The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
My computer got fried because of a malware but not sure it is related to a my inquisitive appetite. I was interested in a programmer who sold a simple surveillance program to escort agencies in Asia. I thought it was a simple code but it can do more than it claims, unbeknownst to most of programer operators. I don't think the program isn't that harmful since it just locates the person and able to get some basic information if the operator has limited knowledge in computers but to an experienced person it could be exploited to do more. I think some escort agencies use it to protect themselves from authorities investigating them, and avoid hacklers and flakers bothering the…
- 11 replies
- 1.5k views
-
Sex Toys 101, courtesy of Durex...
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
These signs really make me wonder if I should go back.
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
We need a Food Forum here. Anyway, ughhh... Think Twice Before Buying This Type of Burger ...by Food Babe 4th of July is right around the corner and I really can’t think of a better way to celebrate Independence Day than a good old fashioned BBQ. But I have to be honest here, attending a BBQ produces a bit of anxiety for me every time. Will the host serve only beef hamburgers and hotdogs? (I don’t eat beef or any type hot dog.) Will the meat be organic? Will there be vegetarian options? Will the cook char the meat to death and produce heterocyclic amines that are known to cause colon cancer? Needless to say, I am honestly a little disappointed when the host dec…
- 22 replies
- 2.9k views
-
Possibly a reason to watch TV (well, computer) again...? The Bleak Old Shop of StuffA Victorian comedy adventure in the style of Charles Dickens following shop owner Jedrington Secret-Past About the showThe Bleak Old Shop Of Stuff is a new four-part comedy adventure set in the Dickensian world of Jedrington Secret-Past, the up-standing family man and owner of The Old Shop of Stuff, Victorian London's most successful purveyor of miscellaneous odd things. The series has an impressive ensemble cast led by Robert Webb (That Mitchell And Webb Look) in the role of Jedrington and Katherine Parkinson (The IT Crowd) who plays his wife Conceptiva. The Christmas special will…
-
- 3 replies
- 997 views
-
-
We have made this every week now for a month and LOVE it. It is nutritious and delicious. We server it with BBQ chicken strips for a balance of protein. Ingredients 2 pounds root vegetables (use potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, beets), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch wedges 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil Salt to taste 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled Chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, or balsamic vinegar (optional) Instructions 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the root vegetables and onion in a roasting pan. 2. Toss the vegetables with th…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Secret Messages Discovered in Donald Trump’s Hair! Is He Trying to Warn Us? By Bruce Handy and Juli Weiner Vanity Fair By M. Spencer Green/A.P. Photo. Moldy baguette Donald Trump was recently photographed outside a federal courthouse in Chicago, where he is currently being sued by an 87-year-old woman. Despite years of Trump-hair connoisseurship, your Vanity Fair follicular correspondents had never seen the thrice-bankrupted businessman’s fuzzy skull growth from such a revealing, harshly-lit angle. What initially appeared to be nothing more than a simple doppelgänger for a cavity-ridden tooth—or perhaps a half-popped popcorn kernel—turned out to be, upon closer…
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Well the World Series Of Poker has begun ... I miss the money, sounds characters but most of all I miss sitting at table with a sexy young man like this ... so fucking distracting but mmmm I wonder if his tall stack size matches his pleasure tool size or which is bigger No wonder why I lost all my money who can play poker with eye candy like this?
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
-
Is anyone else having problems with pages opening? It's taking me about 5 minutes for each page to load.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
For those who viewed the video of Memorial Day posted earlier, can anyone identify all the nations represented? I believe there were 7 but could only identify 6.
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
It's a controversial case. What do you think? http://m.wpbf.com/news/kaitlyn-hunt-will-not-take-a-plea-deal/-/17441430/20290912/-/lma4mjz/-/index.html
-
Not sure why the writer says this Starbucks in HongKong used toilet water to brew its coffee. That isn't really the case. http://www.webpronews.com/toilet-water-coffee-angers-starbucks-customers-2013-05
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
-
Clarence Burke Jr., lead singer of the group the Five Stairsteps that sang the 1970 hit "O-o-h Child," has died. He was 64. Burke died on Sunday -- a day after his birthday -- in Marietta, Ga., where he lived, according to his friend and manager Joe Marno. The cause of his death was not disclosed. Formed in Chicago in 1965, the Five Stairsteps included Burke, three of his brothers and a sister. They owed their name to their mother, who said that they looked like stairsteps when they stood beside each other in order of age, the Los Angeles Times reported. Burke, the eldest brother, was the group's producer and choreographer, played guitar and wrote many of the songs. H…
-
Interesting craigslist posting... Casting call for "Sex, Drugs and Blueberries" the film (western Maine) We're currently casting three female leads and one male lead for the film version of "Sex, Drugs and Blueberries," a story about how quickly things can wrong. Set amid the oxycontin abuse epidemic in downeast Maine, this is a gritty film with graphic depictions of blueberry raking. (Plus some nudity, drug use and sex.) We're shooting in August and stars Maine rock legend Dave Gutter of Rustic Overtones and Paranoid Social Club. Visit sexdrugsandblueberries.com to learn more about the film and for details about the roles of Missy, Buffy, Savannah and Ganeesh. Thes…
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
-
... You were young, life was all fun, you just earned your first few million dollars, no way will this ever end ... but then remember before you had throat cancer, before your son was old enough to join your band, before you had a falling out with nearly everyone close to you, before your music career was so washed up you were working as a EMT in NYC, before you started hanging out with I can't Drive 55 Sammy Hagar, before you jumped the shark .... Well this was that time the start of it all the freestyle you felt you owned ...and the worship you commanded ALL SMILES LETS GO THEN .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srigw49TQzQ&list=PLa3W7GUmQiQ6MtaP52XKXTqXXkhxIA7ee
-
I thought this wedding photo was a cool idea. . .
- 3 replies
- 819 views
-
There are a few threads I have moved today as I got so tired of seeing them in the top threads and I also thought that both were getting a bit nasty for my tastes. I was told by one poster this week that I didn't know the word nasty and I may have higher sensitivities than most. I agree with that as it is one of my flaws. PLEASE, show curtsey to other members on this site. If this is not possible, please do not post on those threads. We do hate to loose members but we much prefer a site of gentlemen than mean girls. This is not directed at 99 percent of our members. But, if you think it is you, you may be right. Please show respect to others. Please be kind. Please do…
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
I want to scan in a few thousand old negatives. Most are 110 and 35mm. I have not yet purchased a scanner to do this with. Has anyone else ever done this and if so, what device did you use? I am looking at this one right now: Plustek OpticFilm 8200 Ai 35mm Film Slide Scanner The problem is it is only for 35mm.
- 4 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
I have not heard of this till now. Anyone have first hand experience?
- 3 replies
- 984 views
- 1 follower
-
- 4 replies
- 982 views
-
Lion, Tiger and Bear Make for Odd, Yet Happy Family at Ga. Sanctuary By Steve OsunsamiABC News Apr 10, 2013 6:50pm See article for video: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/lion-tiger-and-bear-make-for-odd-yet-happy-family-at-ga-sanctuary/ At Noah’s Ark, a wild-animal rescue center in Georgia, the “BLT” are an unlikely trio that even “Oz’s” Dorothy would find hard to fear. “It’s a lion, a tiger and a bear — oh my!” said Allison Hedgecoth of Noah’s Ark. “They live together and they don’t see their differences. They don’t see their color differences.” In a small pen, Baloo (an American black bear), Leo (the lion) and Shere Kahn (a Bengal tiger) cuddle, p…
- 9 replies
- 1.5k views
-
How To Brew Prison-Grade Toilet WineThe *other* way to become popular if you’re stuck behind bars. Can’t get your hands on real booze? Source: oregonculinaryinstitute.com Source: eatdrinkoc.com Toilet wine – AKA “Pruno” – is super easy to make. Of course, actually drinking it is another story. http://www.buzzfeed.com/kater11/brewing-and-drinking-toilet-wine-aka-pruno
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
I am sure some of you may remember what I have seen about Montpellier being the gay SF of France. It now will host the first gay marriage in France. Montpellier, France (CNN) -- The French city of Montpellier will witness history Wednesday when its mayor officiates the nation's first same-sex wedding in front of hundreds of guests. Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau will exchange vows at a ceremony in the southern city, watched by some 500 guests seated on brightly colored chairs. Autin, 40, is the head of the region's Lesbian and Gay Pride association -- and his wedding to Boileau, 30, marks a big step forward for same-sex equality, he says. "When French children ar…
-
- 1 reply
- 620 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have written extensively on other sites about Montpellier being one of my favorite cities in France and I call it the Gay San Francisco. Looks like they are hosting the first gay wedding. Montpellier, France (CNN) -- The French city of Montpellier will witness history Wednesday when its mayor officiates the nation's first same-sex wedding in front of hundreds of guests. Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau will exchange vows at a ceremony in the southern city, watched by some 500 guests seated on brightly colored chairs. Autin, 40, is the head of the region's Lesbian and Gay Pride association -- and his wedding to Boileau, 30, marks a big step forward for same…
-
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-