Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    I saw this series of photos today of Pics of 4 rock singers from the past. I thought this was interesting, I remember that at the time, I would guess early 80's I thought Billy Idol was hot... not so much now! Also is surprised me what Ozzy Osbourne looked like when he was young. Axl Rose...the pics tell enough! and eddie Van Halen did not age too well either.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Guest thaiworthy
    Started by Guest thaiworthy,

    I must admit I don't understand all this. I don't think anybody really does except other politicians, and that may be the point to this whole story. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/the-sequestration-fight-i_b_2792041.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false I have a very bad feeling about all this.

    • 1 reply
    • 938 views
  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    We’ve all experienced it! The other day I was looking for cheap air fares to bring my Japanese friend to enjoy my 6-day break in Khao-Lak at the start of April – thanks to the travelzoo 75% off offer in another thread. No fares are cheap – not even Air Asia, perhaps because I’ve left it too late. But then I did find what I thought was a decent fare from Tokyo to Phuket on Malaysian via KL – ¥45,000. When I then tried to book it, I discovered a page or two later that the ‘extra’ charges were a whopping ¥44,230 – i.e. ¥89,170 total. This was not for an ultra-cheap 6-months in advance ticket where the extras are understandably higher than the basic fare. This was a basic e…

    • 16 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Here’s a iittle conundrum. A German regional court in Cologne has ruled that circumcision amounts to bodily harm. As a result, the German Medical Association has told doctors in the area not to perform circumcisions. Not surprisingly, http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-18807040 Yet, in the book from which I quoted this morning on another thread, Islam: Its Law and Society, it is clearly stated – So it is merely a long standing tradition, but seemingly not an essential requirement for those practicing the faith. There even seem to be some of the Jewish faith now questioning the procedure. http://www.bbc.co.uk...mcision_1.shtml

  5. Guest Oliver
    Started by Guest Oliver,

    We have come to that time when it’s necessary to make more definite plans for the festivities. Specifics will not be posted here, in order to preserve confidentiality. Therefore, if you are serious about attending this year’s events, please send me an e-mail (not a private message) with your return e-mail address so that I may send you the pertinent information as it unfolds. Your confidential information will be respected, as I expect mine to be. Tickets to the theatrical performance (Sunset Boulevard at the Palm Canyon Theatre - http://www.palmcanyontheatre.org/2012_2013.html) will be the first order of business, followed later by dinner reservations, and, finally,…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    There is an ad in today's CL m4m section here in Phoenix. It reads "Hot college guy giving massages today. Only 75 for the hour. Done in a jockstrap or nude. Draping optional. Email for pics. No stupid questions or endless emails. Your session will be great. Available now." and it includes this pic.. I emailed him with the following questions.. HI there.I am interested in a good massage.. do u do incalls or out? if in, what area of town? any issue with age/body size? etc.. He responds with "in call. South Phoenix. Yes, I don't like super old guys or ones out of shape." While I appreciate his honesty, does he actually think he will get much business from young gu…

    • 6 replies
    • 705 views
  7. You decide. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u6Jjm1jzIig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  8. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    By Tim Kenneally TheWrap.com3:21 p.m. CST, March 1, 2013 LOS ANGELES—Bonnie Franklin, the actress who played Ann Romano in the sitcom "One Day at a Time," died Friday at her home. She was 69. News broke in September that Franklin had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Franklin was surrounded by family and friends at the time of her death, an individual familiar with the situation told TheWrap Born in Santa Monica, Calif., in 1944, Franklin first appeared on television at age nine, in "The Colgate Comedy Hour," and made her Broadway debut in 1970 in "Applause." She also had a semi-regular role on ABC's "Gidget." However, it was the sitcom "One Day at a Time," w…

  9. Guest thaiworthy
    Started by Guest thaiworthy,

    Clint Eastwood Signs Brief Supporting Same-sex Marriage Breitbart News has learned exclusively that Clint Eastwood has signed an amicus brief to the Supreme Court, supporting the right of same-sex couples to marry. The brief, which will be released later this evening, (edit: Feb. 27) has signatures from more than 100 Republican and conservative activists. It involves the case before the Supreme Court, seeking to overturn CA's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state. Maybe I can find the entire brief online, as it should have been released by now. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/27/clint-eastwood-signs-brief-supporting-sa…

  10. Guest thaiworthy
    Started by Guest thaiworthy,

    The battle for gay marriage in China is heating up, as scores of parents of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) residents have penned an open letter to National People's Congress delegates demanding marriage equality. The South China Morning Post reports that the parents expressed anxieties for their LGBT children, who are excluded from numerous rights enjoyed by their heterosexual counterparts under current Chinese legislation. More than a hundred gay parents sent the letter which I translated from the Chinese text with Google Translate, which worked pretty well: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/china-parents-gays-lesbians-marriage-lett…

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Sorry, that wasn't Darren Criss. When I first saw it, I thought that was him. But this is the teacher, Matthew Morrison. (can't edit title unfortunately) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjf4uzaoOE

    • 0 replies
    • 498 views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Amazon has a new ad out for their Kindle Paperwhite, and it's adorably gay inclusive, sure to rattle the cages of One Million Moms and everyone else. If I had a quibble, it would be that the woman is in a bikini, but the primary male in the commercial is fully dressed, rather than being in a swim suit. So maybe it's gay inclusive, but its definitely sexist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3t9reE364

    • 7 replies
    • 659 views
  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Fortunately we have come a long way from this. . .

  15. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Horsemeat was found in the meatballs at some European Ikea stores.. Ikea Withdraws Meatballs After Horse Meat Is Found By STEPHEN CASTLE Published: February 25, 2013 LONDON — The escalating crisis over horse meat in beef products in Europe claimed another big retail victim Monday when the Swedish furniture giant, Ikea, withdrew meatballs from sale in 14 European countries. The retailer said it had removed some products from its stores in Sweden after the authorities in the Czech Republic detected horse meat in Ikea meatballs. The company said it had made the decision even though its own tests two weeks ago had not detected horse DNA. Ikea also announced that it was s…

  16. Started by ihpguy,

    Seth MacFarlane hosted a slow-motion catastrophe of an Oscars broadcast Sunday night. His terrible performance immediately sparked two internet conversations: one about what a terrible Oscars host Seth MacFarlane was, and a second about who had, if anyone, been an even more terrible Oscars host. Many people were insulted by MacFarlane's sexist hostility. And I was, too. But I was also insulted by MacFarlane's obvious laziness and lack of professionalism. MacFarlane's shtick is built on contempt, which is why he's so witlessly insulting. But it was his obvious lack of effort, his confidence that his bush-league material was good enough for the likes of us, that betrayed hi…

  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Hilarious! Growing up without a cell phone If you are 36, or older, you might think this is hilarious! When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... Barefoot... BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it! But now that I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I …

  18. Obama Circumvents Gridlocked Congress To Advance LGBT Rights Amanda Terkel -- The Huffington Post Read it here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/obama-lgbt-congress-hud_n_2766940.html

    • 4 replies
    • 778 views
  19. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    They announced the new "cast" for the upcoming season. Don't get too excited though.... not one hottie in the bunch.

    • 8 replies
    • 833 views
  20. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    While the phone itself is pretty basic but a brilliant feature is amazing. Too soon for a American crowd but if it takes off in other markets we might see it here in 2015ish.

    • 0 replies
    • 579 views
  21. Started by RA1,

    I never had the oppotunity to hear him live but I certainly remember his outstanding achievements. Best regards, RA1

  22. Started by AdamSmith,

    On the lighter side of things... http://www.holytaco.com/25-sorry-self-picture-fails/

  23. Guest thaiworthy
    Started by Guest thaiworthy,

    The composition of foreign nationalities that make up buyers and investors in Phuket, based on immigration data by top 10 countries of origin, include: 1. Russia 2. China 3. Sweden 4. Australia 5. South Korea 6. Finland 7. Malaysia Is this a big surprise? http://www.thailand-business-news.com/china/44731-russia-and-china-top-buyers-in-phuket#ixzz2M3odesMz

    • 0 replies
    • 772 views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Dame Shirley Bassey and the greatest 30 seconds of The Oscars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxyBsvgS2sY

    • 6 replies
    • 873 views
  25. Started by Gotti,

    When will the Academy stop of being so sexist? Why good looking guys seems never get a chance of getting an actor award, while the gals... Just to be in this century: Nicole, Angelina, Halle, Charlize, Jennifer Conelly, Rachel Weiz and now Jennifer Lawrence, a 22 year old no less. Can anyone imagining a 22 year old pretty boy winning an Oscar? Just asking...

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.