The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
He is so cute and I can listen to him speaking all day.. I think he is a Muslim so he may not be gay..
-
- 4 replies
- 915 views
-
-
I have sleep apnea but do not use a CPAP machine. However, the past few months I notice my sleep to be very poor and even during the day falling alseep at unexpected times. So I'm wondering does anyone here use or have used a CPAP machine? Did it help? Any downside? Thanks! Sleepless In the Southwest
- 38 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
After reading some of the neighing and braying by some recent posters the thought came to mind, what are the most beautiful sounding words or combos in English? Oh, ok, I saw this on the internet and cribbed the idea. Try not to do any googling and be orginal not as I was. I had read that cellar door is/was considered to be a beautiful combo by some including Tolkein the Hobbit Master; esp if pronounced slowly. French has beaucoup/many pleasant sounding words; asimismo/also Spanish. We can leave to to Christian to provide some pleasant sounding words in German! But for now one my English favs would be mellifluous. Any one want to aduce their contemplation…
- 14 replies
- 2.4k views
-
Prompted by the recent sale at auction of the original Batmobile for $4.6 million, MAD Magazine dug up the cover and first page of its 1966 spoof. Good to see the fag gag of the whole thing was as delicious then as now...
-
- 0 replies
- 735 views
-
-
At least once a day when I come to this site I continue to receive the Google malware warning notice. I just click past it and continue on my way. But what about new visitors or those who might not come here very often ... I would think that the warning page is scaring most non-regulars off. What do you guys think?
- 45 replies
- 4k views
-
Our posting colleague citylaw was named today by the NY Daily News as the one responsible for the flu virus in New York. I bring you the stunning headline here: RELATED: BLAME CITY LAW FOR YOUR NASTY FLU
-
- 3 replies
- 775 views
-
-
It is my goal to use up all of my frequent flyer miles before I die. So I am constantly looking for trips, but I am tight and want the best trip for the lowest miles. AA offers a low 20,000 coach to get to Rio, but the return is always 60,000 miles. (That is, right now. In the past we have gotten both legs for 20,000 miles, but you have to be patient.) So I checked for a return from GRU (Sao Paolo) and was offered one for 50,000 miles. That's not only cheaper, but the return would be in Business class. Otherwise, I could return on United for just 30,000 miles in coach, but all choices are two stops. So AA wins this one. A GRU return allows me to fly to Porto Alegre from…
- 26 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
The author Ruth Rendell, writing under her pseudonym of Barbara Vine, is trying to describe how handsome a character she is introducing is: "The first thing anyone would notice about James was how handsome he was (sic). Not like an actor, because actors aren't necessarily good-looking the way they once were...Clark Gable and Cary Grant and James Stewart and Gregory Peck, were all stunningly handsome and, when amalgamated looked like James." That didn't help me at all in figuring out how handsome the character is. James Stewart stunningly handsome? I didn't think of any of the 4 as "stunningly" handsome. So, what is stunningly handsome? And how do I amalgamate 4 men? …
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
-
This show is a bit fucked up but so far has an interesting storyline. It is pretty violent and be sure to watch the show after the credits. At least in the 2nd episode, it was funny and weird. Anyone else watching this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_%28TV_series%29 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHGfmLenmc
-
- 0 replies
- 650 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I saw his latest movie last night and while it was not really great, he is still fine to watch. I think I had this guys photo taped to my wall in my law school dorm room and he helped me to cum more than once.
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
Mobile phones purchased beginning Saturday can no longer be legally unlocked by U.S. consumers to enable them to work on different networks. The reason, as we reported three months ago, was that U.S. Copyright Office is no longer granting unlocking an exemption to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The DMCA makes it illegal to “circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access” to copyrighted material, in this case software embedded in phones that controls carrier access. But in all practicality, nothing will really change for consumers. Before unlocking was first exempted in 2006 and again in 2010, the carriers never sued individuals for un…
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
"Ripper Street," the Victorian-era police procedural debuting on BBC America on Saturday, opens with chilling promise and on a decidedly modern note. It's 1889 in London's notorious East End and a man leads a group of middle class English citizens to the sites of the Jack the Ripper killings. Six months since the body of Mary Jane Kelly, the fifth victim, was found, and already murder tourism thrives in Whitechapel. It is interrupted, in this case, by the discovery of another woman butchered, which leads the members of local H division, including Det. Inspector Edmund Reid (Matthew Macfadyen), to fear that the Ripper has not died, emigrated or simply gone to ground as…
-
- 5 replies
- 815 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I saw his latest movie last night and while it was not really great, he is still fine to watch. I think I had this guys photo taped to my wall in my law school dorm room and he helped me to cum more than once.
- 6 replies
- 954 views
- 1 follower
-
Have you guys seen Andy Murray in Australia Open... He got buffed up and so hot.. He was touching his cock a couple of times during his match against Federer... He is a hottie.. http://www.vipgalleries.net/christmasgay/andy-murray/andy-murray-15.jpg
-
- 2 replies
- 717 views
-
-
I love Tuk Tuk's and some people may even call it an obsession. But, with that love, comes the desire to do crazy shit. Has anyone ever done this race, known of others who did it? A good friend of mine is already registered for 2013 and wants me to join him. http://www.theadventurists.com/the-adventures/rickshaw-run
- 10 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
I saw this car in Weho and thought maybe Oz was visiting?
- 2 replies
- 863 views
- 1 follower
-
The Russian Lower House has passed at the first reading a bill banning homosexual propaganda towards minors, which has already been labeled by opponents as anti-gay. The bill was supported by 388 MPs with one vote against and one abstention. The ban was submitted by deputies from the Novosibirsk Region in Siberia, who had earlier introduced similar local regulations. If approved, it would introduce heavy fines for the promotion of homosexuality among children. Those found guilty of the offence could be fined up to 5000 roubles (about $160), but the fines increase 10-fold for officials and 100-fold for companies. Hearings were initially scheduled for December, but go…
-
- 0 replies
- 719 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/pentagon-to-move-expeditiously-to-lift-ban-on-women-in-combat-roles/2013/01/24/f9fd6244-665d-11e2-85f5-a8a9228e55e7_story.html Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. My understanding is that the "ban" is lifted, but each of the armed services will need to come up with a way to implement. I am sure that many will also be asking how this will affect selective service requirments (The USA version of creating a potential draft list) as well as any possible future drafti into compulsary military service. Are all women going to be signed up for the draft? President Obama continues …
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
I usually find Frost "our dullest great poet," as John Ashbery once cracked. But this piece, noted by poet Jay Parini (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/25/opinion/parini-cold-weather/index.html?iid=article_sidebar), seems apt for today... Good-bye, and Keep Cold Robert Frost This saying good-bye on the edge of the dark And cold to an orchard so young in the bark Reminds me of all that can happen to harm An orchard away at the end of the farm All winter, cut off by a hill from the house. I don't want it girdled by rabbit and mouse, I don't want it dreamily nibbled for browse By deer, and I don't want it budded by grouse. (If certain it wouldn't be idle to call I'd summon gr…
- 2 replies
- 939 views
-
A Trick for Cheaper Flights Hiding in Plain Sight ‹By Scott McCartney | The Wall Street Journal ​ Reuters/REUTERS - A Turkish Airlines plane takes off at Ataturk International Airport in Istanbul November 30, 2012. Want a quick 30% discount on your family's trip to Europe or Hawaii? In the crazy airfare world, sometimes buying two tickets is cheaper than one. Pairing two discounted tickets together to create your own connecting itinerary can often be less expensive than flying on one ticket, if you take advantage of airlines' city-specific specials, or create your own route using discount airlines. The strategy comes with serious trade-offs. You may have …
-
- 1 reply
- 990 views
-
-
I was so excited to see these new trip of forums upon my recent return. However they seemed to have become nothing more than a holding place for a brief review or two. It would be awesome if there was more interaction. I love to read what others thought about a film whether in response to me or someone else take. Same goes for the Arts & Theater section. So I am starting a new campaign and the slogan is ..... Scroll Down & Speak Up psst. Pass It On
-
- 12 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For work I was asked to figure out Pinterest. Five hours later I'm still not sure how this can be used to market any company in any way. I've never been on a more useless site in my life.
- 12 replies
- 1.7k views
-
Reports are that internet sensation and male celebrity hunk Levi Johnston, formerly Mr. Bristol Palin, has been assaulted by his new wife, who thinks that Levi does not hold her beauty in the esteem to which she thinks he should. Johnston's attorney says that Levi's wife beat him "mercilessly" recently. The story recently appeared in the esteemed newspaper The National Enquirer, but the lawyer insists that neither he nor Johnston spoke to the Enquirer. Other sources must be talking. Should there be any damage to Levi's genitals, a lawsuit in the trillions of dollars could be filed.
- 15 replies
- 1.6k views
-
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/us/pentagon-says-it-is-lifting-ban-on-women-in-combat.html?hp
- 3 replies
- 842 views
- 1 follower
-
What it was like growing up gay.
- 9 replies
- 1k views