The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
:01 PM ET | Filed under: Canadialand • Inspiration • Business Blitz • Food The Crookie is about to take Canada by storm, and you can totally tell why by the picture (above)! 'When you bite in, it's creamy and sweet, with the cream wrapping itself in the croissant dough and a crunchiness from the Oreo bits.' Food boner alert! LOLz! This amazing desert was created by a Canadian pastry chef, and it's made by stuffing croissant dough with crushed Double Stuf Oreos and icing sugar, then baking it with half an Oreo placed on top. I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOO BAD - Creamy and sweet inside.... It don't get better than that !
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 581 views
-
-
I have noticed what seems like a very high prevalence of anal warts where I'm at. I get a lot of messages asking advice on how to deal with it and local message boards are full of posts seeking recommendations for hospitals and doctors to get it treated. It's not something that I have experienced in the US. Are asians simply more susceptible to it?
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
-
I just bought a new pressure cooker for my home in USA. I love it! I have wanted one for a few years but always worried about them. I started to do a bit of research and found these were much safer than many years back. So, I bit the bullet and purchased one. I also wanted one to have when I return to Thailand so the BF and I can cook a bit more. This is the one I purchased. Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Family Style Pressure Cooker Stockpot 8 Quart I have cooked some beans in it and it turned out yummy! I also cooked a veggie chili and it too was great. Using the pressure cooker really does cut the cooking time by leaps and bounds and the flavor is infused in.…
- 33 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
Our good pal Eddie Snowden has been offered political asylum by three countries, Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Venezuela. So if you were in a like situation which of the three would you chose and why?
-
- 7 replies
- 946 views
- 1 follower
-
-
- 4 replies
- 888 views
-
For over a month, I have missed the postings, the threads, the visuals, and the contributions from Lurkerspeaks. Does anyone know what has happened? Is he on a leave of absence at his own volition, a wonderful holiday, or what? This ardent contributor and reader would like to have his curiosity solved! Many thanks, men!!!!
- 47 replies
- 5.6k views
- 1 follower
-
Airline Fees Keep Climbing Some Carriers Bundle Charges for Former Freebies, Framing Them as a Service Read all about it: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323689204578569653054627258.html?ru=yahoo?mod=yahoo_itp
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
Well, while I love John Keats and Percy Booth Shelly, I am not much of a poet so I won't write a beautiful ode for him as it would be silly. (Lookin: if you read this, feel free to chime in) But, I saw a post from Lucky in the Lurkerspeaks thread and then he deleted it to remind us he is retired. I just wanted to remind Lucky that being retired is not the same as being dead. You can retire from posting and just post here and there and it will be appreciated. But, to completely remove yourself is more than retirement; it is desertion. We hope that when you feel the urge, that you will post even while you sip margaritas in PS. You too are very missed as a presence on t…
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The "Velvet Teddy Bear," who won season 2 of the Fox singing competition in 2003, will compete on the NBC weight loss show as he attempts to battle his obesity a task he has attempted previously with limited success. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20713600,00.html
-
- 4 replies
- 921 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 675 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 858 views
-
-
You may not have heard of Lawson, but they are a British boy band and they recently went nude for a charity. Here is one of their music videos:
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
Since many of the members of this forum have own websites I share my recommendations here. If someone of you wants English speaking copywriting or article writing for your website I recommend Jet - 22 yo Filipino student of IT college with good skills and rich 4 years professional background. His English is very good, and prices are very reasonable (less than $3 per hour). It is safe to hire him as a freelancer since he is using well known oDesk freelance service as a mediator. More info about Jet, samples of his articles in portfolio, testimonials, and contact info you can find at his website I have no personal interest in his business and never meet him in …
-
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8GSr0OH8SI
-
- 3 replies
- 964 views
-
-
- 4 replies
- 933 views
-
I am on a diet in which I have lost 38K. A month ago I bought a scale to weight the things without weights on them or the amount I take from the full weight. Recently I started to weigh the meats I buy and guess what. All the packages are 5% under weight from their label. Why am I not surprised. I would complain, but I doubt it would do any good. Only in Thailand. This is from the largest grocery chain in this country. Now I understand why they show a profit.
- 17 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
OK they are really creative. How about "Sexyback" in barbershop quartet fashion?
-
-
Bring all those hot Brazilian Boys and Thai Guys over to the USA. You can now legally do this if you are married in a place that allows gay marriage. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/02/napolitano-confirms-gay-couples-can-apply-visa-for-foreign-spouse/?test=latestnews#ixzz2XvcG4FyU The Obama administration confirmed that gay citizens can apply for a visa for a foreign spouse now that the Supreme Court has struck down part of the Defense of Marriage Act that limited such privileges to heterosexual couples. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Monday that same-sex visa petitions must be processed in the same manner as those filed by opposite-sex co…
-
- 2 replies
- 759 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a friend of mine in Rome that checks my writing and makes changes to it as I am dyslexic and can't see when I make spelling mistakes. I have been working on Berlin, Germany city guides for http://www.boytoy.com I had over 40 of them and I sent them to her from my Gmail account. She checked things and went back and edited for spelling, etc and she also added the German addresses. She sends me my documents back to 3 different email addresses. One of them is me.com and one is gmail.com I noticed she had sent me the edited version to my gmail account but not to my Mobile Me account. I assumed she had forgotten and I forwarded it to my Me account but…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Strange Eats: Scientists Who Snack on Their ResearchBy Becky Oskin, Staff Writer, LiveScience A tube of saggy, bacteria-filled flesh, the deep-sea tubeworm displays a uniquely unappetizing appearance. But marine biologist Peter Girguis and his colleagues tried a morsel anyway. "We just took off a little piece and ate it raw," said Girguis, a professor at Harvard University. "It had the texture of hot dogs with match heads ground in," he said. Living next to hydrothermal vents that spew toxic water rich in heavy metals and sulfuric acid gives the worms an odd flavor. "If it weren't for the sulfur, who knows, they might even be tasty," Girguis told LiveScience. Why would…
-
- 0 replies
- 857 views
-
-
Last week new allegation surfaced. It is always funny to hear about issues the church has because it is my firm believe that repression of sexuality leads to deviant behavior. IMHO, the church should allow the Priests to have relationships and fuck. It would be much better for everyone involved if they were able to fuck and suck in a normal way as opposed to going after young kids. But, that is just my opinion. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/30/pope-gay-lobby-vatican-gossip http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/12/reports-pope-gay-prelate-network
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
*(Supreme Court of the United States) Some chatter that the long awaited DOMA decision might happen tomorrow (Tuesday). http://news.yahoo.com/chat-about-the-supreme-court-ruling-with-scotusblog-experts-201912869.html Many previous posts in this thread http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8680-obama-administration-weighs-in-on-defense-of-marriage-law/ Including some friendly wagers and much predicting of the outcome... "Expert" consensus is the judgement will be narrow and cautious. I really hope the experts are wrong. This is just plain discrimination and needs to end now. Here is hoping.....
-
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
-