes if they don't involve actual sexual intercourse? While prostitution is illegal in China, its boundaries are being discussed with rare candor by courts, police and state media — even the usually stodgy flagship newspaper of the Communist Party. "Various places have different standards for whether masturbation services are a crime; judicial interpretation urgently needed," read a headline of the People's Daily …
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
-
One of my idols, Arthur C. Clarke, turned 90 yesterday. Herewith part of his birthday message... ...I have great faith in optimism as a guiding principle, if only because it offers us the opportunity of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. So I hope we've learnt something from the most barbaric century in history – the 20th. I would like to see us overcome our tribal divisions and begin to think and act as if we were one family. That would be real globalisation… As I complete 90 orbits, I have no regrets and no more personal ambitions. But if I may be allowed just three wishes, they would be these. Firstly, I would like to see some evidence of extra-terrestrial lif…
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
I was reading the majority opinion of the court and encountered a following phrase.. a ‘”bare congressional desire to harm a politically unpopular group What is a bare congressional desire???? Can someone explain that to me??
-
- 3 replies
- 775 views
-
-
For a $50 bet this guy agreed to ride his bike from one small town to another in Texas Fuck I would have given him $60. to just kick back in my bed while I took care of what is under that boot Video at http://trib.al/Rl8mlp6
-
-
- 1 reply
- 750 views
-
-
I have a friend of mine in Rome that checks my writing and makes changes to it as I am dyslexic and can't see when I make spelling mistakes. I have been working on Berlin, Germany city guides. I had over 40 of them and I sent them to her from my Gmail account. She checked things and went back and edited for spelling, etc and she also added the German addresses. She sends me my documents back to 3 different email addresses. One of them is me.com and one is gmail.com I noticed she had sent me the edited version to my gmail account but not to my Mobile Me account. I assumed she had forgotten and I forwarded it to my Me account but again, it was not there. I did this …
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
This story about Aaron Hernandez is so sad. Rang true for me a bit as like his Dad I had problems post-hernia surgery. Mine didn't kill me but losing your father at a young age can be so tough and hard to handle. Then given a contract extension for 40 million bucks over 5 years and then to throw it all away. Wow! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1685469-complete-timeline-of-the-rise-fall-of-aaron-hernandez?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-