The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I generally disapprove of lurid News Stories being regurgitated and I'm glad to see there is very little of that on this Forum. However, I thought story this was rather exceptional, as it illustrates that despite us thinking that Thai law is harsh for the most serious crimes, it appears to not always be the case and that murder is apparently less seriously dealt with than we perhaps thought : http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/15/syrian-sentenced-to-9-years-for-kiwi's-murder/
-
I loathe advertising that leads you to believe one thing but then, on examination of the small print, you realise it's usually not that at all - or there are major catches. Today I got an email message from British Airways about its new A380 service from London to Hong Kong. To "celebrate", special fares are offered in all classes from now to December 31 provided you book by March 20. As it's a celebration, you'd have thought the service would be starting around the start of this period. So I checked various dates through to October - all served by B747s. It was only then I noticed an asterisk in the copy. After the message, there is in small print - "We will…
-
Frank Thornton obituaryActor best known as the haughty department store supervisor Captain Peacock in the TV comedy Are You Being Served? Carole Woddis The Guardian, Monday 18 March 2013 08.54 EDT The actor Frank Thornton, who has died aged 92, had a flair for comedy derived from the subtle craftsmanship of classical stage work. However, he will be best remembered for his longstanding characters in two popular BBC television comedy series – the sniffily priggish Captain Peacock in Are You Being Served? and the pompous retired policeman Herbert "Truly" Truelove, in Roy Clarke's Last of the Summer Wine. Robertson Hare, the great Whitehall farceur, told him: "You'll ne…
- 1 reply
- 991 views
-
http://youtu.be/KCXOF2hLT5Q not sure why youtube won't embed for me anymore..
-
One of the questions members upon joining this forum can answer if they so wish is to state their gender. I have and it is male. So has everybody else who's answered that question (to the best of my knowledge, I've only checked regular posters). As far as I am concerned I am male - and definitely not female. We hear about transgendered people and transexuals. Are they the same? And what about sex? Again, if asked to state my sex I simply say 'male'. But what about deeper issues, what if I was asked to describe or define my sexuality? That's when it starts to get neither black nor white for some people - myself included! I think before I get myself even…
-
-
I may be sorry to bring this up again but I happened to listen to an interview last night of a passenger on this cruise. She said she wondered what ship those passengers were on that were complaining about food, etc. She said there was always plenty of food, the crew did their duty and explained how to "take care" of sanitary situations. Of course, it was inconvenient but she thought such folks were just trying to get a bigger settlement. Imagine that, US citizens going over the top in order to get something for nothing. Tsk, tsk. Best regards, RA1
- 28 replies
- 2.9k views
-
In a very personal Interview, Sen. Portman says he has a gay son and that his view on same sex marriage has changed and he thinks that gays should be allowed to marry. He was vetted as being a VP for Romney but passed over. He says this has nothing to do with that but I wonder. Glad he has a change of heart and how supports equal rights for gays and lesbians. http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/15/politics/portman-gay-marriage/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
- 17 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
- 11 replies
- 1.4k views
-
It appears to be shocking to the world but it is not to my friends in India. They say they know this happens all the time but nothing is ever done. Will the incidents that have gone on recently affect India? How will they deal with this?
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
Not sure here who has or who had attended the Annual Sydney Gay Mardi Gras but held the first Saturday of March every year it is attended by millions of people. Last Saturday night a young 18yo gay man is claiming Police brutality after his video went viral. A Police Officer was alleged to have used to much force,and has incited the Sydney Gay Community to march in protest this weekend against Police,ironically i notice the police officer is also in a minority group being an Aboriginal. ,unfortanetely the video taken by Jamie's friends didnt show him kick a police officer before it was taken. You be the judge http://www.gay.net/news/2013/03/06/watc…
-
Love the device and the new specs. As an Apple lover, this phone may cause me to wander to Samsung. http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/14/samsung-galaxy-s-4-beats-the-best-with-5-inch-1080p-display-1-9ghz-processor-gesture-controls-and-a-q2-2012-release/
-
- 16 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What Turns you on FIRST, and then MOST about a guy ? 1. Age 2. Face 3. Voice/Accent 4. Eyes/Lips 5. Hair 6. Body Type 7. Height 8. Bulge / Cock 9. Chest 10. Arms 11. Auora / Personality 12. Style
- 24 replies
- 2.2k views
-
Madonna lived up to her reputation for courting controversy and fighting for gay rights when she appeared on March 16 in New York City at the 24th annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Awards, the first of three events to be held this year to honor the best representations of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in the media. Dressed in a Boy Scout uniform, the pop star told the audience, "I wanted to be a Boy Scout but they wouldn't let me join... I can build a fire. I know how to pitch a tent... Listen, I want to do good for the community. Most importantly, I know how to scout for boys!" Then, addressing the organization's ban on…
-
-
This picture makes me very happy. Coming next year is the next chapter of AHS called American Horror Story: Coven It's all about witches in New Orleans. Having both Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange in the same series will be epic.
-
- 1 reply
- 711 views
-
-
I envy Gcursor for going back to school and being with all these hot guys in college... Recently CERN announced that they found the Higgs Boson... A lecture on the Higgs Boson by a hot guy... I can just day dream listening to him..
-
- 1 reply
- 866 views
-
-
Gay Porn's Bad Rap Tom Judson Actor, musician and author The awful news of the apparent suicide of porn performer Wilfried Knight makes it seem as if there is an epidemic of premature and tragic death among porn stars. I was acquainted with all of the names that have been in the news recently and worked with several of them and -- to a man -- they were lovely people and it saddens me to learn how unhappy they must have been. Unfortunately, this cluster of deaths has prompted another round of disapprobation directed at the culture of the gay porn industry itself. I have no insight into these individual cases, and my thoughts here are entirely subjective; I make no c…
-
Things could get awkward the next time Julianne Hough runs into Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet. The 24-year-old "Safe Haven" star and the host of E!'s awards season coverage and Fox's "American Idol" have split after more than two years together, according to multiple reports. People, which broke the story citing unnamed sources close to the couple, reports that the two are "taking a break and are living apart," and that their busy schedules caused them to end things. However, they're reportedly in "regular contact and remain friends." A source confirms to Us Weekly that their long days were to blame. "Honestly, their schedules were too hectic," the source says. "It…
-
- 4 replies
- 913 views
-
-
It seems Obama is evolving even more. 4 years with this man and I can see great progress ahead. http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/13/1710771/obama-evolves-even-further-denies-that-state-marriage-bans-are-constitutional/
- 4 replies
- 920 views
- 1 follower
-
I hope you are doing well! http://news.yahoo.com/tornado-causes-damage-mississippi-town-hattiesburg-004637934.html?.tsrc=yahoo
- 12 replies
- 1.2k views
-
In his new film Java Heat, Kellan Lutz does bare-chested pull-ups from the ceiling, no-feet pushups, then decides to get a Thai massage, baring his perfectly sculpted behind in theseNSFW shots. Sadly, when he flips over, there's a man blocking the shot just perfectly. The director should be fired.
-
Just when you thought things were getting hot and steamy in Brazil, here comes news that as Cardinals gather to elect a new Pope, Catholic officials find priests sharing a building with a big gay sauna. The Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna. The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in tomorrow’s election at the Sistine Chapel. This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment on the f…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Towleroad reports... Boy Scouts Send Out Survey to Pack Leaders Asking Questions About Gay Scenarios, Biased Policies: READ IT Towleroad has obtained screenshots from a pack leader of a survey sent out by the Boy Scouts of America asking them to rate the acceptability of various scenarios related to gay scouts and scout leaders, along with some additional questions about its policies. In early February, the BSA announced that it would not vote on lifting the ban then but delay it till May. The questions in the survey seem pointed, to say the least: Bob is 15 years old, and the only openly gay Scout in a Boy Scout troop. Is it acceptable or unacceptable for the troop…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
A friend from my youth passed away the other day. Obviously the news was sad to receive however the obituary in the paper was absurd. Forget for a moment how confusing it was ... my favorite (for lack of a better word) line went like this. He is survived by his father Mark and his late mother Sarah. WTF? if his mom has already passes away how can he be noted as a survivor?
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-