Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by AdamSmith,

    OK, enough about the NSA for a few minutes anyway. Stuff What Makes a Fart? By Jonathan Smith Did you know that no two farts are exactly alike? It’s true. Farts are sort of like snowflakes in that regard. Little, invisible, smelly, snowflakes. While everybody past the age of 10 is well-versed in the manifold variety of farts and their associated sounds and smells and sensations and sobriquets, precious few of us know anything at all about the sources of their great diversity. Can you, for instance, explain the lingering piquancy of the "hot fart" in any greater scientific detail than "that one was spicy"? I can't. And that's sad. In order to rectify this egr…

  2. Started by Suckrates,

    Wendy's in Canada introduced its New T-Rex Sandwich And Krispy Kreme has introduced its New Sloppy Joe Sandwich, on a Krispy Kreme Donut, of course.

    • 0 replies
    • 808 views
  3. Started by AdamSmith,

    fec·u·lent (fky-lnt) adj.Full of foul or impure matter; fecal. [Middle English, from Latin faeculentus, heavy with sediment, from faex, faec-, dregs.] fecu·lence n. I.e., full of shit! ...Others?

    • 0 replies
    • 697 views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 1 reply
    • 691 views
  5. Wasn't it Davy Crocket that 'grinned them bars' to death?

  6. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    While I am deciding on my next city to move to a friend and I have rented a condo near Denver. As you guys know I am very overweight ... I am wondering, if you know or have experience, do you think I will have health issues with the lack of oxygen?

    • 8 replies
    • 953 views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    I had to get another license for MS Office and it was cheaper to get the Cloud subscription. I needed to upgrade to the newest Adobe Creative Suite and they have announced they would no longer be making CD's for sale and all sales would be on the cloud. Is everything going to the "Cloud"?

  8. Started by Gotti,

    • 0 replies
    • 742 views
  9. Started by Rogie,

    http://techpresident.com/news/23617/quebecs-language-laws-lead-pastagate I am indebted to my Canadian cousin who brought this story up in the pub last night. He lives in Ottawa but was born and raised in Montreal. I myself lived in Montreal as a small boy.

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  10. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    The late T. Rex (Marc Bolan) was an amazing artist. Here he performs on Top of The Pops and check out who is playing piano

    • 0 replies
    • 586 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Very interesting scene last night on Mad Men. . .an intimate moment between Bob & Pete? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/10/mad-men-bob-benson-pete-campbell_n_3416488.html

  12. I was very sad to hear that one of my favorite writers is suffering from a terminal illness and soon to die. Lain Banks or Lain M. Banks is one of the best living writers of the English language. I first started reading his science fiction books and was soon immersed in his fantastic creation of the anarchist Culture society. I soon discover that his also wrote regular fiction and read the incredible "The Wasp Factory". He has an incredible mind and a fantastic ability to put words together. This coupled with his disdain for much of religion and his grasp of the human mind make him a "must read" author. While some of the best films and books in America have come fr…

  13. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    He stood up for a gay soldier. He is an ideal prince.. http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/17536893/prince-harry-saved-me-from-hate-attack/

    • 0 replies
    • 615 views
  14. Started by KhorTose,

    The Gaurdian had a great little filler piece about long words in English. It was easy to guess what they meant from the multiple choices you were given. I think some of the wrong choices you could have picked were worth a smile, so I am posting the link here. Oh, I had never heard of any of these words. Am I alone? http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/shortcuts/2013/jun/04/longest-words-english-what-they-mean

  15. Started by AdamSmith,

    • 2 replies
    • 894 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 1 reply
    • 704 views
  17. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The new movie about Liberace and his one-time lover, Scott Thorson, seemingly played with superb conviction by two of the least gay actors you could imagine, Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, had its premiere at Cannes last night to rave acclaim from attendees (according to the Huffington Post). As Damon told The Guardian, neither actor hesitated to play a gay character. http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/may/21/behind-the-candelabra-cannes-oscar Ironically at a time when gay marriage laws are being changed in many parts of the world, this movie was turned down by every Hollywood studio because they believed the film would find only minimal audiences as a result of …

  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 2 replies
    • 616 views
  19. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    This summer Jon Stewart will take hiatus from his Comedy Central Daily Show to produce a movie in the middle east. Obviously he must feel very deeply about the screen play he wrote from a Iranian friends book Then They Came For Me. Which was a result of his new friends interview for the Daily Show shot in Tehran. I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart so it will be interesting to see if cast member and replacement host Jon Oliver can at least keep the show interesting over the next 3 months.

    • 0 replies
    • 665 views
  20. Started by Suckrates,

    • 1 reply
    • 748 views
  21. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Not sure whether the article is properly titled. The chart in the article is a bit strange.. It doesn't add up to 100%. Anyways, I'm glad that Michael Douglas is ok and he can cancer is in remission. http://news.yahoo.com/hpv-growing-cause-upper-throat-185042543.html

    • 4 replies
    • 940 views
  22. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzI9v_B4sxw

  23. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    part 1 hmmm

    • 0 replies
    • 646 views
  24. How to squeeze lemon and peel shrimp without getting your fingers dirty? When I get a dish served with a slice of lemon, I squeeze the lemon with my left thumb and index finger, pressing it against the fork (hold in my right hand). So I get the juice on my dish, but my fingers become dirty. How can I squeeze the lemon without getting my fingers dirty? (Well, I could try to clean them with some of these flimsy tissues – that’s a different subject. I first lick them clean and then wipe them dry on my handkerchief.) In Europe, we have devices like this to solve the problem: but the slices of lemon are cut in a different way in Thailand. Why are …

    • 5 replies
    • 2.8k views
  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Like him or not, he’s one of the most popular comic personalities on British television and films, the front man for the annual Brit Movie Awards and a noted author. Stephen Fry's life is a bit like an open book, for he has often talked about himself, notably in the first two parts of his frank and often hilariously funny autobiography. Less well known, like Catherine Zeta Jones Stephen Fry suffers from bipolar disorder and is President of the Mental Health Charity, Mind. As such, he is equally open about his many mood swings and the fact that he takes medication to control them. It has long been known that he attempted suicide in 1995 when he quite literally walked out …

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.